Chapter 02

05.07.12

You closed your eyes even more tightly, trying hard to fall back asleep again. However, that was almost impossible. You felt confused. He was just a classmate, a new transfer student, a friend but why are things getting so complicated? Maybe it was just a kind and gentleman gesture but to you, it wasn’t.

“She is awake.” Baro thought as he saw your eyelash flutter a little.

He smiled and looked straight, not moving his shoulders even for a bit.

“We reached.” He whispered softly over your hair which made your heart beat a bit faster.

You jumped up and pretended to be surprised.

“Oh. So-sorry. I accidentally fell asleep on your… shoulder.” You ended your sentence when you glanced over to the spot you slept on.

Gulping down your saliva, you avoided his gaze.

“You’re welcome.” He said with a smirk.

“And if you are not getting off, you will be late again.” He warned when the next moment, you found him by the bus door already.

“Why am I acting as if I like him?” you thought as you placed your hand over your chest.

 

“Haiz. School trip to a museum.” Jihye whined.

“One word: Boring.” Sanghee remarked, shaking her head.

“Kim Jiyeon, come back to Earth please.” Jihye called out when you were in a daze.

“Huh?” you asked.

“Why are you acting so strangely?” Jihye interrogated.

“No-Nothing.” You said shaking your hands about.

The two exchanged suspicious glances with one another and smiled at you.

 “Best friends shouldn’t keep secrets from one another, right?” Jihye said purposefully.

“We should share our worries with one another…” Sanghee added.

 “So tell us what you were thinking about just now…” The two said together as they sat beside you.

“I-” Before you could say anything, someone walked over.

“I have an extra tuna sandwich.” He said and passed it to you.

“Oh. Thanks.” You said and avoided eye contact.

“You’re welcome.” He said which reminded you of the last time he said it.

He then walked off to join the other guys in the class. You felt your stomach growl at the sight of the sandwich. You wondered if he knew you did not eat breakfast again.

“Awww~ Special delivery, huh?” Jihye teased.

“Aish. Stop thinking too much into it.” You told the two off.

“The bus is here!” The homeroom teacher announced and you were secretly glad it saved you from further interrogation.

Some of the students groaned while others cheered at the arrival. In a single file, the students were ready to get on the bus. Then you felt someone walked up to you.

“The boys are in odd numbers so let’s sit together.” He said with a knowing smile.

You were about to open your mouth when you met him straight in the eyes.

“It’s not the first time anyway.” He said with a wink.

“Okay.” You answered and you felt the same feeling from before again.

Sitting on the bus, you knew better than to fall asleep again with him by your side. Taking out your handphone, you began reading.

“Kekeke…” You laughed softly at the joke.

“What’s so funny?” he asked and moved his head closer to your phone.

You jumped a little at the close proximity and shifted away immediately, causing your head to knock into the glass for a bit.

“Sorry. Does it hurt?” He asked and reached out for the spot you knocked into.

“It’s okay! I am fine!” you raised your voice a little because you turned really nervous around him out of a sudden.

He chuckled at your reaction once again and took his hand back.

“You’re cute.” He commented softly as he turned back to the front.

“Did I just hear what I thought I heard?” You thought as you rubbed the sore spot.

“Hehehehehe…” The two of your friends exchanged glances from the seat behind and grinned.

“I feel like I am watching a drama.” Sanghee whispered.

“Me too.” Jihye whispered back.

“Should we help them a bit?” Sanghee asked with a wink.

“Nope.  I think we should let nature take its own course. Baro seems to be doing well so now it’s all up to our dense bestie already.” Jihye concluded with a smile as she crossed her arms.

“And now she seems to be feeling something that she should have felt long ago…” Jihye thought to herself with a smile.

Then, you felt your phone vibrate. You ignored the vibration and continued reading when you felt someone tapped your hand. It was Baro. He pointed to your phone with a smile and looked away. You opened the message which was from him.

To: Jiyeon

Time spent with you is enjoyable. ^^

You felt your heart pound harder at just that simple line of message received.

To: Baro

Me too. (:

When his phone vibrated, he smiled at your reply and kept his phone away.

Silence between two people often makes the sound of beating hearts heard more evidently.

The museum trip was over with not much happenings. It was just the usual- look at the artifacts, listen to some of its history, fool around and do some post-trip assignments. Soon after the bell rang, the teacher entered the class with his geography textbooks by his side.

“Okay. Let’s get class started!” He said and clasped his hands together.

“So one oceanic plate collides with the continental plate, the denser oceanic plate would subduct under it. After which the part that is dipped into the hot mantle would melt and for basaltic magma. Then, it would rise…” The boring teacher was practically reading off the prepared slides.

You had fallen asleep fifteen minutes into lessons although you had been trying hard to stay awake. What the teacher was saying just sounded like random noises. You picked up the pen and tried to jot down what he told the class to but it turned out to be funny scribbles. Soon enough, you dozed off again. You felt some movement but you chose to ignore it as sleepiness triumphed.

“RINGGGG~!” The bell rang.

You jumped a little because of the ringing bell and looked around the class. The teacher has left class and some students has already vacated. You look down at your papers but they have disappeared.

“Oh my gosh. Class ended? I was sleeping the whole time. Oh. Where are my papers?” You mumbled to yourself.

Baro chuckled and handed your papers back to you.

“Yea, I can tell you slept the whole time.” He said with a mocking smile.

You took the papers from him and realized he had helped you jotted down the answers to the empty blanks.

“Thank you.” You said gratefully.

“No problem. Remember to read them when you get home.” He said with another smile.

When you got home, you bathed and played the computer for a bit. Your eyes were starting to turn droopy and dry from staring at the computer screen for too long. Turning away from the bright screen, you looked to your belongings which piled up and resembled a rubbish fill.  

“I think I need to pack this up some day.” You made a mental note.

Walking over, you picked up your homework file stacked at the top to keep it in your bag when something fell out. Bending over, you picked up the geography lesson notes for today. Looking at Baro’s neat handwriting, you smiled to yourself unknowingly. Flipping through the pages, your gaze stopped at words which were neatly scribbled at the bottom right of the page.

I like you.

Your eyes widened in surprise as you dropped the papers. You wanted to call up Sanghee and Jihye but you hesitated. It was late at night already and you suspected they would excitedly ask you to accept Baro. However, you were unsure. You were unsure of your feelings towards him and you didn’t know if you were ready.

“Maybe… It’s just a joke?” you reassured yourself as you thought of Baro’s playful personality.

“It must be a joke.” You told yourself and felt a sense of relief.

With that, you went to bed, reassuring yourself over and over again. Thoughts filled your mind as you recollected your encounter with him from the first day.

Do I like him?

 

The next day in school, you saw Baro sitting in class already. You purposefully came earlier to clear your mind a little since you woke up early, for once. However, he seemed to be even earlier. What made things worse was he was the only one sitting in class. He seemed to be all smiles and in anticipation. You felt your heart skip a beat and beating faster and faster as you walked to your seat.

“Morning.” You greeted as naturally as possible.

“By any chance…Did you read your geography notes last night?” He asked as he looked at you.

“Ah…ummm…I… I forgot.” You lied and looked away.

“I like you.”

“Bwoh?!” You turned your head to him, completely surprised.

“It’s not a joke.” He confirmed.

“She read my confession last night.” He thought to himself as he saw your reaction.

“I…I…” You stuttered, not knowing what to say.

“Do you… like me?” he asked fearfully.

“I don’t know.” You said.

“You don’t like me?” he asked with a hint of sadness in his tone.

“Aniya!” You quickly clarified, not wanting him to misunderstand.

He looked up and chuckled at your cute response once again.

“So will you be my girl?” he asked which made you blush harder.

“I…I…”You didn’t know what to say.

“Yes, she will!” Two heads popped out from behind the lockers and answered.

“Yo-You two were there the whole time?!” You pointed at them and tried hard not to stammer.

“I am sorry. This girl here has no experience in love, no crushes or no kpop bias to swoon over and practically have 0% of experience in love. We apologise on behalf on her and hereby hand her over to you. Here you go.” Sanghee said as if she was your mother and placed your hands in Baro’s.

You were about to pull your hand back and stop this absurd talking by your two friends when he closed his grip on your hand.

“They said ‘yes’, how about you?” he turned to you with a hopeful smile.

“This is insane.” You thought.

“Kim Jiyeon, you better say ‘yes’ and stop deluding yourself.” Jihye thought to herself.

“I…” You paused.

You were still being confused but your beating heart has already given you away a long time ago. You knew. You actually knew what your answer was.

“I…I…I think I like you too.” You didn’t know what else to say but this.

You smiled shyly as you faced your true feelings which you finally understood. He broke out into a relief smile before turning to your two friends.

“Ah. Ah. I understand. “Jihye said with a knowing wink before pulling Sanghee away.

“Thank you, Jiyeon.” He said with a smile and pulled you closer to him, slowly.

The next moment, you already found yourself in his arms and you didn’t dare to move. You swore your heart would jump out of where it belongs anytime but you liked the feeling you were experiencing now. It was new and different. Actually, you were not ready for your first love because many say first love blossoms but never lasts. However, Baro gave you the confidence that perhaps this first relationship of yours can last. You wanted to give it a try and see how things turn out even if it may not be the best.

Uncertainty may not lead to the worst ending; it may lead to a new beginning.

 

Author's Note:
Hey noob, sorry for completing your super duber belated present only now because of all the projects and exams!
You know, I really can't write fluff so I am sorry if I failed too badly at it. *hides*
Hope I did not rust too much in writing >.<"
Anyway, I hope you had fun with this interactive two-shot (: !
Happy belated birthday, darling! :D
Tell me which option you chose when I see you on Monday!
To all the other subscribers, thank you for subscribing ^^ !
Hope you would leave me a comment! :D

A big thank you hug for noob and my subscribers for waiting patiently... <3