Donghae

Heaven To You

Donghae threw his school bag on his shoulder, and prepared to leave the almost empty classroom, when he noticed someone looking at him. He stared in the eyes of his classmate, bowed his head in his direction, then left, because he had to work at the veterinary this evening. He hoped his classmate -he believed he was called Henry- didn't take his stare in a bad way, or thought offending that Donghae left while looking at him. But the said Henry didn't look like a bad guy, just that he was shy and had problem with socializing since he came from Canada and spoke Korean for only three years.

 

Donghae went out of the high school, and walked down the street, in the veterinary's direction. Twenty meters right after his own high school was another one, one that everyone in the town and above feared. The students in there were known for being violent, always somewhat involved with every fights that happened. Stubborn for some, nonchalant for others, they were treated as criminals nonetheless. But Donghae believed they weren't all of what people said about them, because they couldn't be all violent and throwing tantrums at any little things that occured.

 

Plus, since he already experienced being the 'victim' of rumors, he knew that at least half of them weren't true, but people's lies and exageration.

 

He passed by the high school, earning some glares and faces, but he didn't care. He knew it wasn't because they knew him or anything, it was just their way of defending themselves against the strangers. That was why their high school was really united : they were kind of alone against the other judging, nagging, idiot people. Donghae was happy no one ever bothered to call him to beat him up or something like that. They didn't have any reason, but sometimes they did, so he was being clever and never stared longer than three seconds.

 

He turned right at the end of the street, walking alongside the river. He lifted his nose to the sky, and almost pouted, seing that it was probably going to rain soon. He walked a little faster than usual, because he definitely didn't wanted to be drenched when arriving at the veterinary. He suddenly heard a yelp, and quickly turned his head toward the river, stopping dead on his tracks. The rain started to pour on him the moment he saw a small animal that was going to drown if he didn't help him.

 

And so he went down the little rim of the river, held his hand out, and somehow managed to catch the little dog right before it passed him. He quickly pulled it out of the water, the rain pouring more heavily than before. The doggie looked quite alive, he was breathing, and after a little check, Donghae found out that he wasn't hurt. Reassured, he opened the jacket of his uniform, and held the doggie close to him to give him some warmness.

 

He hurriedly made it to the veterinary, opening the door and bowing to Jia, the secretary that was at the counter. She smiled a bright smile, which seemed much brighter, enlighted by her newly dyed pink hair.

 

He pushed the office's door open, entered, and heard the vet saying :

 

-There he is.

 

He looked interrogatively at the vet, and then lowered his eyes to the two young men sitting on the office's two blue chairs. One of them had short, black hair, and a somewhat ressemblance with a bunny. He adverted his eyes to the second, and felt his hands started to shake a little. The man's cheeks were slowly going red, putting on adorably with his bleached blond hair, and big, black eyes that just wouldn't leave him. The man had such a stare Donghae looked at the vet again.

 

-Donghae-ah, where've you been ?

 

Donghae remembered the doggie he saved from drowning. Somehow, the blond man was inviding his mind, as he unconsciously opened his jacket to show them the doggie. Now that he took a good look at him, the animal was all dirtied, and so was his formerly white shirt.

 

-He was close from drowning in the river down the street, simply said Donghae, still a little bit surprised with the sudden shake of his hand when he met eyes with the blond.

 

Still feeling the blond staring at him, Donghae slowly turned his gaze toward him, and his breath hitched imperceptibly as he realized the man's gaze never left him. A blush almost crept on his face, but he knew he was expressionless, so it was more than probable that nobody noticed. He held the doggie tight when his hands just wouldn't stop shaking.

 

But then, he took a good look at the two guys' clothes, and he realized they were both from Nan Hyun High School... The most dangerous in town.

 

*

* *

 

After leaving the puppy dog to the vet, the three of them in the room where they kept all of the animals they had to treat, and also some strays, or just abandonned ones. Behind him, Sungmin and Eunhyuk were waiting for him to get Carrot out of his cage -and the rabbit looked totally unpleased with the small place. Sungmin had already warned the vet that his rabbit was a bit difficult the evening he let him to the veterinary, but once Donghae had his hands in the cage to catch him, he turned into the cuttest and most obedient animal on Earth.

 

-Wow, how can you do that ? Even with me he tends to be savage ! Sungmin exclaimed.

 

-I don't really know, Donghae shrugged, but animals never hated me until now. We have... A link, I guess.

 

Sungmin looked really surprised. But Eunhyuk was as statufied as he was the moment he saw Donghae, and his eyes never left the latter, who was starting to worry a bit about the blond's health. Maybe he had an eye problem ? Or was it because he hated him ? Maybe it was just an habbit, since he came from Nan Hyun, but Donghae didn't want to assume things just for the reason that someone was staring at him.