Guilty

So What

Jonghyun walked through the crowd and ignored all the questions that came his way. All he cared about was getting someone to help Eun Chae. He saw Donghae grab Eun Chae's hand but immediately pushed it away. He glared at Donghae. He raced to the small building they had went to earlier, careful not to hurt her.

As he stepped through the doors of the building, he immediately saw Kim Lindale. He walked over quickly but Eun Chae wasn't going to let him have his way.

"You can let me down now. I'm okay," said Eun Chae who couldn't bear another second on Jonghyun's back. Her face was red and her heart was beating mutiple times per second. She tried getting off but her leg was hurting.

"Don't you dare get off!" screamed Jonghyun who tightened his grip. He continued walking to Lindale who just noticed them. She looked shocked.

"Are you okay, Eun Chae?!" she asked, helping Jonghyun lay Eun Chae on a nearby chair.

"What do you think?" asked Eun Chae jokingly.

"Oh my gosh, I'm going to go get the first aid kit," she replied, racing towards another room.

Jonghyun and Eun Chae sat there awkwardly before Jonghyun leaned closer to Eun Chae and looked at her closely.

"Why are you so red? Do you have a fever?" he asked worriedly as he placed his hand on Eun Chae's forehead. Eun Chae felt her blood rise up to her cheeks. She definitely contracted some kind of illness in the forest. Her heart started beating 20 times per second and all she could think about was...nothing.

Luckily, Lindale came out of the room at that moment and Eun Chae sighed with relief. Jonghyun removed his hand and just watched Lindale treat Eun Chae's leg. She applied antiseptic and began wrapping bandages around Eun Chae's knee. Then, she put bandaids on the various cuts on Eun Chae's leg. When she was done, Jonghyun grabbed Eun Chae and carried her on his back. Lindale waved goodbye and told Eun Chae to get better.

Jonghyun stepped out of the building and walked slowly back to the tent. The two of them exchanged no words as they walked back. As they arrived, Master Kim helped Eun Chae off Jonghyun's back. Taemin guided his sister back to her tent and Jonghyun was left with his dad who looked furious.

Eun Chae lay down on her sleeping bag and looked outside. "You don't look he'll get in trouble will you? Master Kim looks so angry," asked Eun Chae who was trying to make out what Master Kim was saying to Jonghyun.

"I don't know..." replied Taemin. "But you should get some rest, Noona!" He looked over at his sister's leg and frowned.

"Don't worry, I'm okay," Eun Chae retorted. She carefully lay down and pulled the bag over her. "Go away, I want to sleep!"

Taemin smiled and exited the tent. Eun Chae lay there and after a few minutes, she was fast asleep.

 

                                                                                    -----s2-----

Eun Chae woke up the next morning to the buzzing of people outside. She yawned and tried to get out of the sleeping bag. Immediately, her leg started aching and the events of yesterday started to flow back to her mind. "," she thought. Eun Chae slowly and carefully got out. She exited her tent limping and saw everyone was busy packing their things. Taemin walked over to Eun Chae and smiled. "Noona, are you okay?"

"Of course I am," Eun Chae replied, smiling back. Taemin proceeded to help Eun Chae pack her things while she went to brush her teeth. A little later, the two of them made their way over to the building. Some people were already there eating at tables. Breakfast was rice, miso soup and grilled fish. The two of them scooped heapfuls of rice into their bowls and began devouring everything they lay their eyes on. Halfway through her second bowl, Eun Chae noticed Donghae walk in. He looked tired and almost sad. His eyes, expressionless. She waved her hand up to grab his attention. He didn't notice. "Donghae! Come here!" yelled Eun Chae frantically.

Donghae looked up and saw two hands waving at him. He ignored her. How could he face Eun Chae after letting her be in danger? Donghae pretended to not notice and walked over to the other side of tables. Eun Chae sat back down confused. Why was he ignoring her? Before Eun Chae could think further, a plate of grilled meat was brought to her table and that was all she thought about for next hour.

After breakfast, the whole group of students made their way to the buses. "Alright, everyone into the bus!" cried Master Kim as he dragged a suitcase onto the side of the bus. Students started crowding around the bus to get the best seat. Eun Chae started scanning the crowd to look for one person. Donghae. "Where is he?" she thought.

At that moment, someone tapped her on the shoulder. Eun Chae smiled and turned around thinking it was Donghae. "Eun Chae, I'm going to miss you!" cried Lindale. Eun Chae laughed and hugged Lindale back. She was not disappointed. "Me too! I'll visit you sometime..maybe.." Eun Chae replied jokingly. The two of them hugged and it was finally time for Eun Chae to go. The two of them waved goodbye and Eun Chae walked onto the bus. Eun Chae immediately saw Donghae sitting next to a senior. She felt upset. Almost disappointed. Why would he sit with someone else? They were best friends. Something definitely happened when she hurt her leg. Eun Chae walked down the aisle and the only seat left was next to Jonghyun.

Jonghyun smiled at Eun Chae and removed his bag. Eun Chae sat down reluctantly and tried to remain calm. She was not going to get flustered. The whole bus trip back was a mixture of emotions for Eun Chae. A part of her was feeling giddy and embarrassed from the many stares and glances that Jonghyun was giving her. And another part of her was worried and anxious about Donghae. "Ah, so confusing," she thought.