Off To Camp

So What

It was Friday night and Eun Chae still hadn't packed. She was too busy playing video games and trying to beat her previous score. Taemin had popped into her room numerous times to nag her about packing. She didn't pay any attention and that was why she was late the next morning. 

"NOONA! NOONA! NOONA!" screamed Taemin. He was shaking his sister to try and wake her up. It was 15 minutes to 5AM. He had slept in and they were doomed. Taemin gave up and entered the bathroom to get ready. He wasn't that worried about himself. He just had to brush his teeth and wash his face. However, his irresponsible sister was another story. She hadn't even packed yet! As he wiped his face with the towel, Taemin jumped out of the bathroom and threw whatever clothes he could find into his sister's suitcase. He began screaming at the top of his lungs and it was only then that Eun Chae woke up. She seemed to understand the situation right away because she raced to the bathroom and Taemin heard water splashing and super fast teeth brushing. He felt slighty relieved and went to his room to change clothes and grab his suitcase.

When Eun Chae finished with the bathroom, she ran out holding her toothbrush and shampoo. She threw it in the suitcase and proceeded to throw whatever she needed in. Clothes, bras, underwear, her taekwondo uniform and gear. She closed the top of the suitcase and zipped it with super speed. She also changed rapidly and raced downstairs. Taemin was already there grabbing all the food in the cupboards and throwing it in a bag.

The two of them looked at each other and and saw the time. 5 minutes to 5AM. They nodded in unison, grabbed all their things and locked the front door. It was going to be a race for their lives. They ran and ran and ran as fast as they could. They were not going to miss an opportunity like this.

Like fate would have it, they arrived just in time. Master Kim was just about to board the bus when he saw two figures running. He looked mad but his anger subsided when he saw the two of them panting heavily and looking at him with puppy dog eyes. He shrugged and helped the two of them load their luggage on the side of the bus. As the two of them entered the bus, everyone cheered and sighed with relief. Donghae raced up to Eun Chae and hugged her. "I thought you weren't going to come!" he cried. The two of them sat down at the back of the bus and Eun Chae let out a long sigh of relief. "What happened to you? Why were you so late?" he asked.

"Mario and Luigi needed me alright?" she retorted. Donghae laughed and looked at Eun Chae unbelievably. He couldn't believe that his best friend had just risked her opportunity of going to camp for a video game. Eun Chae laughed as well and lay her head on Donghae's shoulder. She was still sleepy.

Donghae immediately tensed when he felt Eun Chae's head on his shoulder. He looked around awkwardly and lay his head on her head. The bus engine and the two of them fell asleep together.

Jonghyun looked at the two of them with jealousy. He didn't know why he felt this way but he felt that it should have been him who lended his shoulder to Eun Chae. Once again, he questioned the relationship between Donghae and Eun Chae.The thought of them being more than friends pained him.

                                                                                    -----s2-----

After three hours, they finally arrived at camp. Everyone raced out of the bus to see the scenery first. Donghae and Eun Chae exited the bus together and when they glanced around them, their breath got taken away. It was beautiful. The whole place was covered with thick trees and grass and the air was fresh and crisp. It was nothing like the city. Master Kim instructed everyone to grab their things and follow him. They walked to a small building where he entered. The students waited outside and after five minutes, he came out with a young girl. She was tall and skinny, wearing camp uniform. Her name tag read 'Kim Lindale'.

"Alright everyone. This is Kim Lindale. She's going to be our guide for the next two days. If you need any help, just ask her," said Master Kim.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Kim Lindale," the girl said. She seemed like a nice down to earth person. "Let's go," said. She led them to the outer edge of the forest where there was a clearing. "This is where you're going to be staying for the next two days," she announced. "You can set up your tents here. I'll just go back to get your maps and compasses." Lindale turned around and proceeded to walk back.

"I'll help you!" Eun Chae cried. She followed Lindale and they walked back together.

"Hi, I'm Eun Chae!" Eun Chae said, smiling.

"I'm Lindale," Lindale replied, grinning. The two of them laughed and continued walking. It seemed like they were going to be good friends.

                                                                                    -----s2-----

After the two girls returned to the clearing with the maps and compasses, they handed it out to each person. "This is just a precaution in case you get lost. Of course, you should remember to stay in this area. The forest is strictly out of bounds. It's extremely dangerous if you don't know the area well," Lindale said.

By then the whole group of students were setting up their tents and getting comfortable, Taemin had brought two tents for himself and his sister. After an hour, everyone had settled in and were changed in their taekwondo uniform. They followed Master Kim and walked a little further into the clearing.

They warmed up and did yoga. It was the best feeling. The morning air felt clean and natural. Everyone was enjoying the morning exercise. Following the warm up, Master Kim did various workshops and lessons for everyone to improve on their fitness and technique.

By the end of the day, everyone was exhausted.