Happiness Doesn't Last

y, Free & Single

Tiffany stood up and jumped off the rock. She dusted off any dirt that was on her and Hoya quickly did the same. 

 

"Tiffany. Aren't you going to say anything?" She crossed her elbows and furrowed her brows. Hoya could tell she wasn't convinced that his confession was true. "What can I do to prove to you that I...that I love you?" 

 

"S-stop saying that!" Her arms fell to her sides and her face was fuming red. Hoya titled head, confused.

 

"Stop saying what? I love you. But, it's true. I really do love-" Tiffany slapped him straight across his face, shocking Hoya. He looked at her and saw tears roll down her cheeks. 

 

"You're lying! Why would you love me?! I don't know what kind of game you're trying to play but it's not funny. I don't want to get my hopes up..." Hoya took a step toward her and took her hand. 

 

"Trust me when I say I love you. Why? Because......," Hoya thought for a moment. All the reasons he loved her rushed through his mind and he smiled, "I love you because you're cute when you're angry, I love you because your sleeping habits are bad, I love you because you try to make me jealous, I love you because you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, the way you flip your hair, the way your lips slightly part when you think, your eye smile, everything! I love you because you're you. I know you've faced many disappointments in your life and there's no guarantee that I won't disappoint you. But, please give me a chance."

 

Tiffany tried to avoid eye contact, but she couldn't help look at him. He was giving her puppy eyes and for some reason she could tell he was sincere. She had been in so many bad relationships, probably because she was always with the same type of guy. Maybe Hoya was the one. Maybe she could be happy with him. There was no way to know unless she gave him a chance.

 

"O-okay." Truthfully, Tiffany was so relieved. She didn't want to admit it, but she was hoping for this to happen. Hoya smiled and he couldn't stop smiling. It was contagious. Both of them looked at each and began to laugh. Tiffany made the first move and literally pounced on Hoya, giving him a tight hug.

 

"W-woah." Both of them chuckled. For once, both of them were happy. This one moment....should've lasted forever. But, happiness doesn't last forever.

 

>oOo<

 

She tried to get out of the bed without waking him up. But the bed made a creaking sound as soon as she got up. His eyes opened slowly. 

 

"Where are you going?" She smirked and leaned to give him a kiss on the forehead. 

 

"I'm leaving, remember?" He pouted and pulled her close to him. She rested her head on his chest. "Don't worry. I'll come back. I promise." He held her tight.

 

"I'm going to miss you, Taeyeon. How long will you be gone?" She looked at him and smiled.

 

"I don't know. But, I have to take care of some things back home." Leetuk sighed and kissed her on the lips before releasing her from his grasp. Taeyeon quickly picked up her clothing from the floor. 

 

"I'll wait for you." Taeyeon looked at the depressed Leetuk and blew him a kiss before heading out.

 

In the car heading to the airport, Taeyeon took out her phone and dialed a familiar phone number. She took a deep breath before pressing the call button.

 

"Appa? Yeah. I'm going to the airport now. I'll see you soon."