Realization and Happiness

I Hate My Life

Yesung cautiously pokes his head out. He looks left and right. Surprisingly, there is no Leeteuk waiting to ambush him. Yesung quickly finishes getting ready for the day and wanders to the main area. There he spots a bunch of packed lunches and a busy Ryeowook humming in the kitchen. Suddenly, he stops and stares. In front of him is an unfamiliar sight. His mind quickly corrects him. This is not an unfamiliar site. It is more of a sight he wants to never see. Are his eyes tricking him? Surely this must be a figment of his imagination. There is no way he could be seeing Kyuhyun in the kitchen humming a song.

Kyuhyun turns around, “Oh, hyung! Breakfast will be ready in a few minutes. Can you please gather all of the members?”

“Sure. But, why are you cooking?”

“You don’t need to worry about that, Yesungie” Kyuhyun gives a smirk and waves off Yesung.

Hesitantly, Yesung goes to find the others. Best let the maknae do his own thing. Thank goodness Kyuhyun is not cooking for them…Right? Yesung shrugs and hopes for the best. He gathers all the members into the dining room. He takes Ryeowook aside.

“Wookie, why is Kyuhyun cooking? Is that food for us?”

Ryeowook gives a smile and pats Yesung’s head. “No need to worry, Yesung-hyung. Kyu is cooking for someone special. Just don’t touch the lunchbox, alright?”

“…Sure.”

Yesung shrugs at Ryeowook’s and Kyuhyun’s weird behavior. Perhaps Kyu is learning how to cook from Wookie for a special girl or something. He sits down at the table to enjoy the delicious meal he hopes is prepared by Ryeowook only. Cautiously, he prods the food with his chopsticks. Heechul, who is sitting beside him, notices.

“Aish! Why are you poking your food, Yesung? You’ve barely eaten anything for the past few days. I bet Heebum could eat more than you, and he is a cat.” Heechul gives a crackle at his own private joke. The rest of the members only roll their eyes.

Yesung replies, “I’m just making sure Kyu didn’t prepare it.”

Kyuhyun rolls his eyes, “Just because I messed up one time doesn’t mean my food is poisonous. Anyway, there is no need to worry. I didn’t make any of the food on the table.”

“What were you making?”

“Oh, just something special. It’s in that lunchbox and will be delivered to that person very soon. No need to worry about it, Yesungie.”

Yesung, reassured, finishes his breakfast quickly. He receives a call from ChinHo telling him to get his down to the lobby to be picked up for his schedule. As he is saying his brief good-byes to s, Kyuhyun comes up to him. In his hand is the lunchbox with the food he has prepared.

“Yesung-hyung, please gives this to manager-hyung.”

“But…isn’t this your cooking? He’ll get mad at me if it is really bad.”

“Don’t worry, Yesung-hyung. He deserves it after what he said to you.”

“Y-y-you know what he said to me?”

“Of course, we know, pabo! Hurting our member mentally is the wrong thing to do. We know everything. We don’t hate you, Yesung-hyung. We love you and your unique ways. They make us smile fondly. You are you. And we love you for that.”

“T-thanks, Kyuhyun-ah.”

Yesung can see in his peripheral version that every single one of the members nods their heads at every single statement Kyuhyun says. It warms his heart to realize that the members do care about him. That he is not some measly bug on the wall. He is Yesung, member of Super Junior. The one with the art-like voice. He gives a genuine smile. The first in a long time.

The rest of the members feel joy in their hearts when they see the realization on Yesung’s face. Many of them squeal internally when they see Yesung’s beautiful smile. (If they had squealed out loud, the wrath of the angel would be upon them.)

Yesung quickly exits the dorm. He hands his manager Kyuhyun’s gift.

ChinHo glares at Yesung, “What is this? Something you made to win me over? Not going to work you useless piece of nothing.”

Yesung ignores the comment. He knows his brothers are behind him 100% and his lover behind him 101%. “No. Kyuhyun told me to give this to you. He said Ryeowook wanted to make sure you ate his new creation.”

“Hmph…I suppose I could try Ryeowook’s new creation. His food has always been mouthwatering. I suppose I’ll eat this for lunch.”

Yesung sighs in relief. If his manager eats if for lunch, then Yesung would probably not be around to take the brunt of his manager’s anger. He quickly fastens his seatbelt and mentally prepares for his first schedule, Immortal Song 2.

EPILOGUE

Yesung is confused to see a different manager pick him up from Immortal Song 2 recording. He had noticed his manager had run off after lunch, but became quite busy with his song. From what information he had obtained from the new manager is that ChinHo had eaten lunch, saw something, drove to the company, requested permanent leave, and had quit the job. Puzzled, Yesung wonders how could Kyuhyun’s lunch caused such an extreme reaction.

Later on, he asks Kyuhyun, “So, what was in that lunch you had made?”

“Oh. Just something special. My view on kimchi, a dash of revenge, a sprinkle of threats, and some decoration from Ryeowook. All that makes Kyuhyun’s Lunch of Spite. I can’t give you the recipe.”

Yesung shrugs. He doesn’t really want the recipe anyway. He is touched by Kyuhyun’s gesture. Wherever life takes him, he knows s/brothers will be with him every step of the way.

His lover’s arms snake around him.

“What are you thinking about?”

“Oh nothing.”

“Really?” Leeteuk nuzzles his nose and breathes in Yesung’s unique scent. That heavenly smell.

Yesung closes his eyes and quietly enjoys Leeteuk’s radiating body heat. His warm arms around his waist. His head tucked near his neck. His breath slightly tickling him.

“I love my life.”


Hey guys, sorry that I haven't updated in such a long time! I've been super busy and had a bit of a writer's block. Hehe. Anyway, here is my Thanksgiving gift to you! (even if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving this time of year).

Ahhh!!! This story is finally finished! I'm so proud of it, but I know my writing needs to improve. I know as long as I keep writing, I will improve. Thank you subscribers, silent readers, new readers for reading this story. I hope you have enjoyed it. Feedback is always welcomed. (If it is negative feedback, please be as gentle as possible. Thanks!)

Oh and about Leeteuk and the army. I decided to not put that in there. Honestly, I'm kind of unsettled with Leeteuk and the army right now. And I didn't want my feelings about that to affect it if I had put it in there. So, nothing about it at all. :D