Digging for the Truth

I Hate My Life

Hearing those words from his lover’s mouth, broke Leeteuk’s heart. He tightens his hold around Yesung. He whispers comforting words into Yesung’s ear as Yesung cries his heart out. Questioning his lover right now could not be done. Slowly, Yesung’s sobs quiet down and his body slumps as he falls into a exhausted sleep. Leeteuk does not let go of Yesung. Instead, he dials a number into his cell phone.

A few minutes later, Siwon appears on the rooftop. Ignoring Siwon’s questioning gaze, Leeteuk indicates for Siwon to carry Yesung back to the dorm. Leeteuk leads to open the door and unlock the dorm door. As they enter the dorm door, the rest of Suju look up from the living room. They had gathered there for a team meeting regarding Yesung’s recent depression-like behavior. Siwon immediately heads to Yesung’s room to drop off the exhausted man into the bed. He rejoins Leeteuk in the living room to answer the members’s questions.

Heechul begins, “Teukie, did Jongwoon tell you what really is bothering him? He must have told you, right? He trusts you the most out of any of us.”

Leeteuk gives a sigh, “No…I just held him as he cried. Don’t worry, Heechul. I’ll find the truth. More importantly, you guys have to treat him the exact same way.”

Donghae interrupts, “Shouldn’t we be more careful? If we treat him the same way, he might develop an opinion that we don’t care.”

Leeteuk answers, “No. If we treat him differently, he’ll suspect something is up and will refuse to talk, Even to me.”

The rest of the members agree. The Suju members linger for a while before heading off to various individual activities, majority going to sleep. Leeteuk takes Ryeowook aside.

“Ryeowook, I’m sure Yesung didn’t mean what he said to you.”

“I know, hyung. Yesung-hyung was just stressed.”

“That’s good that you know. Don’t let Kyu take revenge on Yesung, alright?”

“Yes, hyung.”

With that, Leeteuk sneaks into Yesung’s room. Changing into pajamas quickly, Leeteuk smiles his ever-famous dimple smile while watching Yesung sleep. When Leeteuk climbs in next to Yesung, Yesung snuggles closer to Leeteuk’s chest. Leeteuk wraps his arms around Yesung’s body and pulls the blanket over both of them. Closing his tired eyes, Leeteuk drifts off to dreamland.

A whimper wakes Leeteuk from his dream. He blinks as his eyes adjust to the darkness of the bedroom. He gently flips himself over to face the wall. Yesung is still fast asleep on the other side of the bed. Yesung’s shoulder shake. Leeteuk leans in closer to Yesung to hear whimpers and sees tears streaming down Yesung’s closed eyelids. Leeteuk could not fathom why Yesung is crying. Perhaps a nightmare? Leeteuk decides to worry about that later and give some form of comfort to his lover. He wraps his arms around his lover’s shoulders and whispers comforting words in his ear. Yesung continues to whimper. His shaking increases. Frustrated, Leeteuk decides to sing a lullaby to Yesung. He croons the lyrics into his lover’s ear. Instantly, Yesung stops crying and shaking. A peaceful look appears on his face as he falls deeper asleep. Leeteuk finishes the song and closes his heavy eyelids. Someone else can wake up first.

A hand shakes Leeteuk’s  shoulder, and a voice pierces through Leeteuk initial drowsiness. The mild-mannered voice moves up a pitch and repeats the same words. Leeteuk’s eyebrows furrow as he attempts to distinguish who is calling him at such hour and for what reason.

“Leeteuk-hyung! It’s time to wake up. You have a schedule today. And breakfast is ready.”

Leeteuk finally opens his eyes to see Ryeowook bending over him. His arms feel strangely empty.

“I’m up, Wookie. Wait, where is Jongwoon?”

Ryeowook gives a wry smile, “Yesung-hyung is in the shower. He said he didn’t want to wake you up because you looked so peaceful.”

“Thanks for waking me up, Wookie.”

“Umm…Leeteuk-hyung, can I ask a question?”

“Sure!”

“Did you find out why Yesung-hyung is so sad?”

“Not yet, Wookie. But I’ll find out soon. Don’t worry about Yesung. I’m sure it is something that can be easily fixed.”

“I hope so, Leeteuk-hyung.”

MEANWHILE:

Yesung is showering in the bathroom. He inspects his face. The bruise is still there, but it had faded away. No makeup is needed anymore. Only the sharpest eye could see it. Yesung hopes that the members would not see if. If one member did, a big fuss would ensue, and Leeteuk would demand answers.  Yesung’s thoughts drift back to last night. He remembered crying on the rooftop. Then somebody had came. Who was that someone? Oh! That was Leeteuk. His angel had held him as he had cried to his heart’s content. That meant that Leeteuk was going to grill him later on. Perhaps it is time to spill out his worries. Afterall, if not to his family (whom he did not want to worry) than spill everything to his lover who will comfort him and ease his worries. Yesung dresses into some comfortable clothing and hurries out to the dining room.

IN THE DINING ROOM:

Yesung emerges from the hallway to see that most of the members were already seated. The only members missing were Ryeowook and Leeteuk. Wookie is probably waking Leeteuk up. At the dining table, Heechul is chatting with Hankyung. Donhae and Eunhyuk were doing some couple thing. Kangin still looks half-asleep. Kibum and Siwon were discussing the latest drama. Kyuhyun had a gaming console in his hands while muttering some not-so-nice words. Sungmin and Shindong were discussing what Ryeowook might have cooked for breakfast. Hankyung notices Yesung standing awkwardly in the doorway and gestures for him to sit down at the empty seat beside him. Yesung hesitates for a moment. Do the members really care about him? Or are they just acting cause his performance has been on the low the past few days.  Just as he places his in the chair, Ryeowook comes waltzing in from the kitchen with dishes. Leeteuk follows behind with more dishes. Breakfast is served.

AFTER BREAKFAST:

The members disperse to their various schedules. Out of the corner of his eye, Leeteuk spots Yesung quietly slip in his room. Ryeowook nudges him in the ribs. He gives Leeteuk a meaningful stare.

“Hyung, you better go talk to him now. He doesn’t have a schedule today, and I have already talked with the manager-hyungs about your schedule.”

Surprised, Leeteuk replies, “What about my schedule? I’m pretty sure that it is packed full today.”

“Just don’t worry about. The other members will be covering for you. Just go talk to Yesung before he clams up to you. Go.”

With a gentle nudge, Ryeowook pushes Leeteuk in the direction of Yesung’s room. Leeteuk sighs and gives in. He raps twice on the doorway before twisting the door handle.  Once inside, he sees that Yesung is feeding his beloved turtles. Once again, the shades on the windows black out the room. Knowing that if he opened the shades Yesung will revert them back, Leeteuk leaves the room in semi-darkness. His hand inches towards the light switch before Yesung’s voice stops him.

SWITCH POV:

Yesung slips away from the commotion of after-breakfast. He quietly enters his room. His precious turtles were probably hungry right now. He had been neglecting them the past few days due to his inner turmoil. A shark knock penetrates his thoughts, but he continues on with his task. In his peripheral vision, he observes Leeteuk step into the room. His face is one of hesitation. Leeteuk’s hand slinks its way toward the light switch. Yesung is quick to interfere.

“Don’t.”

“Why not? It’s pretty dark in here.”

“Just don’t. I don’t want you seeing my ugly face. Plus, the darkness is a perfect reflection of what I am feeling on the inside.”

“Why do you feel that way?”

Immediately, Yesung snaps his mouth shut into a thin line. He has said too much. Leeteuk is a busy man piled with schedule after schedule. His lover did not need any more stress added onto him.  His lover steps forward.

“Jongwoon…tell me what is wrong. You know you can tell me anything. Especially when something is bothering you. Even if you don’t feel like telling me, you can always talk to the other members. They are more than willing to lend an ear.”

“But they don’t care about me.”

“What do you mean they don’t care about you? Of course the members care about you. This group is a band of brothers!”

“I just think they act like that, but they don’t mean it. The only reason they want me in the group is for my vocal. My looks aren’t that good. My dancing is not amazing. And…”

Leeteuk interrupts, “Don’t think like that! The members care about you. They truly want you to be happy.”

“Really? Do you swear it?”

“I swear. You are letting doubt cloud your mind again. Remember when you came home late and Ryeowook still made dinner for you? Remember when you could not do one particular step and Donghae and Eunhyuk stayed behind to help you? Remember when you lost your turtle and everybody stopped what they were doing to help you find them? The members really care about, Jongwoon. Don’t let anybody else tell you anything different.”

“But…someone told me that you guys don’t care about me. That I was pathetic. A waste of space.”

“Whoever that person was is stupid. They don’t know our band mates as well as I do. I am the leader. And I can guarantee that all the members of Super Junior care about you.”

“Alright.”

A ringtone interrupts their conversation. Yesung digs around his dresser and spots his cell phone. After answering the call, he turns to Leeteuk.

“Sorry, Jungsoo. I’ve got to go. The company car is here to take me to my schedule. We’ll have to continue this conversation later.”

“Alright. We will continue this later. You’ve got promise me you won’t forget, alright?”

With that, Yesung leaves the room. He knows Leeteuk won’t forget or let go of this subject. Well, he was bound to find out sooner or later. He had hoped later. A schedule and then his lover finding out the whole truth?

“I hate my life.”


Woot! Another chapter done. Sorry for the long wait. I think this story might end with one more chapter? Idk. Depends on how this goes.

The couple is Yeteuk!!! I thought about doing Yewon, but I didn't have much Siwon/Yesung interaction in the beginning.

The question I have for you guys is: what should happen to the bad manager ChinHo? Something evil and funny? Something like jail? Or something else?