Ignored

I Hate My Life

Yesung eats quietly as the other Super Junior members dig into the food. Today has been quite busy with filming, practice, and an interview. Yesung has kept to himself for the day. The other members had noticed but had given Yesung room to think. With a sigh, Yesung gets up from the table, rinses his bowl, and heads toward his bedroom.

 Leeteuk notices this, "Yesung, where are you going? Sit down and talk some more."

 Some of the other members curiously glance at Yesung. Yesung mumbles about needing air. He rushes out the door grabbing a jacket along the way. He climbs the stairs to the roof of the building. The night stars glisten in the night. A beautiful night view can be seen. The city's lights shine brightly. Columns of cars line the streets. Yesung breathes in the night air. Thoughts drift in and out his head. No-one had come after him. It is expected. Yesung knew that the group didn't really care about him. On air, it is an intricate play of pretending to care about him, pretending to know about him. At first, Yesung thought they care but lately, they had begun to ignore him. Yesung is merely a bug crawling in the background of Super Junior. A tear drops from his eye. More tears follow, and his whole body shakes as he cries.

 

MEANWHILE:

 

Leeteuk calls a group meeting. The Super Junior members (minus Yesung) gather in the living room of one of the dorms.

"Hey guys. Anybody know what is up with Yesung? He has been quiet all week and pretty distant."

Kibum speaks up, "Well, he confided in me a couple of months ago. He asked me what I thought about his weirdness. I told him that I liked him the way he is and to never change. Then, he asked if I thought he wasn't good for the group. I told him that he was good enough. He seemed to want to tell me more but he left."

Sungmin also speaks up, "He told me once that he felt like we don't even  notice if he is there are not."

Heechul also inputs, "He got scolded by manager-hyung a few days ago. Manager-hyung pulled him into a room and talked to him for a long time. So long that we left him behind. A noona told me that they finally came out 15 minutes afterward. Yesung had red eyes and runny nose. He asked for an ice pack before manager-hyung drove him back to the dorm."

Leeteuk interrupted, "Wait, when was that?"

"After the interview on Monday."

Kangin interrupts, "It is obvious that something is bothering Yesung. The hard part is finding out what. Who wants to talk to him?" Leeteuk offers to talk to Yesung.

 

YESUNG:

 

His sobs quiet and he rubs his eyes. It is time to return to the dorm. Yesung walks down the stairs. He pauses before the dorm door and hopes that the members are already asleep. He opens the door.

His heart drops as he observes that Leeteuk is waiting for him.  "Yesung, what is bothering you? You've been unusually quiet all day. Please tell me what is bothering you".

 "Nothing is bothering me. I'm just stressed out".

"No, you obviously are not alright! You've been crying. I can see your red eyes. Don't deny anything. Now, tell me the truth. What is bothering you?"

"Nothing!"

 Leeteuk gives Yesung a stern look.

Yesung throws his arms up in anger. "Look, hyung. Nothing has been bothering me lately. I've just been stressed out. So I cried a bit. So what?"

"So what? You've been acting distant lately! Brothers tell each other everything. They confide in each other. They tell each other whatever is bothering them. Tell me what is bothering you."

 "Nothing! Now, leave me alone!" With that, Yesung flees the room and into his shared bedroom. Leeteuk sighs. Yesung can be a stubborn turtle. If he could not get answers from Yesung, it was time for him to do some investigating of his own. Meanwhile, Yesung climbs into his bed. Luckily, Ryeowook had not woken up completely when Yesung has slammed the door shut. Ryeowook had only groaned and turned over. Yesung wonders if he can keep his facade up with Leeteuk on his case. It is highly likely that Leeteuk would forget by tomorrow as long as Yesung's performance got better. The only reason Leeteuk even cares is that Yesung's performance has been fluctuating lately. With that thought in mind, Yesung falls asleep.

 

THE NEXT DAY:

 

Yesung wakes up slowly. He glances at his clock. It is 7am. The dorm is oddly quiet. He glances to the other bed to find Ryeowook's bed empty. Yesung remembers that he only has filming for Immortal Song 2 today. He should practice his song some more. He gets out of bed and walks to the kitchen.

A yellow sticky note is on the fridge, "Yesung-hyung, we left for our schedules. You look tired so we didn't wake you up. Sleep in! Food is in the fridge. --Ryeowook."

Yesung smiles at Wookie's thoughtfulness. But, he shakes his head. Ryeowook only left food behind so that Yesung wouldn't faint and further embarrass Super Junior.  Sighing, Yesung finishes the food, cleans up, and heads out the door. Practice for Immortal Song 2 is next.

 

AFTER PRACTICE:

 

Yesung is tired after vocal practice. As he approaches the dorm, he can hear faint laughter and talking. A slight smile appears on his face but fades as he remembers how suspicious Leeteuk was last night. He prays that Leeteuk has forgotten. Yesung opens the door. He slips inside his bedroom. There, he feeds his beloved turtles and talks to them.

"Hello, I haven't talked to you guys in such a long time. Sorry about that. Busy schedule and all. Are you guys getting lonely? Cause I am. Most of the members don't talk to me anymore. I feel lonely. Outcasted from the group. What should I do? It doesn't help that manager-hyung isn't happy with how I do interviews. He says I should tone down the weirdness. How can I do that? It is who I am. I wish you guys could talk back to me. I really need some advice."

Suddenly, a voice breaks through the silence of the room. "Yesung, you are talking to the wrong species."

Startled, Yesung falls on his . He glances behind him to see his roommate Ryeowook.

"W-w-what? How long were you there, Ryeowook?"

"Long enough to hear you speak to your turtles about needing advice. Now, what do you need advice about? You know that you can talk to me or any of the other Hyungs."

 "Ummm...maybe later? I'm hungry and tired right now."

"Alright. Don't chicken out at the last minute. C'mon out to the dining area. There is still plenty of food left. Donghae and Eunhyuk are still at the practice rooms practicing dance. Kibum and Siwon are at a drama shooting. Leeteuk has to be a MC for something. It is just you, me, Shindong, Hankyung, Heechul, Kyuhyun, Sungmin, and Kangin."

"I'll come out later, Wookie. I'm feeling tired."

 "But, hyung! You've haven't spent time with us in foreverrr!"

 "Not now, Wookie!"

Yesung immediately feels bad when Ryeowook recoils as if someone had slapped his face.

"Sorry, Wookie! I’m so sorry! I didn't mean to be so har-"

 Yesung sees tears beginning to form in the corner of Ryeowook's eyes as Ryeowook closes Yesung's door and flees the scene. Yesung sighs. He knows e should run after Ryeowook and fix the misunderstanding but knows that Ryeowook would not listen to Yesung until he calms down.

Yesung groans as he hits his bed. He snuggles into his blankets and mutters something.

 "I hate my life."