Act 2: The Best Friend and The Plan

~Love Act~

Rikku’s POV

I opened my eyes as the rays of the sun shined upon me. When I was about to move, I felt a sting that went through my whole body.

“Eep~!” I flinched.

Sigh~

Great.

Now, I’m gonna be late for the interview. I’m really gonna get it from Yun Ju…

I shivered at the thought. No. I must not be late or else, I’m going to be scolded by Mother for being too lazy to find a way to make money. I forced myself to stand up, but, I ended up crashing on the floor.

Ouch!

I gave up on the thought of walking and instead, I just literally crawled my way to the bathroom. I grabbed the handle for support, and successfully stood up. After that was the usual morning routine.

>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<

 “Rikku! Morning!” Yun Ju, my best friend, waved as I walked out of the bus.

“Yun Ju. Morning.” I smiled, although my body still hurts, because I don’t want Yun Ju to worry, but unfortunately, she saw right through me.

She narrowed her eyes at me.

“Rikku, don’t tell she’s at it again.”

 Her voice was dangerously serious. I lowered my head. There’s no use in denying it. Yun Ju will never stop until she gets the truth. She sighed sharply and placed her hand on my shoulder.

“I can’t take this anymore. I’m going to free you from that vicious monster you call mother.”

“H-How?” I asked.

I love my mother, but I won’t be able to give her the money she wants if she’ll keep on abusing me. I’ve got to find a safer way. For her and my good.

“You want to act, right?”

I nodded.

“Then, use that.”

Now, I was confused.

“What do you mean?”

“In my school, New High University, there’s a scholarship in which a student with skills in acting, singing, or dancing can apply. This scholarship is very special. Only this kind pays for the finances of the student and it still gives allowance. And the school also has dormitories. So, you can have a peaceful sleep, away from your abusive mother. Great plan, right?” She grinned.

My eyes lightened up. I quickly hugged her and kept on thanking her.

“Thank you, Yun Ju! I love you so much! You’re the best!” I squealed.

She just giggled in reply. “I already know that.”

>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<

“Hmm…. So you’re saying that you’re going to apply there?”Mother crossed her arms as she sat on the sofa.

I nodded in reply.

“Well? What can it give to us?”

“The school will pay for all our finances and will also give allowance for the both of us.” I explained.

Her eyes widened in surprise, but they returned back to their normal shortly after.

Surprisingly, after the explanation, she smiled.

“Well then. We better eat now so you can sleep early, or else you’ll be late for the school interview tomorrow.”

I was shocked, but I still managed to nod.

After that, for once after the death of Father, I slept peacefully in my Mother’s arms.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Yo! Back with the second chappie! Didn't expect for us to update so fast, eh? Well, as we've said before, even just one clink on the "Subscribe to Story" or a simple comment can give us a boost. So, don't be shy, and comment!

Note: For silent readers, at least try to subscribe to our story, since we already know that you won't be giving a comment.

 Pweash~❤