Act 1: The Evil Mother

~Love Act~

Rikku's POV

"Rikku! Come down this instant!" My mother's voice was heard throughout the house, maybe even throughout the neighborhood, considering the anger in the tone.

"Yes, Mother!"

I replied as I rushed down the stairs. When I reached the living room, I saw her, slumped on the side of the sofa, drunk. 

"Mother!" I gasped as I hurriedly help her sit on the sofa.

I went to the kitchen and fetched her some water. I also took a towel on the way just in case.

"Mother, here. Drink some water first." 

I offered the drink and she abruptly snatched the glass and drank the water hungrily. She saw the towel I was holding and took it harshly as well. She wiped her wet neck because of the water from earlier.  

"Give me more water and make it quick!" She demanded.

​I just did exactly what I was told to do and returned to the living room. But, when I returned, she wasn't sitting on the sofa anymore. She was already standing near it, with a leather belt on one hand while the other is on the sofa for support.

I tried my best to ignore the belt and went to her to give the glass of water that she asked. To my surprise, she just slowly took it. But, when she tighten the grip, I immediately regretted thinking about that.

'Splash!'

Water droplets dripped down my face. I stood there, frozen, not knowing on how to react.

Don’t get me wrong, though, because this isn’t the first time this happened.

It’s just that, even though this had happened numerous times before, I just can’t get used to it.

Every time, I would feel weak. Every time, I would feel helpless. Every time, it would hurt. Every time, I would break down and cry.

Sigh~.

“You… You killed him, you brat!” She screamed. Here we go again. It’s exactly the same routine every time. And right after this is either a punch in the face or a-

‘Slap!’

…slap.

I placed my hand on my red cheek shakily. I knew it. I’ve always known the feeling. It would hurt. And then, tears started to flow.

“Oh, so now you’re the one crying?! You dare think that you have the right to cry?! Huh?!” She pulled my hair and pushed me to the side. “You’re crying when you’re the one who killed him?!” She kicked me hard on the stomach, causing me to whimper in pain.

"Mom! Please! Stop!" I choked on my words.

She grumbled angrily and walked out of the room. Upon hearing the slam of the door, I slowly tried to stand and walk back to my room. After some struggling, I finally reached the door. I twisted the handle and went straight to bed.

Thankfully, I was in my pajamas, so I don't need to hold my weight any longer. I just have to close my eyes and I will be in dreamland, finally free from pain....

___________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Hi~! First chapter, updated! Do you like it? Please COMMENT below and let me know. FEEDBACKS are quite needed, too. Also, subscribe and you'll have a REWARD: A NEW UPDATE ASAP! Just click on the "Subscribe to Story" and your reward will come soon! By the way, We've been thinking about the name that we will call to our subbies. If anyone has a suggestion, don't be shy and tell us. ^^ We don't bite. Kekeke... Well, anyways...

Edeline: Ta-Ta~! >3<

Edelene:Ba-Bye~! X3