Preperations

One Year Later

 

“I’m sorry, Minho.” Dara said as she moved away from the hulky man. He had an expression of depression missed with betrayal on his face. “It’s just that I don’t think we’re for. We wouldn’t have lasted anyways.”

Minho let out a bitter chuckle. “Now you tell me.”

“I’m sorry.”

“So I’m also going to get dumped like all your others? Nice. Nice, Dara.”

“Look, I said I’m sorry. And this is something I’ve never said to anyone while breaking up, Minho. Can’t you  take the hint that I still want to be friends with you?” Dara said, sounding almost exasperated.

Minho blinked twice at Dara. Then laughed. “I’ve heard that dialogue so many times that I can’t believe it Dara.”

“Aren’t you supposed to believe it if you hear it many times?”

“Not if you’re the one who says it.”

“Argh, Minho!”

Minho rolled his eyes. “Fine. Then get me a girlfriend.”

Dara smiled. Even though she dated Minho, and she knew she’d break up with him at some point, Minho was a friend she never wanted to lose.  “I thought you’d never ask.”

All of a sudden, Minho began feeling scared. Once those words were out of Dara’s mouth, he began feeling extremely scared. As if Dara was up to something.

“See, there’s this high school graduation party tonight night. Chaerin and Minzy are graduating. Along with some other juniors we had in high school. Who knows, maybe you’ll meet someone.” Dara said.

“High school girls? Hell no.” Minho said at once. There was nothing in the world that he loathed more than annoying high school girls.

“Bom, Hanbyul and I are also going to be there. That means Dongwook would also be there. I remember Bom saying that Seunghyun invited Hyunjoong too.” Dara continued, ignoring Minho. “You can bring Kim Bum and Il Woo if you want.”

“Dara, I don’t want to freaking date a high school girl.”

“They graduated.”

“Only just!”

“Others will also be there, Minho!”

Minho and Dara were, by then, engaged in a staring competition. Glaring competition.

“Fine.” Minho gave in. “But there better be some good ones.”

“There will be, gosh, just listen, would you.” Dara said. “And I need a favor. One last date before we break up.”

Minho gave her a look. “You want me to be your date to the party?”

“C’mon, Minho! Everyone knows you as my best friend and boyfriend. So, it wouldn’t hurt. We’d both get our rebounds from the party. It’s a win-win.” Dara said.

Minho gave her another look. Then sighed. “Why do I always give in to you?”

.

“Chae, pull that one over there!” Jiyong heard Daesung instruct Chaerin as he walked out of his room and into the large living room.

“Morning, Jiyong. Did you bathe?” Seunghyun asked, as he saw his best friend walking towards them yawning. Jiyong nodded sleepily.

“Your fly is open.” Yongbae told him as he passed Seunghyun and Jiyong towards Seungri and Minzy who were doing something with the fan.

Jiyong looked down and then zipped his fly up. “Gosh, she was so terrible.” He shivered.

“Really? She looked extremely pretty.” Seunghyun said.

“Well, she looks pretty, she’s terrible in bed.” Jiyong said.

“Everyone is terrible in bed for you these days.” Chaerin commented from the top of the ladder she was on. “Are you sure your just not missing Dara unnie?”

“Dara and I were never even in bed, that’s completely irrelevant.”

“It’s completely relevant if you moan Dara, Dara in your sleep.” Seungri said.

“I do not, you little rat.” Jiyong growled, glaring at Seungri.

“Whether you do or not is not important.” Yongbae mumbled. He had only lasted with Dara for three weeks and bang! It ended just like that. It wasn’t that which made him feel so bad. It was the fact that he had dated Dara while Jiyong was still not over her. Even though they were able to laugh about it, Yongbae wasn’t able to get over the guilt of it.

“And she comes here almost every day, so why should I miss her?” Jiyong interrupted. “Let’s just get the decorating over with.”

“Remind me again, why we’re doing this here? Couldn’t we have just gotten some club or something?” Seunghyun asked.

“Because Jiyong oppa’s house is bigger than most clubs. And everyone in school wants to come over.” Minzy said.

“Yeah. Everyone.” Jiyong drawled.

He certainly did like the idea of having everyone in their school over. Not.

.

“Think red will suit me?” Dara asked as she modeled herself in front of a mirror, wearing a pink floor-length dress, but putting a red dress against herself. “I like this pink one too.” she said, removing the red one.

“Don’t ask for my opinion. When I bought you dress and shoes, you just throw them in the dustbin.” Minho said, grumpily. Dara just laughed.

“Hanbyul-ah! What do you think?” Dara asked.

“Black.” Hanbyul said at once. “I think I should wear black.”

Dara rolled her eyes. “Not you, me. I don’t have to try too hard to impress anyone, it’s just high school boys.”

“And we all know that you have hots for younger boys.” Bom voiced, appearing from the doorway of Dara’s bathroom. She was wearing an elegant gown with a low V-neckline on the sleeveless sequin bodice and a flattering empire waist. It was V-neck sleeveless navy colored one with a sophisticated style to it. She looked as if she was floating.

“Wow. Just wow.” Hanbyul smiled at the taller girl.

“Is it okay? Seunhyun said he’s wearing navy.” Bom said, adjusting herself.

“You look beautiful, Bommie, and you know it. Seunghyunnie, baby boy, prepare for a shock.” Dara grinned and flashed her best friend a thumbs up.

“Thanks, D.” Bom returned a smile. “So, I’m finalizing this, okay?”

“Go for it!” Both Hanbyul and Dara said at once.

“Why are you even attending this party, anyway? It’s not your graduation.” Minho said. “Bom, you look great.” He quickly added after getting a glare from Bom.

“Bommie’s loving Seunghyun will be there for one thing.” Hanbyul said.

“And our loving Minkki and Chae. It’s something we can’t miss out!” Dara said.

Minho merely rolled his eyes.

“Hanbyullie, have you decided on a dress?” Bom asked.

“V-neck or asymmetrical, one-shoulder beaded strap?” Hanbyul asked, holding up two dresses. “The V-neck is way more ier, but I really love the beaded details in the one-shoulder.”

“V-neck.” Bom and Dara echoed. “The open back and cups, girl.” Dara added.

“While you discuss the clothing talk, I’ll just go excuse myself.” Minho mumbled and got up from Dara’s bed as Hanbyul shot towards the bathroom to change.

“B-But you have to tell us what you think!” Dara wailed.

“You all look great in whatever you wear, there’s a reason you guys are called the Goddesses.” Minho said, snappily and hurried out of the room.

“Wow, he’s in a grumpy mood.” Bom commented.

Dara sighed. “He’s been like that ever since he agreed to the party. I just wish he’d lighten up. It’s not plain tortue.”

“For a college guy to go to a high school graduation party is a shame.” Bom said. “Dongwook is one good example. It’s a miracle Hanbyul managed to convice him to go with her. Thank his relationship with the boys.”

Dara rolled her eyes and showed Bom the two dresses, three including what she was wearing. “Which one?”

Bom thought for a while. “None.” She said and walked over to Dara’s walk-in closet.

At that moment, Hanbyul came out of the bathroom wearing the dress of her choice. A stunning long beaded gown in black that didn’t, at all, make her sacrifice elegance for a y sensual style. Beaded accents, sheer side panels and a low cut V-neckline only added more and more glamour to her gorgeous dress.

“So?” she questioned.

“Perfect.” Dara grinned and one arm hugged Hanbyul.

Soon, Bom came out with the dress she had chosen for Dara and pushed her into the bathroom with it.  “Hurry up!” She called from behind Dara.

It took her a while but soon enough, Dara came out wearing her ‘perfect’ dress for the party. She was wearing a stunning gown featuring a ruched strapless bodice and a short skirt with layers of long ruffles cascading down the back. A strapless short dress that was chic, fun and flirty, all at the same time. Not to mention, pink - Dara’s favorite color!

“It’s pink!” Hanbyul squealed. “Oh, D, it’s faultless! Just look at that ruched bodice!”

Dara frowned and looked down at herself. “I’m not sure.”

We are sure! You’ll swipe Jiyong off of his feet!” as soon as the words escaped , Bom felt Hanbyul’s sharp fingernails pinch her skin.

Dara looked at them icily. “I. Am. Over. Kwon Jiyong.”

Hanbyul rolled her eyes. “Oh, please D. You are so not over Ji. And even though I know that it’s a bad topic for you, shouldn’t you admit the fact at the very least?”

“I said-”

“We heard what you said. And we know it’s not what you feel, darl.”

Dara sighed and fell backwards onto her bed with her arms spread. “I can’t help it. I have no idea why I broke up with him. I miss him.”

Bom could only stare. Hanbyul nodded, sympathetically.

“It feels like I’ve dreamed for a long time…”

.

Jiyong shrugged the coat of his tuxedo on, while observing himself in the mirror. He felt…missing. His tux was white and he had worn it with a pink tie and a pink rose.

Pink, pink, pink.

All pink.

And pink reminded him so much of her.

“You okay there, Jiyong?” Seunghyun asked, fixing the black tie he wore with his navy blue suit. “You don’t seem too up to partying.”

“Why am I wearing pink? Who’s idea was this?” Jiyong asked, sounding as frustrated as he could. He wasn’t frustrated at all, he was happy that in a way he could still be said hers. But he knew he wasn’t hers and if being frustrated helped getting the fact out of his mind then call him frustrated.

“It was all your idea.” Yongbae said. “Don’t take it out on us that you miss noona.”

“I don-

“Bullting at its best.” Seunghyun mumbled.

We were ones who saw how you looked when I asked her out, not you. Stop pretending Jiyong. It’s written across your face.” Yongbae scowled.

Jiyong looked away and sighed.

“I’ve lived and tried to forget for a long time…”

 

 i tried so hard to find a dress that screamed "DARA" and epicly failed.

though, i really like the dress. tee hee.

the last chap will be coming in soon! wait for it!