Five

Funny How We Meet Again

"Hey... It's okay," Wu Fan said soothingly, looking very out of place and troubled.

 
That just made me bawl my eyes out more. Wu Fan was being so nice, while I on the other hand... This man was even trying to comfort me.
 
I sobbed louder and louder unconsciously, and Wu Fan just stood there towering over me and awkwardly putting his hands in his pockets. I noticed that he took one step back away from me.
 
"I'm sorry!" I sobbed, "I'm so, so sorry!" 
 
Wu Fan raised both his hands up in desperation, "It's really okay! You only spilled a little porridge on me anyway." 
 
I raised my head up from my hands to glance at him, flinching when I saw a huge wet stain on his white T-Shirt. The stain covered most of his shirt. I had spilled a whole pot of porridge on him. It was so noticeable, and he must feel very uncomfortable at the moment. Because of the way I'm acting and his wet shirt.
 
I willed myself to stop crying and wiped away my tears with the back of my hands quickly. 
 
"Come wit-" I hiccuped embarrassingly, making me blush even more. "With me." 
 
 Wu Fan nodded hesitantly like a little child and followed me into my bedroom, where I gently passed a large hoodie to him. All of my hoodies were large, so they all can fit him nicely. I liked baggy hoodies. 
 
"Ju-" I paused once I reach my room's door, "Just change here, and come out after you've finished changing. I'll give you a plastic bag to take your- um- wet shirt home."
 
--
 
I sat on one of my armchairs into the living room once I came out. I placed a hand on my forehead, unable to believe how embarrassing I've been.
 
Why did I have to get so nervous in delivering the porridge to him that my fingers shook? If my fingers hadn't shook, then the pot wouldn't of fell straight onto him. 
 
Why did I cry? To save face, I should've acted calmly and helped him get the hot icky liquid off him. Yet I just burst into tears out of frustration.  
 
"Oh my god." I whispered, wanting to slap myself for how much of a fool I had been, "Oh my god."
 
Some one coughed behind me awkwardly, and I stood up and turned around quickly to see Wu Fan fitted perfectly into the hoodie I gave him. That lifted up my spirits a bit. 
 
He had his wet shirt in one hand and I gave him a plastic bag laying by the sofa. 
 
"Thank you... For the night." Wu Fan began, I knew that this was probably his good bye speech. "I don't know where I'll be now if you hadn't picked me up." 
 
I chuckled and brushed it off, "No big deal." 
 
Wu Fan finally smiled and I walked towards the door to open it for him, he followed me.
 
As he was out the door and I was about to close it though, I accidentally blurted out one of my inner thoughts. 
 
"You know you can always call me if you want to drink!"