Just Like Before

Funny How We Meet Again

I just stood there, unable to utter a word for a moment. It really has been a while.

I didn't know what to say. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know how to reply. 

In fact, I didn't even know why I was so panic stricken.

Maybe it was because he still had my number, I was pretty sure he deleted me after our messy break up. Maybe. 

But then I wasn't surprised by his voice. No, I'm embarrassed but over the years I had spent hours singing along to exo m's, the band he's in, songs.

Heck, I can probably sing all his parts in all his songs. Even though we had lost contact for a considerable amount of time, I had never forgotten about the sound of his voice. 

Quickly trying to pick myself up, and trying to hide my panic and confusion, I opened my mouth to speak. But somehow no words came out. 

What was there to say anyway?

The room was so quiet I can hear my clock's peaceful 'tick tocks.' It calmed me down, somehow.

I quickly swallowed the lump in my throat when I suddenly became alert of how much time I was losing. Here I was, still foolishly counting the tick tocks of a clock when someone I missed very much was calling me. I was frustated. I didn't want him to cut the call. I don't know why but I didnt want him to leave.

A lump built up in my throat once again when memories of our last fight came into my mind. How can I face him when I had said so many harsh things to him the last time we spoke? 

Swallowing the lump in my throat once again, I gathered some courage and convinced myself to speak. I can still hear his shallow breathing.

Damnit Wu Fan, why are you making me so self conscious of my words? 

"Wu-Wu Fan?" I stuttered.

Then the call ended. He had hung up on me.

And like so many times before, he left me standing alone frozen with a unconnected phone next to my ear.