Lies

Hurt

/1/

Luhan sighed with full of annoyance. He rubbed both of his hands. The little hands almost froze even though they had been wrapped with gloves. It was nearly two hours he had been waiting that boy here, in the city park, far away from the crowd. Imagine, the weather was very cold and snowy, surely made him suffered a lot.

 

The pretty boy nervously glanced at his cell phone. Then with cold trembling fingers he opened a contact list on his cell phone, looking for a name that he wanted to call, the person that he had been waiting for since two hours ago.

 

"Sorry, the number you are calling is out of range."


"YA! Oh Sehun! What are you doing actually? You want to make me die of cold, huh?" Luhan cursed, throwing his cell phone to the ground as his emotions were increasing. He sighed again, trying to control himself. Then he picked up his cell phone that was lying hopelessly on the ground, but the cell phone could not be although he had tried a lot of ways. Maybe it broke because of what happened earlier.

 

"Aargh! How can I be so unlucky today!” he shouted, putting the cell phone into his pocket roughly and walked away. Tears started running down from both of his eyes. Damn! He thought tonight would be a very happy Christmas Eve. Because not like the year before, tonight he could celebrate it with his ​​lover, Oh Sehun.

 

He had imagined how happy he would be when walking around the city of Seoul with Sehun on the sidelines of the snow. Hands clasped each other, sharing the warmth... He even had been ready from the morning. He wanted to look perfect and be a perfect lover for Sehun, a handsome boy who six months ago asked him to become his boyfriend. But what? WHAT? Two hours he had been waiting, and Sehun didn’t come. Did not even let him know why!

 

The younger was always like this! He was very cold, even practically didn’t care about Luhan. Rarely called, often unilaterally canceled appointments, like he had no time. He was more concerned with football club or his teammates on the basketball club than his boyfriend.

 

Luhan was miserable. But he did not have enough courage to express his discomfort over Sehun. Maybe  he was afraid. Scared of the boy that  four years younger than him. Afraid that if he were angry at Sehun, the handsome boy would leave him. Dumped him, forgot him, ignored him. Luhan could just be patient, accepting all the treatment that Sehun gave to him. Could only curse Sehun’s behavior silently. Could only cry without sound, without nobody knew.

 

The Chinese boy quickened his pace, walking down the streets that filled with shops. Everywhere many couples were walking together, looking so happy and affectionate. Luhan bit his lips, he really wanted to scream, wanted to say that he was jealous. Yes, JEALOUS! It wasn’t that Sehun never held his hands or hugged him before, no.. Sehun DID those, but just when he wanted to. He even could hug and kiss Luhan in public, and the pretty boy just couldn’t refuse. No, he never could resist whatever Sehun wanted, although it was very crazy.

 

But if Sehun was being upset? For example, when he lost a game or got bad scores in school, he ALWAYS threw his anger away at Luhan. Not just verbal abuse, punch and kick were often lodged in Luhan’s face and body. As if the older boy wasn’t his boyfriend, but just Sehun’s trash can. Where he could unleash his anger and disappointment, and in the end he would hurt Luhan. Not just once or twice, but often. And Luhan could do nothing but silence, holding all the pain that he accepted from his boyfriend by himself.

 

Luhan paused, his breath became unstable because of tiredness. He looked around. Accidentally his view caught the phone box not far from where he stood. He entered that small telephone box, looking for some coins from his pocket. Then he put the coin directly into the hole at the phone, and with trembling fingers he called Sehun’s phone number.

 

"Answer me, jebal."

Luhan bit his dry cold lips.

"Yoboseyo," a deep voice that sounded familiar answered. Luhan jerked.

Finally, you answer my call! Where have you been! I almost freeze to death waiting for you, you little jerk!

"Sehun-ah, why do you just answer?" But just those words came out from the tiny lips of Luhan. Of course he could not curse Sehun though he wanted to.

"Ah, mianhae, hyung. I have additional training in football club. Final game is next month, so even though Christmas Eve we also have to practice. You know I have to win, right?"

"So that’s it," Luhan tried to control his voice. "Why did not you tell me earlier?"

"I forgot. Oh yes, we have an appointment today, huh? Mianhae, we can change it next time, can’t we? Is it alright?"

Forgot, you said? Luhan cried silently.

"Oh never mind. Gwenchana," Luhan answered softly.

"Good boy."

 

Then silence. Luhan leaned his little body to the glass box of public phone, he just wanted to end the conversation when his eyes suddenly caught a boy figure. A boy who was standing in front of a jewelry store across the street. A boy with a cell phone attached to his ear. A boy who was answering his call. Right across from the telephone box. Luhan could see him clearly. Oh Sehun.

 

Why he is here? Then how about the training that he's talking?

 

"Sehun-ah, where are you right now?" Luhan said quietly, he could hear his own voice trembled.

"In school, waeyo?"

"In school, yeah..." Luhan turned again toward the taller figure across the street.

Why did he lie?

"Luhan hyung."

"Ne?" his eyes were still staring at Sehun’s figure out of the telephone box.

"I have to practice. May I hang up?”

"Ne. Practice diligently, Sehun-ah... "

 

Then Sehun hung up. Luhan breathed slowly, while continuing to pay attention to the boy across the street. Suddenly a pretty-looking woman out of a jewelry store, walking toward Sehun. And … Sehun embraced her!


Luhan gulped. Who is that woman? And why does Sehun embrace her?


Sehun ed his face, and... kissed her. Even though Sehun was across the street and Luhan’s view was blocked by the snow that covered the glass box, he could see Sehun’s face which was smiling when he did that.

           

And Luhan cried.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh My Gawd you guys are really kind! Thanks for subscribing even before the first chapter out.

I know I'm with grammar O_O <-- D.O face

I'll try to improve my English and writing skill in the next chapters, I promise!

Don't forget to leave comments, your comments totally made my day :D

Love,

Misa Hwang