Too Late

Broken Melody

 

Angst

Neorago (It’s you) – Super Junior

[No set character]

 

From the moment I set my eyes on you, I decided. It was going to be you – and you only. The way that you acted around me made me believe that you felt the same way for me too. However, that was probably what made me scared of you. Treasuring you was hard enough already, but coping with all the weird gazes that surrounded us daily was just a bit too much. You didn’t seem to care at all. Your feelings seemed too direct, too much like a fluke or a lie to be true. The way that you ignored the gazes made me feel uneasy. I started escaping from reality – I started running away from you. I was afraid. That was all. Time moved on as the distance between us gradually got larger. We all found the right path to walk down, but you went separate ways from me. As much as I tried to make myself forget, nothing would work. The women would just leave my side once they found that I had no commitment. Of course I had no commitment. I gave it all to you whole-heartedly without expecting something in return.

But it’s all too late.

I had given up our love, our hope and everything that we shared. I had forcefully torn it apart without realizing the consequences. You’re no longer mine.


And now, here I am. At death’s door. I glanced at your face that was smeared with melancholy and sadness. I could tell that no one could run away from the wraths of aging – including you. Tears ran down your face as your hands clamped onto mine, your face buried into the white bed sheets that I lied on. I tried to apologize, but my lips seemed to defy my will and were reluctant to move. However, you looked at me, and nodded as if you understood. Perhaps it was the emotions that were overflowing from my eyes that made you understand. We both knew that it was too late for us to make any changes. We could only accept what was going to happen.

Gathering up the last remaining pieces of courage and strength, I forced a smile onto my face, much to your surprise. My lips seemed to finally obey me as they knew I had no time left, and I would regret everything if I didn’t say it now.

I love you.

I couldn’t quite hear my words, but by the look on your face, I’m sure that the message got through. I started to lose my vision, followed by every other sense. My system was shutting down. But I was glad that I told you before I left. Maybe if I hadn’t been such a coward, we would have lived our happy ending together.

But I’ve ruined it all. And now, you’re all alone.

If I had the chance to, I’ll change the story. We’ll write our happy ending together, and live it to its fullest.

 

A/N: Ok, that turned out to be more of a short story than a drabble considering the length (500 and something words). Towards the end of the...er...short story, I had a different song in mind and couldn't help but put that in for the ending as well. For those who know (or have picked up traces of), the last bit resembled the song 'Tong Hua/ Fairy Tale" by Guang Liang. It was quite a shock for me, since I haven't heard that song in a while and it certainly isn't on my phone. 

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed that. My phone is full of mainly Japanese songs (most of the Korean ones are gone), so be expected to see song names and bands that you've never heard of, haha.

Edit: A new feature that I added is the 'Character' section when introducing the drabble/short story. Sometimes I will write who the main character is (the story will then usually be written in his POV) However, if it says 'no set character', then you can allow your imagination to run wild. There is no restriction. You are allowed to think that the main character is Jonghyun, Minho, Key, Onew, Taemin, Hongki, Kyuhyun - any one out there can fit under the qualifications.