Chapter One

Catch Me If You Can


Sometimes to catch a criminal, you don't have to think like one.



"Damn it!!"  
A brunette haired man hissed as he ran into a tall fence, slamming his hands angrily against the metal.
He was slightly out of breath.
They were close behind and sure to catch him. He had the all important package right there in his pocket and the screeches of police sirens weren't helping him to think. 
He'd never even been close to getting caught before, this was his game and he won every time. He wasn't about to lose now.
He had to find a way out, he looked up the fence. Not only was it too high, but it had electric barbed wire ringing sinisterly around the top. He had no chance of getting over it.
"!" He exclaimed as he kicked the wall next to him, running his hands through his curly hair, his eyes followed up the wall until they stopped at an air vent. He bit his lip. It was risky, he thought, but it wasn't like he had any other choice. Time was ticking.
It was either this or prison and he really didn't like the sound of prison.
Removing the vent lid carefully, he discovered he would in fact fit. He climbed in trying to make as little noise as possible, they couldn't be far away now. When he was safely inside the vent, he leant down, retrieved the lid and adjusted it back to it's original position. 
He started to crawl down the small vent tunnel, when he stopped upon hearing voices.
"That damn bastard!" he listened to who he knew to be a high ranking officer spit out in frustration.
He heard more voices, sounds of people rushing and what he thought sounded like a disheartened siren.
He chuckled as he turned a corner, he had gotten away once again.
The un-catchable Cho Kyuhyun!


***


Officer Park Jungsu sat in a small corner coffee shop. He'd had a quiet morning, spent mostly sorting through paperwork. Hell there was a lot of it at the moment. His fellow officers were all out on an important case, the Cho case. Or 'Cho Chase' as he liked to call it. Laughing out loud to himself, he gained a few strange stares from nearby customers. 
What's their problem? he thought for a second before his chain of thoughts returned back to the Cho chase. He was as important as all the officers working on that case, he reassured himself. His superiors just wanted him free for other cases, you never knew what could come up. 
He sighed, before smiling to no one in particular. Picking up his coffee, he had the sudden realization that he had forgotten to pick up a cup sleeve. Thus resulting in him shrieking as he dropped his hot cup, spilling it all over himself, the table and the floor. 
"Oh !" he shouted, scrambling clumsily to his feet.


***


Kyuhyun was well away, in a new set of clothes and a rather stylish pair of sunglasses.
After all that running, he decided what he needed was a hot, steamy mug of coffee. Walking past four busy coffee shops, he almost gave up in finding one suitable before he turned a corner and saw a little quiet looking one right there. He walked in through the doors, taking off the shades as he entered, wind chimes tinkling softly as the door opened. He joined the queue, scanning the room for anyone who may know him. Whilst waiting for his order, he spotted a light haired man spill his coffee everywhere. Kyuhyun then watched him shout out a variation of swear words as he attempted to hopelessly mop up the mess with numerous napkins.
This guy was amusing. He was all worked up over something as little as a split drink. He smirked at the man as he sulkily approached the counter again, the man too overcome by the loss of his midday coffee to notice the smirk.
As he walked past, Kyuhyun's breathe caught in his throat. 
The words 'POLICE' in bold letters across the back of the man's T shirt. 
He didn't wait for his coffee, he slowly made his way outside before calmly walking in a random direction. He didn't run, that would have caused attention. As he walked away from the store he thought about how a guy that clumsy could even possibly be a cop. 


***


Jungsu picked up the coffee waiting in front of him. His face screwed up like a child's after sniffing it, it definitely wasn't his order.
Noticing his reaction the girl at the till informed him that it was the man previously queueing before him.
The man had only just left, Jungsu calculated. He could probably catch him. Plus, he was meeting another officer back at his car soon. Grabbing the two coffees, he exited to coffee shop.
He looked through the crowd and spotted the man not too far in front, he started jogging to catch up.
"Hey! Excuse me!" He called out.
The man turned around, looked slightly alarmed, then sped up. 
That's strange, Jungsu noticed, pushing through the crowd to get nearer.
The man was beginning to run, so he followed suit. 
All he wanted to do was explain that he wasn't trying to scare him, that he only wanted to give him his coffee which he'd forgotten and which was now coincidentally spilling onto the ground with every step Jungsu took to catch up.
Finally, he was right behind the man. 
"Please! Stop! I just ha-" 
He couldn't even finish his pleading sentence before he'd tripped over a slight bump in the side walk. He toppled forward, both cups flying out of his hands, taking down the stranger clumsily.


***


Maybe he's not as dull as he looks after all, Kyuhyun thought as he hit the ground. 
"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to knock you down, or scare you or chase you down the street. Only you forgot your coffee at the store and I just thought since you paid for it, you might as well have it" The officer apologised, still on top of him.
Is he serious? He STILL doesn't know who I am, Kyuhyun thought in disbelief. 
"Err, it's fine. Don't worry about it" he said whilst gazing slightly to the empty cups and the mess they'd caused on the ground next to them. 
Suddenly, a tall, dark, classically handsome looking man walked into his view. 
"Well done Leeteuk!" the dark haired man declared, slightly surprised to the clumsy officer, who looked up in confusion.
"For catching the un-catchable. I can't believe you got him. This has got to mean a promotion. No more desk jobs for you" he carried on, smiling whilst handing over a pair of handcuffs.
"Uh, yeah. Thanks Siwon" Leeteuk answered, taking the handcuffs, still not aware of the situation.
It was no good Kyuhyun trying to run.
"Cho Kyuhyun! How does it feel to finally be caught?" the officer named Siwon questioned proudly.
Kyuhyun scowled back at him, not offering any other answer. 
At the same time noticing the officer Leeteuk's eyes go wide at the mention of his name, as it finally dawned on him what was going on. The officer quickly, nervously put the handcuffs on to him.
Kyuhyun chuckled slightly at the abnormality of the situation.
He'd been caught by someone accidentally.

"I wouldn't laugh Cho! You're time is over!" Siwon stated sternly as he lead Kyuhyun to the car.
Leeteuk trailing cautiously behind.

 

-

 

A/N: Okay, so it's really short and is a mess :/ I'm really sleepy proof reading this. But I'll try to update very soon ^^