Chapter 20

My Present's Past

( you 's POV ) 

 

When we arrived in the mansion, Junhyung told me to rest and that he'll talk to the duke that we arrived. I'm so happy when I saw Lia waiting at the entrance, she accompanied me in my room usual.

 

"How's your vacation?" she asked.

"Well..uhmmhm... it's fine." I answered shyly.

"Fine or great? What happen? I'm so excited to hear, you " she giggled.

"Uhhmh....how will I say this.. uhh..."

 

I cannot pronounce the words. I'm so shy and at the same time kinda feel embarrased. Lia is still waiting with her sparkly eyes and she is so excited to hear it.

 

"F-first k-kiss." I whispered.

"First kiss?!!!" she shouted.

"Shh! Hey, don't shout. someone might here you."

"I just cannot control my emotion sorry... you you are the luckiest person ever." then she hugged me. "Congratulation!!"

"Wait, What? For what?"

"Because Junhyung is inlove with you! Can't you see or feel it? He likes you, you ! Do you like him too?"

"Lia, I c-can't, you know that."

 

I must not fall to Junhyung... because I'm not Suzy. I'm you . I'm just a stranger who doesn't know why she's here in these world and until when will I stay here. And I'm afraid that there's a time that will come when I don't want to go back anymore. I'm really afraid... That's why if I still can hold or control my feeling to Junhyung. I'll control it.

 

"Do you remember, Lia, why I'm here? I just pretend to be Suzy. right? If the duke caught us. It will be the end."

"But..." she gave me a sad face and sighed.

 

Then I told Lia that I need to take a nap because I'm really tired. But that not really the reason. I just want to avoid the topic about Junhyung.

 

That evening:

( you 's POV )

 

When I woke up that evening I saw a note at my table.

 

Dear  Suzy,

Can you meet me at the rose garden after dinner? I'll wait you in front of the fountain and please wear a coat,

It's cold outside.

 

-Junhyung

 

Omo~ Why do he want me to meet him all of a sudden?  After dinner I immediately went to my closet and put a light knit coat over my white plain dress. I almost forgot to brush my hair. I fixed my hair and put some powder on my face.

 

"There, Is this okay?" Asking the mirror.

 

I think it is fine. I went downstairs quietly so that no one will notice me. I passed through the back door that Lia told me is a shortcut way to the rose garden. The door creaks as i open it and the cold breeze touches my warm skin. Brrr.... so cold. I pull the collar of my coat up around my ears. As I passed through the stone path I saw Junhyung in front of the fountain.

 

"Junhyung!" I shouted.

 

When he turned around he gave me a smile. Not the creepy one.. A sweet smile that made my heartbeat beats fastly. I've never seen Junhyung smile like that before.

 

"You are late, I almost thought you are not going."

"Sorry, Junhyung."

"It's fine. Can we now have some walk?" He asked.

 

I nodded. Suprisingly, Junhyung hook his arm in mine and we began to walk through the stone path quietly. I can sense that there's something Junhyung want to say. As we near on the pond he stop walking and takes my hand. My hands are so cold but his palm are smooth and moist over them.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

( Junhyung's POV )

As we walk through the path I could feel that she's freezing. I'm just waiting for the right time to talk. As we walk near the pond I stopped and hold her hands. It's so cold.

 

"Suzy, can I ask you a favor?"

"Hmmm... yes. What is it?" she said.

 

I'm glad that she said 'yes'.

 

"C-can you turn around?"

"Me? uhmhm... okay." she replied.

 

As Suzy turned. I get the small box inside my coat. I opened it revealing a necklace with a small rose pendant and a diamond at the center of it.

 

"Don't turn around." I said.

 

I take a deep breath as I place the necklace around Suzy's neck. At first she was startled when she felt something touches her skin but as I lock the necklace I can see that her hand moves and touches the pendant.

 

"You can now turn around."

Suzy turned and as I look into her eyes I can see happiness but at the same time confusion.

 

"J-junhyung, w-why....?"

"I gave you that present as a sign of........as a sign of...."

 

Suzy is waiting for my answer. But I can't say it. I can't say that word. LOVE. That it is a sign of love. I want to say that i love her. Not because I see Hara on her but the way she is. As Suzy.

 

"It is a sign of..... FRIENDSHIP." I said.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

( you 's POV)

I'm quite startled when something cold touches my neck. I hold it and realized that it was a necklace. A necklace?

 

"J-junhyung, w-why...?"

"I gave you that present as a sign of.........as a sign of...."

 

I look into his dark eyes and waited for him to answer. I don't know but I'm ...I'm waiting to hear the word/s from him that I'm expecting.

 

"It is a sign of...friendship." he said.

 

I don't know what to say or react. Maybe I'm expecting too much, expecting him to say more.. more than friendship. But I'am wrong. Maybe he doesn't feel like the feeling I had for him.

"Oh, t-thank you, Junhyung. It's beautiful." as i touched the pendant again and look into his eyes.

 

Junhyung told me that it's pretty late and that we need to get some rest. He accompanied me into my room.

 

"Thank you" I smiled.

"You're welcome." he replied.

"Uhmmh... I'll go now. Good night then. See you."

"Goodnigh, Suzy." Junhyung said.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Junhyung's POV)

 

"Goodnight, Suzy." I said.

Good night, my love.

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi! Thanks for subscribing. :)