Eight Cup

Coffee Shop (Elusive Hearts)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eight Cup (of my heart)

For a beginner's love that blooms like spring.

For falling in love in those fleeting moments. 

For just being there. 

 

It was like this-- Seohyun was supposed to be angry and she was. Only it didn't last too long. She doesn't know exactly why just yet. The whole day has been a mess of emotions swirling inside of her whenever she thought of him.

She was supposed to chase him away, or at least ignore him the moment he showed up even if that's the least she can do in revenge. He lied to her. He pretended to be someone he wasn’t. He disappeared on her for a week! Not to mention, it was just about the worst week she ever had.

All that frustration and yet, none of what she expected happened. In fact, she didn’t even feel a bit remorse towards him, but instead, there was a relief; as if a burden has been lifted the moment she saw him. It was the strangest thing. She thought once he stood in front of her, she’d feel estrange once again. But no, she was even eager to know about his health and how he was faring considering he just came back from an illness; not that a cold and fatigue was serious enough to call it an illness. 

In other words, ridiculous things ran through her mind when it came to Jung Yonghwa, and she didn’t like it one bit. She wasn't one to fuss about a man after all, unless it was her brother. 

“Are you still mad, Seo?” Tiffany eyed her with her round eyes, pouting. 

Seohyun sighed in defeat and shook her head. She honestly doesn’t know how to react anymore. She wants to continue to wallow in the misery of the thought of her future but she also knew it was all useless now; what’s done cannot be undone anymore. “Do I still have a choice? I can't just un-invite him, can I?” 

Tiffany immediately lightened up. “Of course not! That would be rude. Anyway, Siwon Oppa is looking forward to meeting your ‘new friend’. He even called me this morning to make sure.” 

Seohyun frowned at the mention of this ‘new friend’ of hers. It was already enough that she couldn’t stop the thoughts of him in her head. “Stop reminding me, will you? I already can’t stop thinking about him. It’s so--”

Tiffany cut her off and she realized her mistake.

“Oh my god, now you can even admit you can’t stop thinking about him? This is HUGE!” She squealed. 

She really wished she hadn't said it. Her face quickly felt warm with embarrassment. She hated how quickly Tiffany was able to react. Anyway, she was caught red-handed, there was no going back. 

Instead of avoiding the subject further, she sighed in utter defeat. Tiffany will definitely pester her until she gives in anyway. 

“He came here last night, Tiff. And you know what I did? I gave him tea! For goodness’ sake, I was supposed to do something else, but give him a freakin’ tea! I was supposed to feel angry at least or curse at him for lying, or for not telling me who he is, or that he was gone for a week without a word! But... But all those things disappeared the moment I... I saw him. I felt like I was in this dilemma for such a long time and the moment he appeared in front of me, the only thing I felt was relief that he was there...” The words came rushing out of that she felt out of breath and her heart rattled inside her with rushed emotions. “What do I do now, Tiff?” 

Tiffany looked at her, this time without her playful eyes. She held out her hand and laid it on top of hers. “Oh, Seo...The only thing we can really do when it comes to love. We accept it,” she replies. “No matter the consequences.”

 

Seohyun sat still glancing at the clock from time to time. She doesn’t know just when it became a habit to check the time so frequently. It was the same thing with waiting; something she hadn't in a long time. 

They said people often waited when they were in love, but was she really? Does being in love mean waiting? The thought of it still made her uncomfortable. She knew fully well the torment of waiting for someone with so much uncertainty. She brushed the thought aside not wanting to fall deeper in thought. 

Just this morning, when her brother had stopped by, he told her she looked different for some reason. "You look radiant", he replied with a playful smile. Of course, she had brushed it off as naturally as she could but deep inside different feelings turned in her stomach. 

When the door finally made a sound, she almost jumped from her seat in surprise and her heartbeat picked up its pace. She took another glance at the clock hanging on the wall. 

9:50 pm.

Then, the footsteps came next. She glanced down, focused at the book in front of her, and tried her best to act as if she had been in the same position for the past hour. She counted his steps on her head. 

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

Five.

“Hello,” his voice echoed through the walls of the space. She finally looked at him and takes a breath. For some reason, she felt overwhelmed. Something swelled inside of her at the sound of his voice.  “The door was unlocked, so I... came in. I’m sorry I forgot to knock."

“You always forget to, anyway,” She replied, managing to add a small smile, trying to make sure what she felt inside wasn't too obvious. She didn’t exactly want to sound sarcastic but couldn’t help it as she was nervous. Out of all the times, they had met each other, this is probably the most nervous she’s been and she hated it. 

Yonghwa grinned in response anyway. “Were you waiting for me, by any chance?” 

Seohyun’s eyes widened just enough for him to laugh a little. Is he serious? “Of course not!”

“I’m glad you’re still here,” he replied and t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter