Second Cup

Coffee Shop (Elusive Hearts)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Second Cup (of my heart)

For thoughts shared in exchange for comfort.

For desires still unknown.

For solitude, much appreciated.

(A week had passed since that night)

 

Yonghwa sat in front of his manager and beside his bandmates, Lee Jonghyun, Kang Minhyuk, and Lee Jungshin, eating their late dinner at their dorm after finishing all their schedules for the day. He briefly glanced at the clock hanging in the wall for the fourth time since he sat at the dinner table, and this time it read 10:54.

 

"Are you planning to go somewhere, Yonghwa?" His manager eventually asked noticing his small actions.

 

"Huh? I just thought I'd get some air after this. Is that okay? I don't think I have a schedule for tomorrow anyway." He answered nonchalantly, reaching for the water.

 

"Well, it's fine with me. Just don't stay up too late and stay out of trouble."

 

"Hyung, can I come? I don't have a schedule tomorrow either" Minhyuk, the youngest out of all them asked, his voice almost child-like.

 

Yonghwa laughed, surprising almost all of them. "Maybe next time. I have somewhere to go."

 

"Where are you going this late, Hyung? Are you going to drink? Take us with you!" Jungshin pleaded.

 

"Jungshin hyung is right, hyung. You should take us. It's been a while since we went out together. You always went by yourself for the past weeks. Where did you go anyway?" Minhyuk added.

 

"Just somewhere... And no, I'm not going out to drink, really. Next time we'll go. Promise." He smiled, finishing his food.

 

"But-" Minhyuk tried to protest but Jonghyun cut him off.

 

"Yah! Minhyuk-ah, you still have to practice your lines you know." Jonghyun reminded him.

 

"Jonghyun is right. You two still have a lot of preparing for tomorrow so rest early." Their manager added. "Let Yonghwa go alone for now"

 

Yonghwa shot him a grateful look, continuing their dinner discussing the smallest things they could think of about their day and the upcoming ones. They laughed together occasionally when their manager joked about different things and experiences he had gone through until they all finished their dinner and almost all of them except for Yonghwa was exhausted enough for the day.

 

He left their dorm even before midnight after making sure s were already tucked in in their own beds for the night.

 

Seohyun was staring at practically nothing, lost in her thoughts - something she hadn't done in years. And practically ignoring the figure in front of her.

"Well?" A hand snapped in front of her eyes bringing her back to senses.

 

"Sorry. What were you saying?" she asked again flustered.

 

Her friend, Hwang Tiffany, looked at her incredulously. "Wow! Just... wow! Are you okay Seohyun? Did something happen while I was away? Did you finally find a boyfriend to daydream about?"

 

Seohyun rolled her eyes on Tiffany looking away. Her friend is such delusional sometimes. "I only space out for a bit and you already imagine me daydreaming about some man that doesn't exist?"

 

"Well, it depends Seo... I'm your best friend not one of your employees so I know a million things about you that no one else knows. Even the weirdest. And one in that million things is that you don't space out on things. So, you, my friend," she points at her and meets gazes, "...hates daydreamers." She says with a knowing smile.

 

"How do you know that?" She narrowed her eyes at Tiffany.

 

"Dear, it seems like you've forgotten but I'm no. 1 when it comes to spacing out and you've always hated it saying that it's rude, blah, blah, blah. So what?"

 

Her brows crease knowing her best friend wouldn't budge until she gets the answer she wants. "Are you really going to make a big deal out of this, Tiff?"

 

Tiffany grinned showing her eye-smile as she leaned back to her seat relaxing as she answered with another question. "Are you going to tell me? Or do I have to do things like old times, you know?"

 

Seohyun shrugged reaching out for the teacup and taking one sip. "Well gee, thanks for giving me choice."

 

"Oh, stop being such a drama queen and just spill it!" Tiffany hissed with such impatience that came with beauty like hers.

 

And so she told her coming from a few weeks back that night happened. She told her about him without mentioning his name though she didn't know yet the reason why that.

 

When she finished her long story short Tiffany looked at her as if she'd gone out of her mind which she made clear by asking, "Are you crazy Seo Juhyun? That man could have been dangerous or something. Your brother will surely kill me if he finds out you've been talking to some stranger."

 

Seohyun laughed. "I'm n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter