Coffee Shop

The Darkness to My Light

 

     When is this going to end? I thought as I longingly stared at the clock waiting for School to be over.
 
*Brrriiiinnnngggg*
 
       Finally I thought as I packed up my stuff And every one else rushed by me out the door. I walked to the school gates where Jr. was waiting for me like always.
 
"Ready to go home?" I asked 
 
He nodded "What about you?"
 
I Shook my head "You know what happens when I go home." 
 
''Come to my house then, you are always welcome there." 
 
"No its fine, I'd rather not impose on you and your family."
 
"Yah, you're impossible. I would insist, but I already know I'd lose, man, you are too stubborn for your own good." He chuckled.
 
     I laugh because its true " I'll walk home with you, then i'll probably hang out at the coffee shop 'till my parents knock out from an excessive amount of alcohol, or something."
 
"Fine, then, I'm coming with you today."
 
"Jr.--"
 
"Nope. Its my turn to be stubborn. I'm going and that's that." He said as he started walking "You coming?"
 
I rolled my eyes "Jr. do you even know where it is?"
 
He stopped dead in his tracks "No I do not, lead the way." He told me.
 
"This way" I directed and we started walking together.
 
     When we reached the shop I ordered an espresso with an extra shot of caffeine and Jr. ordered Hot chocolate. I gave him a questioning look.
 
"I don't drink caffeine, remember?"
 
 "You're still on that? I though you would have given that up by now"
 
"Nope, no caffeine, never have, never will"
 
     " Insanity" I laughed and got up to get some sugar. I was walking back to the table when a waiter came running up with a tray of hot drinks and crashed in to me. The tray and drinks went flying up and the waiter fell to the ground. I cought the tray and cups before they crashed to the ground and shattered. I grabbed the waiters arm and pulled him up causing some Coffee to spill and burn my arm.
 
     "I am so sorry I can't believe I was clumsy enough to do that" He got down on bus knees "forgive me, it was a genuine mistake, please don't tell my boss." 
 
      "Hey hey, cool it, Im not going to telling your boss, chill, it wasn't that bad" I hushed him as I pulled him back up again.
I went on my way back to my table when I slipped on some spilt coffee

 
     "Aish" I muttered to myself "Someone might wanna clean this up!" I yelled to know one in particular. 
I got up and continued to the table. Jr. gave me a ` you okay?` look.  

 
"No worries, now what kind of a girl would I be if I let that get to me?" 
 
"Ummm.......a normal one?"
 
      We both just laughed. I reached up to my neck to grasp my necklace out of habit but I didn't feel anything. My eyes widened, I searched around my neck, but I felt nothing.
 
"Jr." 
 
"What?" 
 
"Where's my necklace?!" 
 
"Which one?"
 
"The one my brother gave me on the day we met!!"
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
A/N: Sorry we havent posted in a long time. I had no internet access :P