Let's Dance

Let's Dance

 

You walk into the room taking in the image. The smooth wooden floors. The wall mirrors letting you see everything behind you. The glass wall that let the sunlight shine through the room. The smell of the room. You loved it. What made you love it more was that it was the room where your favorite dancer practices dancing every week. Today was even his special dance class he holds once every month.

You’ve always applied but you never got accepted into the class until today. You slipped on your sneakers and placed your bag down against the wall. Taking out your iPod, you start listening to some music as you waited. Unconsciously you start to dance to the song. Getting into the rhythm and sound as you move your body. When you finished, you heard clapping and you spun around to see him and the rest of the class.

“Already starting without the class?”

You blush at his comment and do a 90 degree bow. He waves his hand and walks towards you. You freeze in place as he walks by. His cologne lingered in the air as he walked by. The class starts to surround you as he stood near the wall. He raises one hand up as he starts his lesson.

“Hello everyone! My name is Kibum but please call me Key. I’ve been dancing for 5 years now and you are all here to learn some dance routines! We all should be around the same age so let’s all get along shall we?”

Everyone cheered after his introduction. All you could do though was stare at him. You thought you’d never see him in real life. He was beautiful in person.

He starts off class with some warm up stretches and body wiggled to let our bodies loose. Then the musicstarts playing and he begins to dance. Each movement was beautiful. How his body turned and his legs moved elegantly to a fast pace song. You couldn’t keep your eyes off for even a milisecond. Once he finished everyone applauded him and he bowed.

“Okay. Now let’s do this step by step then we will try dancing together.”

Everyone nodded and Key started to place people around the room where they had enough room to dance. You stood awkwardly near a corner but near enough where you could still see Key. He looked over at you and started walking towards you. You froze in place as he was now standing near you. He grabbed your hand and started dragging you towards the front center.

You blushed as you stared at his hand holding yours until he let go. He smiled as he looked aroud the class.

“Good. Now let’s dance!”

Everyone began to follow his steps including you but you couldn’t completely pay attention since he was right in front of you. After he finished teaching the routine step by step, he told everyone to keep practicing while he watches. As he walked around the class, you sighed in relief. You started to concentrate and began to dance until you made a small mess up. Key noticed this and came over to you.

“Do that again! We need to correct it!”

You blushed as he was staring intensely at you. You started to dance again but messed up at the same part of the routine again.

“It’s your hip movement.”

He suddenly grabbed your hips with his hands. Your face turned pink as you could feel his body heat so close to you.

“Do the routine again and I’ll guide your hips.”

You nervously did the routine again, but Key sighed.

“You’re too tense. Relax”

You nodded as you relaxed your body and started dancing again. Slowly, you started to feel like you two were the only two in the room. You continued to dance as Key lead you. This time you got the part right but ended up spinning into his arms without thinking.

He looked at you in the eyes as you stared into his eyes. Your face started to turn red as you jumped out of his arms. He laughs and then smiles at you.

“Good job. You finally got it. Now let’s see if you can remember it later.”

He smiles at you again as he turns and starts to walk around the dance studio. Your heart thumps louder as you watch him walk around. Once an hour passed by, it was time to start dancing with the music. He walked to the front again as he smiles at everyone.

The music started to play and everyone began dancing. You got absorbed into the music and began to dance the routine perfectly. Once the music stopped, everyone clapped and Key smiles at everyone.

“Good job everyone. We did really good today, but this is the end of my dance lesson. I had fun and I hope you all had fun too. I hope to see some of you next month!”

Everyone clapped as Key started to walk towards the exit so he could say goodbye to everyone individually. As people started leaving, you and Key ended up as the last two people in the room. He looks over at you.

“Had too much fun that you don’t want to leave?”

“Heh. I guess you can day that.”

You actually wanted to stay longer with him. But you knew it had to end somehow. You picked up your bag and started to head out until he grabbed your arm.You looked at him weirdly as he smiled at you.

“Why don’t we get some coffee?”

You stared at disbelief. Key was asking you to coffee?! He smiled at your reaction.

“Hey! I’m a person just like you! Now come on!”

He slid his hand down to link hands with you. Your face was red at this point and Key laughed at your reaction but didn’t let go. You smiled at him as you realized that your dreams might be coming true.