An Unexpected And Unwilling Inquiry

An Unexpected And Unwilling Inquiry

My hand trembled as I punched the number on my phone...

"QUICKLY!" He yelped; making me jump in my seat.

The phone began to ring as it was going through. Blood shot through me like a fired slingshot. My adrenaline was running high. I felt like collapsing but thought to myself, It could've been much worse, right?

"Hello?" The low, gentle and soothing male voice was heard.

I looked up at the man holding me captive and shook my head from side to side in disagreement.

"DO IT!" He yelled at me again. I couldn't bring myself to do it.

"DO IT YOU BASTARD!” and he grabbed the phone out of my hand rubbing it hard against my ear, urging me to say it.

"Ahh!" I minced a little whine.

"Say it before I," And before he could finish his frightful sentence, I spoke, “Okay! I'll say it," I unwillingly pleaded.

"Gooood," He smiled a horrendous and intimidating smile. It sent shivers down my bruised spine.

"A... ap... appa?" I stutteringly stated.

"Yessss. Say it already!" Shouted the evil man.

"Is there somebody with you honey?" Dads' voice was so soothing and calming, it was itching away at my heart second per second. I badly wanted to tell dad what was really going on but the death glares the man was shooting at me, made me less and less motivated to rebel.

"Appa? I'm sorry I called at such a time. It's late and you must've been," and before I could continue, dad interrupts, "No no honey. You can call me anytime of the day whenever you need something. You know I'm always there for," I couldn't let him finish. It was breaking me apart. I couldn't hear it anymore. If I had to hear one more word of that, I knew I'd break down in tears and I couldn't let myself go there. I had a task at hand. And I was scared beyond words' to do otherwise.

"Prepare to die.... appa."

"..W..What?.. Is this some kind of joke? Honey. It's late now. How about you call me later okay?" Dad wasn't getting it. And it was aching every inch of my heart that I had to be the one to say it to him.

"Appa!.. Either you come now or you're done for good!" I spoke off the mans' tongue as he mouthed me the words. I couldn’t believe I had done so. I didn't want to, but I didn't know what else to do for this man seemed capable of deeming worse.

I cut the phone as I turn around to look at him walking away.

"WHY?!.. Why did you make me do that!?" I was confused and absurd. Why was I to this anyway?

He turns around and walks towards me, “You know.. I've never been loved, cared for, looked after.. THAT !"

Huh? Was I to feel bad and pity? Was he trying to get something out of me? Knowing he's come this far, he sure seems like an experienced, conniving monster.

"Honey," He questioningly stated.

Was he okay? I immediately then remembered my mother. She had also been kidnapped. She went missing for a long time.. even until now, she's missing. No one knows what's happened to her. If she’s dead, alive. It remianed a mystery. But I do remember the last thing she had told me,"Honey, Today I've been robbed. Tomorrow you might be. You need to stand tall and firm and be strong and fearless in life. That's the only way you'll get around things. I need you to protect dad. He's sick and needs alot of attention and care and therefore, I'm appointing you!.. As his bodyguard!"

I return back to reality as I examine the situation and gain immense motivation and strive. I remember mom had called from her kidnappers 'workshop' and had rebelled against them and stated all that with no due fear that they might starve her, beat the out of her or even kill her. Dad had narrated to me in bits as to what had happened. But what was I to know that this was all I needed to know to stay strong and determined in life. Now, I had to make my own plans and take charge.

"You're not my father so therefore you have no right to calling me honey," I turn around with crossed arms. What was I so scared of anyways?

"Oh! So now all of a sudden you gain this HUGE fearless attitude and want to go up against the great Lee’s!?”

“..Yes! And when my father gets’ here, he’ll know what to do,” I asked facing the other way having my head held up high. I was scared. Who wouldn’t be! But I had to act brave. It was the only way I was going to get out of this mess.

“Listen sweet thing.” W-What did he just say??

He came up towards me as I felt his aura near me. He reached out his hand and once again, I lost all confidence. I was my weak self again. Was it his aura that brought me down? Or was it something else about him? But no doubt was he a one hot, y infused man.

He reaches his hand out, and grabs my chin by his fingertips. My eyes widened! What was he going to do to me!? Twist my neck!? Was this the end!?!

“Care to listen?”

What? Why was he acting so weird? Was I imagining things? Hearing the wrong things? Was I okay!?

“I was 8 when my mother passed away. She meant a lot to me. I hated my dad. More than anything. I had wished he wasn’t my father. I had wished that, I didn’t even have a father. I hated all fathers. Fatherhood just brought me pure anger. But your father seems different. A lot different. I knew my fathers’ ways. I didn’t approve one bit! He had at one time have such a greed for money, he used to take me to clubs and forcefully lay me on beds, await people, and be wasted and feasted on. I hated it so much. But I couldn’t say no. I was scared of my father. He killed my mother.”