15 - Wherever You Are

Escape to Neverland ☆ A Shared Dream ☆

 

[YOUR POV]

When did I start to remember my past, I wonder? How did I forget it in the first place? Those painful memories, events and hurtful speeches from ignorant people around me. While I was cleaning up my room, clearing my shelves, desk, wardrobe and packed my bags to leave Korea and to move to the US, I constantly thought of Soohyun. Being the over-thinking person I was, I ended up regretting so much of using him but I broke into the positive light saying, it was fate.

 

I sat on my bed and rested my head on the head of my bed letting out a heavy sigh; be it because I was tired or just from thinking too much, I was still thinking about him and my memories. Little by little, the memories of Neverland flashed back into my mind. The dream I had when I was in a coma was real, what I felt for Soohyun was real, therefore…

 

A tear rolled down my cheek and I wiped it right away.

 

“You told me that you would never leave me. I don’t want to leave you too.”

 

I was sure about another thing, if it’s because of Soohyun I made good memories, the bad memories I’ve or we’ve been hiding didn’t matter anymore. That feeling of pain was replaced with something greater. Something I should quickly tell him before it was too late.

 

- - - - - - -

[NO ONE’S POV]

 

U-Kiss was in Japan, day and night doing endless practicing multiple numbers for their big Japan tour being hold in a few more days. Everyone knew how important this tour and was very pumped up for it but the painful truth still lingers with them when they knew AJ will only be with them for one concert of the tour; so was it even a pleasant event to be worth celebrating. They tried their hardest to enjoy practice but no matter how much time they spent together, the time they had before AJ was going of to the states were nearing. Time flew very fast like a bullet train making everyone very anxious.

 

Vocal training in the day and evening, dance practice until late at night drains out everything these boys ever had. In between those days, U-Kiss were busy going around Japan for schedules and interviews to different broadcasting stations almost every day. How long they were preparing and promoting their new Japanese Single and grand Japan tour was like something that blew off their hat. The words they mutter threw interviews are the same and nothing seems surreal anymore. All they knew the first concert in Japan for this tour was almost here.

 

U-Kiss was brought to Bukodan to do a final check on the numbers of performances they were about to make in a day or two. All the lights and mics need checking. The big LED screen played the visuals they recorded previous over and over again but because of the Japanese crew’s efficient work, everything went smoothly. One of the production crew signalled the rest of U-Kiss to check if they were ready to make their grand final touch of their closing; promoting song, “A Shared Dream.”

 

Soohyun grabbed his mic, flinching and releasing onto it controlling his focus onto the performance.

 

“Hyung, are you alright?” asked AJ. Soohyun looked up to the tall rapper. “You don’t look so good.”

 

“I’m fine,” he answered. The lights dimmed and the song started.

 

U-Kiss was able to sing perfectly at the beginning until the end. Soohyun in the meantime remembered how he first performed a concert with U-Kiss and was touched by the support of the fans. He remembered how badly he did when he couldn’t manage to finish the song and was worried if he wasn’t to do the same for this song as well. The rest of U-Kiss noticed how emotional Soohyun sang at the end and went up to comfort him when the song ended.

 

“Why are you all like this? I’m fine,” said Soohyun.

 

“No, you aren’t. You’re thinking too much again, aren’t you hyung?” asked Kevin.

 

“Take a rest please?” pled Kiseop handing the leader a water bottle.

 

Soohyun gladly accepted Kiseop’s kindness but the rest of U-Kiss was still worried about him.

 

“Is it because I am leaving?” asked AJ straightforwardly.

 

Soohyun chocked on his water. “No!” he denied.

 

“Then what is it?” asked AJ. “Hyung, even if I’ll be leaving, I’ll always come back and we’ll be back as a whole group again. Is something wrong because you’ve been ignoring Sora?”

 

“No, it’s not,” said Soohyun as he walked away.

 

“Hyung!!!” called the U-Kiss members. AJ could only look at Soohyun’s cold behind as he left them. “Why are you trying so despretely to push everyone away from you when we care so much about you? You’re only hurting yourself, and your loved ones; especially the one who’s on your mind the most right now. Sora… I wonder if she’ll come tomorrow?” thought AJ.

 

- - - - - - -

THE BIG DAY…

 

At Incheon Airport, you and your mother were ready to catch your flight to the U.S. The only people who came to see you off were Eunsoo and your aunt. Eunsoo was about to flood her eyes in tears but held back desperately because she hated you; sort of. You tried coaxing her to stop being childish and cold to you but Eunsoo would rant on and on how you were so unfair to her and U-Kiss.

 

“I told you, I won’t stop loving U-Kiss just because I’m in another continent.”

 

“Wae? WAE!?” asked Eunsoo.

 

“They’re just too nice to me.”

 

“And why is that?” asked Eunsoo which that made you bit your lip. “I think you’re the weirdest fan who can only say things like that. U-Kiss has been so nice. What have they done to you to say that?”

 

“Kurae! They treated me like a friend, took me out to Everland, gave me useful advise, let me see Soohyun; in short, they made me the happiest person alive! If it wasn’t for them, or rather, if it wasn’t for Soohyun, if it wasn’t for my dream… I wouldn’t have all those wonderful memories and people in my life,” you said.

 

Eunsoo looked at you with pitiful eyes and tried with every bit of ounce of her strength left to hold back her tears and anger onto you to persuade you to go to Japan as AJ asked you to. “It’s never late to go, you know.” You looked up to the person who you first met when you waked up from your coma, the person who became your bestfriend despite the awful person and past you had; who kept moving you forward to chase your ‘other’ dream which was… “Soohyun, is waiting for you. He needs you too Sora.”

 

“Soohyun…” you muttered. Just thinking how much he will be sad after AJ will move to the States; you leaving Korea without a single goodbye will certainly shock him. You didn’t care what he’ll think if you see him for this one last time, but you know you need to see him. “But… My mom…”

 

“She’ll understand. Go on unni…” Eunsoo handed over the flight tickets to Japan over to you which you hid away previously because you couldn’t decide to go or not. You difficultly accepted but you felt strongly to go without thinking of the risks later.

 

“Goodbye Eunsoo ah. Take care of umma for me.” You then dashed off to the other direction to the gate which opened for the flight to Japan. Eunsoo smiled as you disappeared into the crowd as she knew it was the right decision for you to make.

 

However, because you dashed without thinking much, you only had your backpack, which contain basic supplies and some cash; with you, you had the flight tickets in hand and passport, some many thoughts came over your head, “What will happen when I get to Japan? Ottoke??! ACK!!!” You fell onto the ground after tripping over somebody else’s luggage and hurt yourself with a bump on the elbow onto the cold floor. The owner of the luggage saw you and rushed over to help you up.

 

“Are you OK?” the man said trying to get you up from the floor but you being fragile as you are, only managed to sit up and take a look at your kind helper. His hair was well kept, was wearing rather warm clothes, a sweater but a rather thin looking t-shirt underneath. His eyes were hid behind his big sun-glasses but from his wide smile he gave you, you thought he was somewhat of a celebrity. “You have to be careful next time,” he said. Judging by his accent, he was also a foreigner to you even though his Korean was nearly perfect.

 

“I’m sorry. I will,” you said as you got up; brushing your clothes from dust.

 

The man saw you dropped your flight ticket and picked it up for you. Besides the flight tickets he saw, there was also a ticket for you to U-Kiss’s Bukodan concert. The man smiled pleasingly at you as he passed you your tickets. He took his luggage and was about to leave for his own flight.

 

“Thank you… um… sir?” you said as the man stopped his steps to smile back at you. You saw how handsome he was at last he took off his glasses to accept your gesture properly.

 

“Alexander. Call me Xander, and you are?”

 

“Lee Sora. Thank you Xander,” you said giving a 90 degree bow.

 

“Annyeong Sora ah~ I hope you’ll find your dreams…”

 

“How did he know…?” you thought but it gave you a reassuring feeling when you saw the smile on Xander’s face like new hope. “I will Alexander ssi. I’ll find my dreams, my U-Kiss… my oppa… Soohyun…”

 

 

 

 

When you arrived in Japan which only took you an hour from Incheon, you couldn’t help to get scared by the foreign surrounding around you. You couldn’t speak the language nor get around the place. Being hysterical for the first time in a long time, you finally decided to sit quietly at the arrival bay and find solutions using your smartphone. You were sure you installed a dictionary for Japanese whenever you needed it but unfortunately when you found the app, your phone died for loss of battery. You cried for being so helpless.

 

“Young lady, gwenchana?” asked a guy in Korean. Your eyes light up when at last someone can speak in fluent Korean with you. You looked at the kind person who had stunning visuals and brown chestnut hair smiled gently for you. “Can I help?”

 

“YES! I mean… yes. I needed to find a shuttle bus or a taxi to go to, ‘Bukodan’(?)” you said wondering if you said that correctly.

 

“If this is your first time going anywhere in Japan and you’re in a hurry, I suggest you get a taxi. Follow me, I’ll help you.” You smiled in glee as you accepted the young man’s help as he helped you get a taxi outside the airport. You rubbed yourself for warmth when the cold air hits your skin. “I told the taxi driver where you’re heading, so get in.”

 

“Nae… um… Wait!” you checked your purse to remember you forgot to change your currency into Japanese Yen. You frowned at the situation. “I have no money,” you cried again. The man sighed and the taxi driver was getting impatient when another person asked if they could use the taxi instead which you let them considering you couldn’t afford it in the end.

 

“Aish… This is really your first time in Japan?” asked the man.

 

“No. It’s actually my first time travelling alone,” you said.

 

The man scanned your situation as he sighed again to see how pitiful you were. “Where were you going again?”

 

“The Bukodan Stadium.”

 

“That’s far… Is it important?”

 

“Yes.” You were scared that the man was getting impatient with you. “Very important. There’s someone I need to see.”

 

The man saw the tickets you were holding and asked what it was.

 

“Oh this? It’s the ticket entry to the concert they are holding at Bukodan right now. I guess, I’m really late right now. I don’t know if I’ll ever be in time to see him now. He must be very disappointed.”

 

The man’s anger cools down as you put it that way. “ And you came all the way from Korea too. Why didn’t you come earlier?” he said as he wrapped his scarf around you leaving him scarfless. You were surprised at his action.

 

“Because I’m such a pabo for not realizing my feelings for him earlier,” you said.

 

“Gee… What are we supposed to do with a fan like you? U-Kiss would be very disappointed.”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s OK. Follow me. I have a driver who will be here in a few more minutes that can help you to get to the place you want. We can go together.”

 

You felt awfully sorry towards the man when you troubled him a lot and felt hesitant to accept anymore kindness from him. It was too much for you, “Thank you for your kindness but it’s no use anymore. It was silly of me to come here so late and ended up this way. I’m such a foolish girl. I don’t think I was meant to see him again.”

 

“Pabo girl. You came this far and you still think this way? You still haven’t met him, how would you know?” the man stretched out him hand and took you towards the waiting area for picking up. When his driver arrived, he opened the door for you and you got into the car with him. You were so embarrassed by him and yourself that you couldn’t face him again.

 

“What will Soohyun think of me now?” you mumbled into your bagpack.

 

“You name?” the young man asked.

 

“Sora.”

 

“What a nice name. Do you know that your name means something beautiful in Japan?”

 

You shook your head.

 

“It means the ‘sky.’ It’s beautiful because you can see it everywhere and it always changes,” he said and that made you smile. “Nice to meet you Sora. I’m Kim Kibum; just call me Kibum.”

 

“Kibum…” you said softly as you shook Kibum’s hand as some parts of your memories tried to enter your mind. “Somehow, it’s like I’ve met you before.”

 

“Maybe…” said Kibum.

 

“I have a bad memory. I lost some, a year ago but I’m slowly remembering them.”

 

“Then you might need to get back to me when you remember me,” said Kibum jokingly.

 

When Kibum’s car arrived in front of the Bukodan stadium, you carefully got out of the car and thanked Kibum again for the help. Kibum gave you one last gentle gesture and bided you farewell. You turned around to take in the Japan air, and amaze yourself with the sight of Bukodan where U-Kiss’s grand tour was being held right this moment. The thought of Soohyun kept constantly in your mind helped you to stay positive and focus on your goal to why you’ve came. It was a hard journey, but you were finally here. You slowly remember Alexander and Kibum who you met previously to give you the strength to come here with the gentle gestures they gave you… but…

 

“Alexander and Kibummie oppa… They are… Oh! Silly me. It’s funny how I can be so dumb or awfully lucky to be helped by U-Kiss wherever I am. You know what Soohyun? I’m not going to give up on you because you told me that you never gave up on me. This time I mean it with all my heart because I love you Soohyun.” “Because I was going to see U-Kiss.”

 

- - - - - - - - -

A/N: Y'know... I always wanted to put Alexander and Kibum somewhere in my story. I hope this does it well. Did you hear that Kibum will come back to Korean music scene soon? I can't wait! I miss Kibummie although I didn't really know him that well because I only became a fan of U-Kiss during the DoraDora era. On the other hand, things have been lightening up for me and I hope it's the same for all of you KissMes out there too. This fanfic, ASD is slowly coming to an end with another chapter or two. Le me cry. It would do me great if I receive more comments from the readers so please silent readers, voice up! I first started this fanfic because of myself and secondly because of my bestfriend. I did write in the foreword that I had a reason why I chose to make Soohyun the star of this fanfic is because of my friend. Well, no more secrets... Partially this fanfic is dedicated to her and the name of the OC is also her name as well. About the Sora as an OC in the story and my friend who is Sora, I'll leave it up to you to think about their characters. This is purely fiction so I don't think their are entirely the same person. Sora, if you're reading this... Thanks for being a big support and good friend to me. I wish to all my readers to support me a little longer with this fanfic for another few chapters and then we can say goodbye. Or can we?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yes, Kibummie oppa... I'm waiting. Not for long now, right? T__T