16 - A Shared Dream

Escape to Neverland ☆ A Shared Dream ☆

 

[YOUR POV]

Just before I flew to Japan, waiting at the gate, I opened a letter I never seen before from my bagpack. I found out it was a letter from Eunsoo and I guessed it should be a letter of farewell but when I finally opened the content to read it, I was surprised by what she wrote. Rather than saying goodbye, she wrote goodluck on finding Soohyun. It was as she knew I will choose to go to Japan’s A Shared Dream Concert. Silly girl. She wrote a whole letter of encouragement which brought me to tears and another letter just had song lyrics.

 

A Shared Dream – U-Kiss’s 3rd Japan Single.

 

I can’t thank Eunsoo enough for what she has done to help me. With these lyrics, she helped me to better understand the song of the special concert I was about to witness with my own eyes.

 

 

I ran as fast as I can towards the stadium catching up for lost time hoping I didn’t miss the last event. The guards were surprised by my appearance; I still remember to give them my tickets and let me in anyways even though by the looks on their faces, the show was about to end. But I promised myself to never give up, didn’t I? Inside, the crowd was murmuring while I hear the members’ of U-Kiss’s voices speaking in Japanese. I frowned because of two reasons; I was exhausted and I have no clue what they were saying. Nevertheless, I kept listening to their speeches and tried to translate what I can out of the Japanese lessons I’ve been so ignorant of previously. I regret.

 

Soohyun was talking and I missed him so much. Being able to hear his voice in a long time healed my heart; be it in another language, knowing him… whatever he says made me happy. I was standing so far away from the stage but high enough to see them all was a relief. I didn’t need to be in the front seat or have the privilege like a VIP fan when I came unprepared. I just need to be there, for them; for Soohyun.

 

“Be strong for him,” as AJ said to me.

 

When all of the fans were murmuring louder, I was shocked to find out why… When Kevin was crying; not being able to say anything when it was his turn. Soohyun acted as the main MC giving U-Kiss’s turns to say their final words to their Japanese fans and probably it was an important moment for U-Kiss as well if they had to say any last words to AJ as well which had me anxious and worried too.

 

“This is AJ last stage with us…” said Soohyun.

 

I saw how AJ scanned the whole dome and somehow I felt that our eyes met for a second and he looked back to the KissMes at front. “This is the last song… We present you, A Shared Dream.”

 

[Hoon] One day I dream I could fly

I was stuck boy and I still remain unchanged

Even now as an adult

The feelings I have are still close to how they were

 

[Kevin] Becoming slightly uneasy

I was depressed

When you’re always watching with your smiling gaze

I’d just standing and sing

 

[Soohyun] I’m here, and you can hear me

Even when you are far away

As long as you wish my voice will deliver to you from underground

Shining brightly, bathed in light

 

[Dongho] I want to see you and hear your laugh

Rain will not stop me flying to you

You are the only one

It’s your  presence I can tell

 

[Eli] This takes time, be patient it’s because we share one dream

Someday we’ll speed up but let’s just take it step by step like 1 2 3

 

[Kiseop] But I believe it no longer

I want to run away when I’m alone

 

[Soohyun] You feel small but without your guts I can only sit and recall

 

[Kevin] I’m here, and you can hear me

I have come so far

The continuation of our dream without giving up you delivered hope to me

One day we’ll meet again

 

[AJ] Don’t be discouraged again and again, no pain no gain futures are connecting

Tears flow the same, they change buds into flowers

 

[Soohyun] Don’t say we are without each other

 

[Hoon] We have no time to stop

 

[Kevin] There goes another new day beginning

 

[Hoon]You hear me, Even when you are far away

As long as you wish my voice will deliver to you from underground

 

[Kevin] You hear me we have come so far

The continuation of our dream without giving up you delivered hope to me

One day we’ll meet again

 

[Soohyun] Ooooh ooh ooh

Whoaaa, whoa

 

When I listened to the harmonies sang by U-Kiss together, automatically my tears start flowing like a river. I cried even more when AJ’s part became slower when he can’t rap properly for being so emotional. Consequently, Soohyun stopped trying to sing as well feeling overwhelmed with emotions. I could feel all of their emotions when they sang this song.  

 

The song was beautiful and thank to the translations I read earlier, it made it so much meaningful for me in sense it was more meaningful knowing they had to part with AJ and somewhat it was the exact message Soohyun always kept me believing ever since in Neverland and until now. Just like in my dream where I met Soohyun, it was indescribable how I felt our feelings were connected. There was so much reason present that I felt I could just reach out to him and say, “It’s OK. I’m here.” But am I still in a place where I can still say that to him. I wanted to meet him. I miss him. Soohyun…

 

“SOOHYUN!!! Soohyun…”

 

You… Can you hear me?”

 

“Can you hear me?”

 

“I…”

 

“I miss you,” our voices harmonized. I knew it. We were connected.

 

“I cannot tell how much I regret for ignoring you…”

 

“No, it’s not your fault. I understand everything now.”

 

“You do?”

 

“Soohyun, I wanted to say something to you for so long… Since we first met.”

 

“What?”

 

“I love you.”

 

You… Sora…”

 

“Sorry for not realizing it sooner.”

 

“It doesn’t matter. I love you too.”

 

“Don’t cry…”

 

“Pabo…”

 

When the curtains closed and the screen turned the dome dark again, some words appeared on the screen, “Let’s Share our Dreams.” I couldn’t agree more.

 

- - - - - - - - -

Back in Seoul… My flight to the U.S with my mom was postponed for a month after she was shocked I disappeared the other day. She was worried to death she said when I went off by my own. Eunsoo apologized very hard to me but I tried telling her it was OK. Another reason why my mom postponed our flight for month, partially to punish me but I was glad however the real reason was she thought I was not ready. What a thoughtful mother I have for being considerate that I wasn’t ready to leave Korea. It was also to prevent I don’t run off to another country before our move as well. Hehe.

 

I wrote AJ a long e-mail to thank him for sponsoring my flight and concert ticket although it was supposed to be a sad parting with him along with U-Kiss; I should had put in more effort to see him instead.

 

“Silly girl… I did it for Soohyunnie hyung. He has done a lot for mesince I first joined U-Kiss. It was a tough decision for a lot of parties: The Company, the band, Hoon and I; not to mention the former members as well. It is I who should thank you for being at our tour. He needed you to be there so hear his heart. Although he acts strong and kind for everyone, deep down, he’s sensitive and gullible. He needed somebody to lean on. He is also someone who is too kind for his own good because he can’t see others suffer but once he decides to make someone happy, he’s someone you can count on.  So I'm sure, the rest wanted to help him more than I did. Sora… You are one lucky person to have met him. Whatever you have been through in life, I should congratulate you for over-coming that, right? keep on being the person you are now because it's you who's amazing enough to be someone important to Soohyun now. Well, for once, thank him. So, believe in Soohyun and don’t forget to keep believing in U-Kiss. I might not be around but don’t cheat on us…” –AJ.

 

I chuckled when I read AJ’s email he replied to me. I was sure I wasn’t going to cheat on U-Kiss, especially Soohyun. That night at Japan, I know somewhere in this world, our connection was real. It was magic, but real. Our Shared Dream was meant to be.

 

My mom and I were making the final preparations to officially move to the U.S and I made sure to let Soohyun know about it as well. I was a little worried he hasn’t responded to the news yet when it was very serious. Or maybe he doesn’t care. I felt disappointed for a while.

 

“Are you really alright with moving to the U.S with me?” asked my mom.

 

“Of cause umma. Who else am I supposed to live with?” I joked.

 

“There’s always your aunt and Eunsoo here in Seoul if you want to stay here. I can always switch where I work if U.S. isn’t my cup of tea.”

 

“Don’t be silly umma… I’m sure U.S. is a great place to stay.”

 

“But what about that guy you’re dating…”

 

I was silenced by that. “We’re… not dating umma…” I chocked on my own words when I said that. It was just a month after we found out we had a mutual feeling towards each other but we never met each other again since then to date like other couples or even sit down and talk.

 

I was having mixed feelings of whether I should stay or go.

 

- - - - - - -

Incheon Airport…

 

“Kyaaaaa!!!! Stop Girl is just amazing, isn’t it not unni ya?” squealed Eunsoo into my ear. It was nth time Eunsoo fangirled over U-Kiss’s new single Stop Girl and it was on the day I officially move to the U.S.

 

I had my arms folded across my chest waiting for the damn gates to my flight to open. I was frustrated that I waited for Soohyun a little longer to see me but knowing U-Kiss, they hardly get any rest. I felt bad for them and I decided that it was just time to say goodbye.

 

The announcement that my gate has opened has been announced and I got up from my seat with Eunsoo; I hugged my bestfriend who is also my cousin for the last time until I can meet her again one day. I hear sobbing coming from her and I cooed her to calm down. “Thank you so much Eunsoo ah. You’re my bestfriend, you know that?”

 

“Ara… Don’t forget to write emails a lot,” she said.

 

“I will…” I promised her and did a pinky swear and sealed it.

 

“Sora!! It’s time to go!!!” called my mom.

 

My mom was very impatient but I couldn’t help but smile. It was finally to say goodbye to Korea. Every step I took towards my mom; towards that gate, my heart grew longing and heavy – it was about to drop anytime now. “Soohyun oppa… Goodbye…”

 

“SORA!!!! Lee Sora!!!!! Wait up!!!”

 

I quickly turned around to see the person who called me. Before I could register who the person was, the next thing I knew I was embraced so tightly by strong warm arms by someone very familiar. “Soohyun oppa… You came.”

 

I could feel Soohyun’s heavy pants against neck and his heartbeat was so strong it beat so strong that I could feel it as well. Behind Soohyun who I saw came running as well were all the other U-Kiss members except for AJ of cause. They all looked tired as I guessed they ran for 100 metre sprint to catch me but they all looked very pleased and so was I to see them.

 

After our long hug, we both parted to see each other’s faces for a moment and smiled. As I scanned him, I saw that Soohyun was in his stage outfits. “I see you were in a rush. I heard the comeback was deabak!”

 

“How daebak?” asked Soohyun.

 

“KYAAH!!!” I mimicked Eunsoo’s fangirl scream in a jokingly way and Eunsoo pouted disapprovingly.

 

Soohyun laughed at my gag and rubbed my head. I really missed his touch and missed talking to him even more. Soohyun and I can’t stop smiling at each other although I was supposed to be leaving Korea but he seemed happy. “Will you be alright over there?”

 

“Of cause I am…” I said. “Is that a sign you are worried?”

 

“Nope. Not in the least.”

 

I pouted. “That’s insensitive of you. You cried a lot when AJ was leaving.”

 

“You saw that?”

 

“All of Japan saw it, how can’t I not?”

 

The joke seemed serious but funny inside it poked the humour in both of us. Since we weren’t talking anything much anymore, the rest of them step forward to talk to me as well.

 

“Where will you be moving in the U.S?” asked Kevin.

 

“Houston, but my mom’s job requires us to move a lot so we might see more of the States as long as we live there,” I said to them.

 

“How long will you be living there noona?” asked Dongho.

 

“I don’t know for sure.”

 

“Do come back to Korea some time. We can meet up when you do,” said Eli.

 

“Are you sure? U-Kiss is one of the busiest Kpop groups I’ve ever met,” I commented jokingly while they all laughed.

 

“You’re probably right,” said Kevin. “But since you’ll be staying in the U.S. for a long time, do enjoy your stay there. If you are ever in New York, why don’t visit AJ once in a while?”

 

“I remember Kevin and Eli are from the states. I’ll try my best to visit everywhere but I need to learn English if I need to go anywhere. It was difficult for me in Japan as well.”

 

“We’ll going to miss you Sora,” said Kiseop. “Don’t ever forget us.”

 

“Impossible.” Yes, it was impossible for me to forget anything now. I had Soohyun who kept all my memories; good or bad and added more wonderful ones to compliment them. Furthermore, U-Kiss has inspired me to keep living a happier life everyday so eventhough I’ll be leaving Korea, the home of Kpop, it will follow me anywhere.

 

I said my final goodbyes to everyone and hurryingly went to the gate because I can feel my tears were threatening to fall but Soohyun stopped me just in time to say his solo goodbye.

 

“What’s the rush? We have all the time in the world for us, didn’t we?” he said.

 

“Soohyun… I will never forget you,” I said and at last we shared our first kiss.

 

I felt his hands s around my neck after parting our sweet kiss when eyed that he hooked a necklace. The pendent was a small blue sapphire stone glowing beautiful against my chest. He smiled at me with satisfaction as he said, “This reminded me of the promise I made to you now it’s yours.”

 

This sapphire was certainly from our dream in Neverland. I can’t believe he still has it with him all this time and now it’s back with me but… “You still had it even though it reminded all the sad memories.”

 

“No it didn’t. It never did because I had hope.” Soohyun kissed my forehead and said he wanted me to keep it for the rest of my life in return I’ll always make beautiful memories without forgetting him. “You know I’ll always love you my special KissMe.”

 

“Nae. Don’t ever forget our promises.”

 

Until our last moment together, I never forget our wonderful memories and our beautiful Neverland.

 

 

- - - - - - - -

[TO BE CONTINUED...]

 

5 Years later…

 

“I have dreamed and seen that vast pink sea he promised me once upon a time ago.”

 

I can’t wait to see him again, my U-Kiss.

 

 

 

- - - - - - - - -

A/N: Double update. I was so rushed to finish this fanfic so I hope you liked it. It says, to be continued so it means this is not entirely the end because there's more. I hope you'll await the real finale of this fanfic. Stay tuned for that and another announcement.