Blind Date With a Stranger

Unlocking His Secrets

 

 

 

Jaeun totally doesn’t know the guy Jihan chose as her date, at all. Every time she asks Jihan, that girl would say, “Oh, you’ll know, you’ll know. This is blind date, after all.” That really discourages her; what if her date isn’t as good-looking as she expected?

 

Jihan starts texting with her acquaintances from other classes, looking excited. Jaeun still looks concerned, though, so she asks her best friend again, “What if he’s not hot?”

 

“Just shut up and enjoy the show, Jaeun! Don’t talk too much!” Jihan giggles and ends her texting with a satisfied smile. She looks around the cafeteria; most of the students are laughing, eating, and chatting with their friends. The surrounding just feels brighter and livelier to her; mostly because of her blind date plan for Jaeun.

 

The school ends smoothly, but it’s not the same case for Kwon Jaeun. Right after she packs her books and wears her backpack, Jihan quickly drags her to a cab; heading to somewhere. Jaeun is nervous and it’s really obvious for anyone to see. Jihan even giggles (for the 100th time) when she sees her best friend’s taut expression.

 

They arrive at a big restaurant in Hongdae. Everything is so glamorous and blinding that it makes Jaeun cover her face. She isn’t even used to the light when Jihan grabs her arm, “I prepared some make-ups and a dress already. So, no more worries!”

 

“I thought I’m going to use this uniform?”

 

“Well, no one’s here using uniform so I brought an outfit for you. I brought some for me too, but I’ll only watch you from the other side of this restaurant.”

 

“Ji-Jihan, I don’t think this is necessary. I’ll just meet the guy and everything will be settled!” Jaeun ruses, trying to look enthusiastic and all.

 

The shorter girl of the two clicks her tongue exaggeratingly, pushing her friend to change. She prepares the make-ups and the accessories she already prepared last night.

 

 

kwonjaeunparkchanyeol

 

 

Jaeun kicks the air as Jihan shoves some heavy make-ups to her face. She even tears up when Jihan applies kohl for her eyes, “To look y,” she said. But it’s like burning in her eyes, so she has no choice but to tear up.

 

“This is not the reality I wanted!” she nearly screams when she sees an almost entirely different person in the mirror. Blue cocktail dress, high heels that she isn’t sure how much taller it makes her, heavy eye make-up and glowing tweezers on her hair. Her shocked expression doesn’t do much to brush off Jihan’s excitement.

 

“Jiaheng likes attractive, hot girls like you, so just trust yourself!”

 

So that’s her date’s name; Li Jiaheng. A too obvious Chinese name. It’s not like she doesn’t like Chinese guys, but she worries about their communication—it might be a problem.

 

After she’s done with the make-up and the dress, Jihan accompanies her to a table near a giant glass. A guy—no, a boy with a little messy suit and black, semi-long hair is already waiting there. He looks bored that it makes Jaeun alerted, but Jihan assures it’s okay.

 

He’s too handsome for Jaeun’s liking, but what’s wrong to have a date with such a hot boy. He has y eyes, a perfectly shaped nose, tempting and full lips, and also a long, manly jaw that would surely drive girls crazy.

 

Jaeun unconsciously bites her lips when she sits in front of Jiaheng, who is staring her way in pure awe but also curiosity. “Hello,” he greets with a head bow.

 

Wow, his Korean is good. She smiles in a friendly manner, “I’m Kwon Jaeun.” She extends her arm, only to be responded by a handshake from Jiaheng. For her, he’s too blinding and bright; unlike Chanyeo- I should stop thinking about this when there's a freaking God right in front of me.

“Li Jiaheng.” He warmly smiles back, sending a good vibe to Jaeun.

 

“So… I heard that you’re also a student in our school,” she starts a light conversation.

 

“Yup, I’m in the 1-4 class. What class are you?”

 

“1-1.”

 

“Oh, your class is upstairs! So that’s why I never see you.” He chuckles lightly.

 

“Yeah, I always wanted to see you ever since my friend talks about you.”

 

“Me too, you seem like a very cool person.”

 

Their conversation goes well and they enjoy their dinner very much. It was just some small talk every now and then and the process of eating food. Jihan is very relieved because Jaeun doesn’t make any mess, and Jiaheng isn’t that of a person after all. There are some gossips saying Jiaheng isn’t a good boy but it didn't seem so.

 

For Jaeun, the result is zero. There wasn't anything special that she felt, it just seemed like a day out with a friend. In this case, a day out with a guy friend in a really, really fancy retaurant. Jaeun rides home with Jihan when the blind date finishes. She tells Jihan about their conversation without missing any details.

 

“I don’t think I could have such a perfect boy as a boyfriend. I got a good vibe from him, but it’s just a friendly vibe. I can’t, Jihan.”

 

Jihan sighs, “Well, I can’t help too much anymore since he’s the only hot guy who’s single. Maybe he never gets a girlfriend because he treats everyone like friends,” she ends it with a shrug.

 

If only Chanyeol wasn't such a , Jaeun thinks while looking out the window.

 

After all Jihan's crazy fan-girl giggles, that was how the blind date ended; a total failure. But it's not like Jaeun expected something else.

 


 

 

From Nara:

Okay, I think this chapter is the longest chapter for UHS (I JUST MADE AN ACRONYM. LOOK AT THIS!) a.k.a Unlocking His Secret.
I hope it's not awkward, because, well... I made this chapter while getting nagged by my y cousin. Lucky she isn't here now.

I got the inspiration from nowhere and it just pops in my mind. I... I don't even know. /le sighs/

And guess what? I made a poster for this story. But we aren't going to use it since Theave's creation is prettier. ;~;

Here it is:

Open in new tab for better look. /sobs/

@exoluva: I wonder if you really know who's Li Jiaheng. unfff. xD
I hope you like this update. Comment more! ^^

Subscribe + comments = mentioned in every updates.
 

From Theave:

oh gosh >< Kwon Jaeun just missed out on an epically hot guy. v.v

@exoluva Hahaha 8DD Your comments make me smileee... Yes, like Chanyeol xDD

Nara thinks her poster is ugly but it's not >:( COMMENT SAYING THAT ITS NOT! >8(
From now on, it will appear on every second chapter because she put effort into that frggin poster!
lol. hopefully she doesn't take it down when I put it up xD (you're lucky I don't, kay.)

so hope you enjoy this long chapter XDD 'cause I always think the other ones are short, im satisfied.

This is a pretty long (yes i said 8D) Author's note. ._.
MUST END IT!! DX

HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPPIEE~~~ <333