Shopping With Jason

Dae and Night

“Yaaaaaaa, Chen Chen!” Jason called out, my friend since high school. Jason was half Korean-half American. He was born in the States but moved here when he was 7. We’ve been friends since 2nd grade, we both wanted to make it in the entertainment industry. He wanted to be an actor and I wanted to be a singer.

“Ya, how’s idol life?” He asked.

I chuckled, for some reason he always lightened the mood. “Not that bad, I think I’m starting to enjoy the rush of screaming girls.”

Jason laughed. “Listen Jongdae-ah I get off work early today wanna chill?”

I smiled and was about to answer with a yes, when I remembered that I had to go shopping for tonight.

“I can’t. EXO and some other artists are going to a club opening in Seoul, it’s supposed to be really prestigious so I have to go buy something to wear.”

Jason laughed. “Now that’s funny. what are you going to wear to club?" He grabbed my shoulders and whispered, "Listen don’t wear any of your turtle neck sweaters, I know they’re your favourite, but not this time.”

I shoved him.

“What! Of course not. I’m going to the plaza near that expensive barbecue restaurant…does no one like my sweaters?”

“Hahaha don’t worry about it man. Hey if you want I can come with you, it’s time you got some lady action.”

I looked away. Yeah there you have it, yes I have never dated before meaning no hugs, hand holding, kissing and of course no . I’m not picky or anything but I just never found time to actually try dating. Jason on the other hand, he was a player. He’s told me countless stories of girls trying to get in his pants! Most of the time I wondered whether he was telling the truth or not.

I shrugged, why not?

We left the cafe and went to the mall in Jason's car. We went inside a variety of different stores searching for something to wear. Jason did not like any of clothes I tried on, even though some of them were okay.

“Ya, chingu.” I called out. He looked up from the rack of clothes he was scrummaging through. “How much longer? I can’t be late and make my group look bad.”    

“Relax dude everything will be fine. Listen what about wearing something like this?”

Jason pointed to a grey Marc Jacobs zipped leather jacket. The style was nothing special but it was a timeless look. I got up and tried on the jacket. It fit well but looked weird with my v-neck shirt and sweat pants. Jason suddenly plopped a pair of ripped Guess jeans and a button down shirt. He then pushed me inside the change room and waited outside. I changed quickly I felt so awkward wearing these types of clothes because I normally don’t, unless it’s a stage outfit. I walked out of the change room and to the front desk where Jason stood…flirting with the cashier.

As I made my way over I saw a few girls looking at me. Did I forget to put on my pants, they were giggling as if I walked out with only my underwear.

“Woah man, girls are already checking you out.” I heard Jason say interrupting my thought.

“Yeah…WAIT WHAT!” I exclaimed. “Those girls are interested in me?”

“Wow, how are you going to survive tonight. You’ve certainly got the look down but you need to change your personality a little bit. Oh look seems like they finally plucked up the courage to come talk to you.” Jason said.