Part One.

First Feelings

 

 
Kris roamed down the streets, earning many stares and gazes at him, which he ignored. He was tired, bored, anything like that. He wanted something that would make my heart spark again.
 
 
As he thought this, he was passing a large store he hadn't seen before. Kris looked up, and at the windows. Life size dolls stared back, almost realistic. Kris' curiosity lit up, and he ventured into the store.
 
 
Dolls of many cultures greeted him as he walked in. “Annyeonghaseyo!” “Hola!” “Welcome!” “Konichi wa!” “Ni hao!” Kris was stunned at how many dolls were up and moving and talking. Maybe, I should get one.... he thought. 
 
 
“Hello, sir. How are you?” A man with a weird hair cut said from the counter. “Ah, yes. I want to buy one of your dolls.” He said. “Of course! We have a wide variety to choose from. What kind are you looking for...?”
 
 
He pondered for a bit, and smiled slowly. He motioned for him to come closer so he could whisper in his ear. Kris heard a small gasp, probably from him as he pulled away.
 
 
“B-but sir... We only have one model like that, and she's a very old one....”
 
 
“Don't care. I want it.”
 
 
Secretly, he hoped she was cheap. He didn't have the most money, but he really wanted her. 
 
 
He was carried away in his thoughts until a large bang was set in front of him. A box was now in front of him, a rather large one, just a bit shorter than him. “Well, here it is. But I must warn, that...”
 
 
The man's voice was drowned out as Kris peered behind the box, trying to get a glance at the robotic girl. However, as soon as he set his eyes on her, they never left.
 
 
The robot was a short haired brunette with golden like skin. Kris stared in awe for a while, until the man broke him out of his trance again. 
 
 
“Did you hear me? She can only be activated with a kiss.”
 
 
Kris nodded, hearing that and going back to staring at the girl. She seemed so.... real.
 
 
“I'll take her.” he said, without any doubts. “Are you really sure...?” The man said once more. “She's likely to....”
 
 
“I don't care. I want her.” Kris said, glaring at the man. He gulped, and ran off to get Kris' check.
 
 
Kris pushed his hand against the protective plastic that separated them.  “Soon, you'll be all mine.” 
 
 
---------
 
 
The next day, a truck came by Kris' house, and dropped off the girl bot.
 
 
“Are you Krease?” A man asked. Kris twitched in annoyance at the mispronunciation of his name. “Kris, and yes, I ordered model SS 02.”
 
 
The man looked back to two other males, motioning for them to put the robotic female in the house.“Well, here you are Kris. Enjoy.” The man said as the other subordinates stumbled out of the house. 
 
 
Oh, I will enjoy it, Kris thought. After all, it was just another play thing, right?  
 
 
 
 
 
Wrong.
 
 
 
 
Kris walked back into his house, closing the door slowly. He admired the mechanic girl from afar, slowly closing up the space between them. The plastic cover on her box was already torn down, and she looked just like when he had last seen her.
 
 
Cute, gorgeous, and beautiful. Everything he could ask for in a girl's looks.
 
 
He moved in closer, to where his lips were mere inches away from the girl, then leaned in and kissed her lightly.
 
 
Her eyes fluttered open, and she gave the cutest smile he had ever seen.
 
 
“Hello.”
 
 
Kris was stunned by her voice. It was soft, like silk. His mouth hung open as she began moving around, looking around the room they were in.
 
 
“Is this were you live?” She asked. He nodded, closing his mouth. “Do you have a name?” He asked.
 
 
She shook her head. “You can name me.” She said, flashing her cute smile again. Kris felt his face heat up, but just a bit. “Then.... Mary. Mary will be your name.” 
 
 
Mary blushed, happy with her new name. “I'm uhh, Kris. Your owner.” He said. Mary bent down, looking at him right in the eye. “Hello, Kris!” She piped.
 
 
Kris couldn't help but think how adorable she was. Sure, she twitched a little, but it was ok.
 
 
 
Kris was going to like his life for now on.