Tuesday

A Double Life

It was the combination of sunlight and Yongmin that woke Yongguk up the next morning, the sunlight was the initial wake up from them forgetting to close the blinds but the fact that Yongmin was standing right next to him staring at him gave a rather big shock as he opened his eyes causing him to yelp and flinch harshly back, almost head butting you in the process. He held his breath and tried to calm his racing heart hoping that he hadn’t woke you up but you simply rolled away from him and continued to sleep.

“Yongmin” he said harshly before softening his voice, “Please don’t do that again, you almost gave me a heart attack”

“I’m sorry daddy” Yongmin said with a slight pout as he clutched Jongup; the stuffed bunny. Yongguk proceeded to stretch and rub a hand over his face before he slowly sat up and swung his legs over the bed. He dazedly looked at the clock that sat on his bedside table, 06:34am.

06:34am

Yongguk groaned as he realised how early it was, Yongmin just beamed at up before taking his hand and pulling on it, “Come on daddy I want you to colour with me!”

“Yongmin it’s 06:34 in the morning” Yongguk continued to dazedly stare at his son still not being able to comprehend why he wanted him up this early, true Yongguk would’ve already been up had he had a schedule but he was hoping that this week break would give him long lay ins’ in the morning.

Clearly he was mistaken.

“But this is always when I wake umma up” Yongmin chirped beginning to swing his arms around crazily almost hitting Yongguk in the face with Jongup in the process. Yongguk peered back at you still asleep with your back facing him.  A wave of guilt hit him suddenly.

‘If I was here then she wouldn’t always have to get up this early’. But he was brought out of his guilt trip by Yongmin furiously pulling on his hand “Come on daddy!”

So he let Yongmin pull him out of his bed, down the stairs and into his playroom where toys were strewn everywhere, Yongguk could barely see the floor; there were books, teddies, toy cars, colouring books and several other things that he couldn’t recognise. Yongmin had already made his way towards a clearing near the far end of the room and he beckoned for him to come over but to Yongguk trying to get through this mine field seemed like an almost impossible task.

By the time that Yongguk had reached his son he had stepped on two pieces of Lego, a toy car and almost tripped over a lightsaber, he was exhausted and dropped down on the floor whilst Yongmin arranged the ‘uncle bunnies’ as he called them, in front of him in a small circle as he arranged a colouring book in front of him and Yongguk and a box of crayons between the both of them.

“Daddy you do this one but remember you must colour between the lines” Yongmin said with a stern expression on his face before he turned towards his own and began colouring the sky; for an almost four year old he was surprisingly very good at colouring in.

The creaking of the stairs brought Yongguk out of his colouring reverie and he looked up to see you appearing, rubbing your eyes and like he had done, dazedly looking around before walking into the kitchen not noticing the two boys in the playroom. Yongguk quickly got up and raced after you, stepping on another piece of Lego in the process. When he entered the kitchen you were waiting for the coffee machine to brew whilst leaning on the counter and looking out the window.

“Hey, what are you doing up so early?” Yongguk asked moving around the kitchen island to place a kiss to your temple.

“Early? Yongguk it’s 9 in the morning”

Was it really that late? Looking at the clock that hung in the kitchen Yongguk was shocked to see that it had indeed just gone past 9 in the morning. That means he had been colouring for the past 2 and a half hours. He groaned and wrapped his arms around you which caused you to giggle.

“Yongmin had me up bright and early to colour with him” Yongguk muttered resting his head on top of yours and slowly rocking you back and forth.

“Yeah he’s had a habit of doing that over the past few weeks” you giggled as you pushed Yongguk away to pull down two mugs from a cupboard then pouring equal amounts of the caffeinated liquid into each one before handing one to Yongguk before giving him a peck on the lips as you wandered past him and into Yongmin’s playroom.

“Minnie come and give mummy a kiss!” you demanded as you appeared in the doorway. Yongmin quickly finished his drawing before running over to you and giving you a big smack on the lips, as he pulled away he wiped his lips before running past you and tackling Yongguk who was slowly following you sipping his coffee.

“Daddy I’m hungry” he demanded, “Can you make me some breakfast?”

“Sure Yongminnie let’s go see what we’ve got” Yongguk replied and with that the family wandered back into the kitchen to scavenge some breakfast.

But upon looking in a bunch of cupboards and the fridge the family realised that they didn’t have a lot of food apart from a box of Lucky Charms that you just couldn’t bear to part with when you left America so the three of you dined on a bowel of Lucky Charms each as the day ahead was planned out.

“Well it’s obvious that we need to go grocery shopping” you stated as you watched Yongguk wash and dry the bowels, but at this Yongmin perked up.

“But daddy said we could go to the park today, we can go can’t we daddy?” he said firing Yongguk with his puppy dog eyes, it took less than 5 seconds before he faltered.

“Of course we can Yongminnie” he said with a smile, “But we may have to go grocery shopping with mummy first”

“But I don’t want to go grocery shopping” Yongmin whined slumping against the table and beginning to kick his legs.

“Well why don’t you two go to the park and I’ll just go shopping?” you asked finishing off the last of your cereal and placing it on the side of the sink where Yongguk preceded to wash it and place it on the drying rack.

“I have a better idea why don’t we all go to the park for a bit and then we’ll all go shopping?” Yongguk suggested but upon seeing Yongmin about to protest he jumped in again, “And I’ll treat us all to ice cream”

“Yay daddy! Come on let’s gooo~” Yongmin cheered as he ran up the stairs to get ready, chuckling you and Yongguk followed.

 

~~~~

It was a perfect day for a trip to the park; the sun was shining and there were hardly any clouds in the sky. The wind softly lifted your hair from your bare shoulders and you watched as Yongmin ran off towards the playground with Yongguk racing to catch him. You trailed slowly after them and eventually settled yourself on a bench under a tree just outside of the playground.

You watched as Yongguk lifted Yongmin onto his shoulders to support him as he crossed the monkey bars, Yongguk had his trademark gummy smile plastered on his face as Yongmin shrieked in excitement.

You felt truly content right then and there, with the sun on your face and knowing that your two boys were happy and safe it filled you with a warmth and happiness that never seemed to go away when Yongguk was near. He truly was your happiness as you were his and after throwing Yongmin into that equation you were basically prancing around chucking rainbows with a permanent smile on your face.

“__________-ah” Yongguk yelled frantically waving you over, “Come and play with us don’t be such a party pooper!”

Party pooper?’ you thought with a raised eyebrow before abandoning your bench and joining the boys in the park.

“That’s the spirit!” Yongguk encouraged as you immediately jumped onto the roundabout where Yongguk was currently spinning Yongmin, and this only added to his excitement.

“Wahhh daddy I’m getting dizzy” Yongmin said “Let me off”

After doing so Yongmin only preceded three steps before falling over and landing on his bottom and much to his embarrassment both his parents burst into laughter before you rushed over to help him up. But instead of accepting it he stood up by himself and once again wandered over to the monkey bars with his little head held high which only caused you and Yongguk to be hit with another round of giggles.

There weren’t many people in the park so it was easy to keep your eyes on Yongmin so you and Yongguk headed to the swings where Yongguk pushed you as high as you can go despite your squeals of protest.

“Kinda reminds you of our first date doesn’t it?” you asked peering over your shoulder at him as he continued to push you but now his gummy smile had made another appearance. It was true that you both had your very first date in this park, you were just 17 whereas Yongguk was 19; it was before his trainee days so back then the two of you spent a lot of time together. When Yongguk asked you out you had told him that they didn’t need to do anything special so Yongguk brought you to the park for a picnic and a little play in the playground. It may not have been fancy but it was one of your favourite dates you’d ever been on.

“Yeah it does” he replied softly but before he could say anything else a high pitched wailing noise erupted through the park. The both of you snapped your heads up and looked to the jungle gym where Yongmin lay on his front crying his eyes out having just fallen over. Yongguk didn’t even stop the swing before running over to where his son laid.

Immediately pushing down on your ankles to bring the swing to a standstill you ran after Yongguk and kneeled down beside him where he was clutching Yongmin and rocking him back and forth attempting to make him stop crying.

You couldn’t help but smile slightly despite the situation as you went and collected your bag from the swings and came back over, rummaging in your bag for the small first aid kit that you always kept there. Seeing Yongguk’s father instincts come out always made your heart flutter and made him look ten times more handsome in your opinion which he never really understood.

“Yongminnie let mummy see your knee” you said softly pulling Yongmin’s knee towards you where you inspected the scrap before carefully cleaning it and placing a Pororo plaster over the cut. “You’re such a brave boy” you cooed as you pulled him into your arms and placed a kiss on top of his head.

“I was wasn’t I mummy, I barely cried at all” he replied which caused you and Yongguk to chuckle.

“Are you ready for ice cream yet Yongmin?” Yongguk asked, to which the young boy nodded a pout forming on his face before reaching out to Yongguk, obviously demanding a carry.

With a roll of his eyes Yongguk scooped him up, easily holding him in one arm whilst he laced his other hand with hands before proceeding to lead you both out of the park and towards the ice cream parlour.

 

~~~~

 

It didn’t take as long as expected to drag Yongmin away from the park but inside the ice cream parlour was a completely different matter. It took you and Yongmin almost 20 minutes to pick a flavour you wanted due to your indecisiveness plus some fans recognised Yongguk so a slight crowd formed to get his autograph and picture. By the time you walked into your local supermarket it was late afternoon but because it was summer time the sun still was quite high in the sky.

The air con immediately cooled you down as you began to push a trolley down the fruit and vegetable aisle, Yongmin sat in the trolley eyeing the different food with interest and Yongguk walked by your side doing almost the exact same thing as Yongmin. You sighed pulling out the list you had prepared earlier; you sensed this was going to be a long trip.

 

~~~~

 

“Here Minnie give that to mummy” you said reaching out to receive a bunch of bananas from Yongmin who then quickly raced back outside to where Yongguk was currently unloading the grocery’s from the car.

Bag by bag, with the combined effort from Yongguk and Yongmin eventually all the grocery’s were brought in and before he could be asked to help put the groceries away, Yongmin immediately ran away into the living room leaving you and Yongguk to do the job.

You clucked your tongue, “Cheeky boy” you muttered before reaching up to place a bag of flour in a cupboard.

Yongguk’s deep laugh filled your ears as he wrapped an arm around you and placing a kiss on your cheek, “Come on honey, we’ll probably get it down much quicker this way” he said before releasing you and placing several cartons of juice into the fridge.

At his statement you just rolled your eyes before agreeing with him.

True to Yongguk’s words you did put all the shopping away quickly and after noticing that Yongmin had been quiet for several minutes, Yongguk went into the living room to check up on him whilst you filled a kettle up with water, needing a nice cup of tea.

Yongguk reappeared with a smirk on his face, “He’s fallen asleep, I put in him in his bed” he said before walking up to you and wrapping his arms around your waist.

Before you could even question why he had a smirk on his face, he had already grabbed your neck and pulled you towards him, roughly placed his lips on yours. You immediately responded by wrapping your arms around his neck and pulling him even closer, moving you lips with just as much passion as his.

He slowly moved you backwards until your back hit the counter; his tongued your lower lip asking for entrance which you gave him and your tongues fought for dominance. Your hands softly pulled at the dark hairs at the back of his neck but you gasped and broke for air as Yongguk grabbed your .

Trying to catch your breath Yongguk continued to attack your neck until he once again found your weak spot and nibbled and the red mark that he had already left, causing you to moan.

“Yongguk what are you doing?” you shakily asked as he grinded his hips into yours causing another small moan to come out of your mouth.

“What do you think?” he asked as he pulled away from your neck and gave you another smirk, “Finishing off from where we left off last night” before he attacked your mouth again, not giving you any time to protest.

Picking you up and placing you on the counter, your lips met again in a fiery passion as Yongguk settled himself between your legs, pulling you to the edge so both of your hips were pushed up close. The room was quickly beginning to heat up as you helped Yongguk deposit his shirt onto the floor, his jeans already feeling painfully tight. He pulled the neck line of your tank top down and began to lightly kiss the top of your s.

Your hands tightly gripped his hair before travelling down his lean chest to his jeans where you quickly ped them and wrapped your legs around him and pulled him even closer, his bulge firmly pressed against you, making you both groan as your lips met again. Yongguk’s hands slipped under your top and slowly began to push it up your body.

Just as his hands cupped your s the kettle began to scream causing you both to jump apart from each other; too caught up in the moment to remember your surroundings. Yongguk quickly turned it off before once again nestling himself between your legs and you both used that time to catch your breaths. He softly smiled at you which you returned, and you both simultaneously leaned in for a soft, romantic kiss. Your lips moved effortlessly against each other and once Yongguk’s grip on your hips tightened you knew the mood was back. His lips moved back down to your neck and nibbled lightly so you leaned your head back against a cupboard to give him more access, whilst your hands felt content running along his back.

In the heat of the moment both of you failed to hear the small footsteps padding down the stairs and the call of your names. It wasn’t until Yongmin appeared in the kitchen doorway that you finally noticed him, your eyes immediately widened and you gasped, quickly pulling the back of Yongguk’s head to pull him away from your neck. Noticing your eyes he quickly ly to spot a wide-eyed Yongmin in the doorway, clutching Himchan.

“Err honey could you see to with Yongmin, I have a…err problem to deal with” Yongguk whispered in your ear, pulling away you could see his slightly red face.

Chuckling, you lightly kissed him before hopping off the counter and straightening your clothes before quickly whisking Yongmin into the living room. You heard Yongguk quickly run and up the stairs and the slamming of your bedroom door as you and Yongmin made yourselves comftable on the sofa.

“Umma, what were you and daddy doing?” Yongmin asked making you blush slightly as you looked down at his innocent face.

“…there was a bug on my neck” you answered, coughing to hide your embarrassment. He was only three and three quarters, and besides you were going to leave that chat to Yongguk.

“Really?” he didn’t seem very convinced and you turned even redder as he continued to stare.

“Yeah a bug, I asked daddy to get it off for me”, he still didn’t look away so you attempted to distract him “Look Music Bank’s on!” you acclaimed and Yongmin immediately turned his attention to the TV causing you to sigh quietly in relief.

The both of watched the idols dance and sing about the stage, the both of joining in occasionally, giggling as you pranced around the living room. Out of breath you plonked back on the sofa as Yongmin continued to screech and attempt to cartwheel around the room as Yongguk reappeared, now dressed in a pair of sweats and a hoodie. He pulled you close and leant close to your face, his hot breath blowing across your ear as he whispered,

“Next time for sure” which caused you to blush slightly and wriggle away giggling as he squeezed your sides and gave you a kiss on your neck with a smirk on his face.

“Daddy, does mummy have another bug on her neck?” Yongmin asked, he stood directly in front of you both with inquisitive eyes once again.

You immediately blushed whilst Yongguk just raised his eyebrow and peered over at you before opening his mouth and to prevent any unnecessary talks you quickly elbowed him in the side.

“*ahem* there was Yongminnie and like a good appa I was just getting rid of it”

“Umma it seems bugs like you” was all Yongmin said before he wandered off to his playroom.

Your jaw dropped open whilst Yongguk burst in laughter, clutching his stomach as his deep laugh bounced off the living room walls.

“You know Yongguk by that it implies that you are a bug” you said before standing up and following Yongmin out of the room, not before looking back at Yongguk who had ceased laughing and was glaring daggers at the back of your head. You only poked your tongue at him before leaving the room.

 

~~~~

 

The rest of the evening past by uneventfully much to Yongguk’s displeasure, and by the time you were both settled into bed it was well into the night and the day’s events were catching up to both of you.

Yawning Yongguk pulled you in his arms, your legs tangling up together naturally and he slowly ran his fingers through your hair as you settled into the crook of his neck, your hands curled towards your chest and you sighed into content.

“You know what Gukkie?” you muttered.

“Hmm what?”

“I never did get my cup of tea” which only caused the both of you to burst into giggles.

“Tomorrow for sure” was all Yongguk said before lightly pinching your which only made you squeal rather loudly at the unsuspecting attack.

“Ssssh or you’ll wake Yongmin”

You only slapped him lightly with a small pout on your face before snuggling back down in his arms.

“Night beautiful” Yongguk whispered pulling away to give you a goodnight kiss which you returned.

“Night muscles” you replied which caused him to chuckle again and to kiss your head before pulling you even closer. And once again you both fell asleep into each other arms.

 

~~~~

I am soooooo sorry for not updating in forever! I don't really have an excuse I'm afraid so forgive me!

I'm slowly but surely getting back on track with my others stories as well so check them out and I'm going to start updating at least once a week I hope!

I just need to get a routine going so bear with me, anyway I hope you enjoyed the chapter, let me know what you think^^