The Double Life

A Double Life

It was one of the things he disliked about being an idol. Having to get up before the sun had even risen and only to return home well after it had set; time was something precious, unfortunately being the leader of B.A.P it greatly hindered his access to it. Don’t get me wrong he loved being an idol, it was his dream to stand on stage in front of thousands and do what he loved, but there were several things that he had to miss because of his double life like almost missing the birth of his son, he would’ve never forgiven his manager had he been late, but also the little things for example eating dinner with his wife every night, being able to tuck his son in and eat breakfast with them in the morning. It was all things that he had to miss. 

His wife was incredibly supportive of him, always standing by his side and constantly assuring him that even though he was hardly there she and their son still loved him with all their hearts, and that was all he needed to hear. Currently driving back home Bang Yongguk could hardly contain the excitement that was starting to build in the pit of his stomach. He and the rest of the boys had to stay late for practice only to be called into their CEO’s office just as they were leaving. He informed them that they were to get a week break, effective immediately, to rest after all their hard work and to prepare their bodies for their upcoming comeback.

Thinking back to the last time he received a break, well let’s just say it was a very long time ago, and now being given the chance to spend an entire week with his two favourite people in the world, he was incredibly excited. 

Finally pulling into the driveway he peered at his clock, 01:54am. It was late, too late for them to be awake. Carefully opening the front door he placed all of his things on the floor, hung his jacket up and placed his shoes on the shoe rack and ventured into his home. A smile immediately appearing on his face as he walked past his son’s playroom; the place looked like a bomb site, toys lay everywhere, he could barely see the floor, he would definitely make him clear all this up tomorrow.

Arriving in the kitchen he poured himself a glass of water and stopped to admire the artwork that was pinned on the fridge. There was a flower, a dinosaur, some cars, just some plain scribbles and a rather dashing painting of him, his wife and their son; their heads were too big for their bodies, large eyes and smiles painted on their faces, bodies short with square shapes of clothing and the large and incorrectly spelled I love you at the top completed it. It was by far his favourite and they would definitely have to frame it. 

Discarding his glass in the sink Yongguk travelled upstairs, finally feeling the exhaustion settle in his bones. Noticing the door of his son’s door open he peered in only to be met with an empty bed, frowning he carried on down the hallway towards his own bedroom at the bottom of the hall; there was only one place he could be.

The bedroom that he shared with his wife, door was wide open, stepping inside he was met with a heart warming yet comical site. His poor wife was on her front at the very end of the bed with one arm and leg hanging off the side with her head dangerously close to following with only her left leg being covered with the duvet. His three year old son on the other hand was sprawled over the rest of the bed with the majority of the duvet over him; both of them were wearing their yellow duck pyjamas, a pair which Yongguk also had, and their even breaths filled the room.

Smiling softly he wandered over to his side of the bed and carefully pulled his son into his arms, careful not to wake him he carried him back to his own room and tucked him into his bed. Pulling the duvet over him Yongguk brushed some hair from his son’s forehead and softly kissed him, it had been too long since he had spent time with his son but he would have plenty of time over the next week to make up for it. Sighing he checked that his son’s nightlight was still on and pulled the door to making his way back to his room.

Just as carefully as he did with his son, Yongguk turned his wife on her back and placed her arm and leg back on the bed, dragging the duvet over he tucked her in placed a kiss on her forehead too before walking into the bathroom to get ready for bed.

Reappearing in just his boxers he threw his dirty clothes in the hamper and rummaged in his draw for what he was looking for. Bingo, as he pulled out his own pair of the yellow duck pyjamas that had been a gift from his parents, leaving the top inside he pulled on the bottoms and walked over to his side of the bed. Climbing in, careful not to jostle the bed too much in case he woke up his wife he made himself comfy, still feeling his son’s body heat on the sheets, he turned over to be met with his wife’s face sleeping peacefully.    

She truly was beautiful even as she slept, Yongguk had always told her that but she always only scoffed and rolled her eyes. Yongguk had missed her so much, even though on most days he would return home to sleep he would only have to get up again before she rose, the only sign that he had been there would be his faint scent left behind and the new dirty clothes in the hamper. He would definitely make up for his absence this week to both of them, he needed them to know that he was sorry and that he still cared and loved them even though he was hardly there.

Pulling his wife into his arms he brushed her hair back and planted the softest of kisses on her head before he pulled the duvet higher on them and finally snuggled down to sleep.