Chapter 3

Lost in Oblivion

 

The sound of an angry heel was easily recognizable as Rei stepped to the wooden staircase up to where the F4 supposed to eat, Sulli and Luna following her from behind as Krystal was nowhere to be found. It was an agonizing day for her to be burdened with, the stress of those political and economic subjects that she needed to take extra credit for, was the primary reason of her anger and the fact that Chanyeol still wasn’t giving up gives her the hard time to come and think of another plan for him to do so.

 

It was funny to think that he haven’t ran away with fear or something related on realizing that he wouldn’t win the fight, but he still was stuck on his words and promise to the girl which he thinks who stole his first love.

 

Love, what really is the meaning of love?

 

Was it those butterflies inside our stomach whenever we see someone who had somehow stole our hearts just by smiling?

 

Was it those tingling sensation which we felt beneath our spines whenever we touch a part of them?

 

Was it the feeling of being complete just by seeing that one particular person first thing in the morning?

 

Is being in love being happy, too?

 

Chanyeol stepped inside the canteen as he was holding his lunch prepared by his mother before going for her work in the laundry shop. It was tiring, seeing her like that first thing in the morning but of course, they have to cope up with everything until they have settled down to what they think is an average family to be having. The minute that he was about to open the box, it was pushed by a boy who purposely bumped to him and smirked with his own friends.

 

“You should really watch where you’re going, freak.” They said as they laughed at his lunch which was on the ground already. It was a pity for him, since, he doesn’t even have the money to buy some food for his own. His allowance was actually just enough for him to ride a bus back and forth and he couldn’t spare it for him to eat, unless, he wants to walk home.

 

It had been a painful week for him to endure, being tormented by each and every student besides Krystal, who could only be with him when everything ends, as if she was always the remedy whenever it happens. Chanyeol could just wish that everything will turn out to be okay, as Krystal promised that it would once Rei had calmed down to her senses and see through the things which in fact, she haven’t, yet.

 

Looking down to the students at the bottom of the cafeteria, Rei smirked as she once again, saw Chanyeol looking like a lost kitten. It was amusing her, to the point that she even wishes to see him again the next day after the other. She couldn’t quite understand why but that was what she was feeling, and she was even doubting herself for a minute or two. She looked back at Luna, Sulli and Krystal who joined them after a couple of minutes of being away. Rei smirked and walked to the edge of the staircase before stopped by Sulli.

 

“Hey, where are you going, finish your food.” She said softly, looking at her with her eyes blinking.

 

Rei shook her head and just continued with her ministrations of going down there, to where Chanyeol is and , like her everyday routine. It had become her habit to do so, and she couldn’t quite understand how and why but she had gotten to like it. She was used on seeing him suffer every day, she was used on seeing him, everyday.

 

“Poor, poor, Chanyeol.” She smirked, hopping on the table next to him. Her arms were resting on the table as she leaned on it as if it was a wall, resting her body within it, while looking at him. “Lost your lunch, why don’t you buy some?” she asked, then laughed after. “Right! You don’t have the money to do so.” She chuckled, making everyone do the same thing, including Sulli and Luna who were at the terrace, looking out for them. Krystal just shook her head with a smile, knowing that even if one of them tried to stop Rei from doing all of those things, it couldn’t be helped.

 

“She’s at it again.” Luna said as she walked down to where Rei is. She find it funny and amusing, she finds whatever happens amusing and that’s why she couldn’t blame Rei whenever she wanted to torment someone for the fun of it, it sure is fun, and even if it’s sometimes annoying, they usually get along with it, because it’s what they do.

 

“Here we go.” Sulli hummed as she went over to them, too, leaving Krystal at the edge of the staircase, confused if she would go or not.

 

Chanyeol was at the verge of bursting out, but he kept himself composed. It isn’t nice to talk back to a girl, it was one of his father’s words and he wouldn’t want to break his promise to him. But she was beginning to annoy him, Rei, that is, she was beginning to brag and irritate him with things such as being poor. He isn’t a person who complains a lot, but it was starting to hit him, right on the chest, where his ego was placed.

 

“What, little Channie wants to eat, but he couldn’t? Too bad, do you want us to fetch Mommy so she ca—“

 

“Shut up! Don’t you dare put my mother into this, you don’t know her and I wouldn’t want you to know her. I’m pretty sure that your mother is a bratty one, just like you so don’t you dare, put my mother into this fight of ours.” Chanyeol said, stepping closer to where Rei was, he was inches closer to her and heavily breathing.

 

Rei smirked, this was exactly what she wants. For him to burst everything. She wasn’t offended though, on what he said, because she knows that her mother had been doing good to others, by helping her Uncle Ji Hoo in their hospital as one of their senior doctors. She wouldn’t let anyone to scrape of her mother’s precious name inside her head, but this one was an exception.

 

“Really, you think your mother is so good, huh?” She said, smirking while doing so. Rei leaned forward and was looking deeply in his eyes. “Then why would she let you suffer the consequences of being poor?” she chuckled evilly, raising her brow as she walked ahead, bumping her shoulders to his as he went to stop her right before she could take another step.

 

“You asked for this, and I’ll be giving you what you want, Rei. You asked for war, I’ll be giving you war. I won’t lose to you, mark my words.” He said, taunting Rei Ah, slamming her arm to her thigh as he went out to get some fresh air, leaving Rei behind with a totally flustered face, with everybody else.

 

That was when she felt her heart skipped a beat.

 

Rei looked at the other students who were looking at her with concern visible in their own eyes, she just nodded and they knew what to do. They ran, trying to find Chanyeol where ever he is. Krystal was still on the edge of the stairs, eyes were locked on Rei who was walking up to her.

 

“You did this to him. if you didn’t helped him first time around, he wouldn’t be able to find that courage and ask for this.”Rei said as she stopped on where Krystal was and looked straight ahead.

 

Krystal chuckled softly and looked around. “No, Rei. You asked for this, isn’t this what you want? A remedy for your boring days.” She said as she went down swiftly.

 

Rei thought first before chuckling as if she thought of an amazing idea. “Right! Oh, geez, Krystal why didn’t I thought of that!” she laughed before sitting on her usual chair and started digging on her food again. Remedy to her boring days was the only thing she wants since everything was planned within the timeline she’s in. Even the way she takes a bath, and everything. It was a pity that her parents’ couldn’t do anything about it.

 

Luna and Sulli looked at the other, totally confused yet they knew what was running on her vivid mind. It was one of those traits which her father had passed on to her. That bipolar attitude, was passed on to her like a blink of an eye, she could change her personality from the most feared one to a more happier note.

 

“You’re beginning to act weird again.” Luna said as she sat down on her seat and went to eat her ice cream, Sulli followed the pursuit, chuckling before pulling once of those expensive chocolates her father brought her from Europe and savored it inside before speaking. “Though, he really got you there huh, you were completely puzzled by the way he spoke. He’s different, I could tell.”

 

“I know, I want to keep him as a pet.”

 

Krystal walked around the school, looking around as if she was trying to spot a familiar person within her reach. She was missing him, yet again and the only thing she could do was to wait for him, until he comes back. She wasn’t sure why she had fallen in love with him on the first place, they were heaven and hell’s apart. She was a little bit conceited, while he was down to earth. She was invincible when everyone could see the way he shine, and the minute that he left, was the minute she died.

 

She sat on the usual seat they sit together, reminiscing the times they shared, and how she wished that she told her what her feelings were, to him. It was more than just a brother, more than just a friend, it was always something more, nothing less. His warm brown eyes, his tall lean body, his soft smile, the way he talk, walk, his everything, she misses it the most. Krystal leaned her head on the wall before staring blankly at spaces. The thing about Chanyeol was nothing to her, really, it was always her vise to help others, like her father always do, but the fact that she thinks of him as her innocent brother wouldn’t do any difference to what their relationship is.

 

She still couldn’t let go of her past and move on, even if she wanted to.

 

“I heard that he’ll be back on Friday, isn’t that right?” A familiar voice ran across Krystal’s ear. She really was her best friend, she knew just where to find her, even from the mists of air, she knew her too well not to notice that she was thinking about him again.

 

“Rei, shouldn’t you supposed to be sleeping?” she asked, smiling lightly, her head still was facing in front where she could see the sky and some birds flying around. She felt Rei sit beside her, it was pretty unusual to see her here in this time of day, not to mention the fact that she was there with her instead of sleeping somewhere where she find comfort at. It was still a mystery to them where Rei got her habit of sleeping everywhere, since, the fact that it was a natural trait of her uncle Ji Hoo, Krystal’s father who sleeps for almost every time of the day instead of her father himself.

 

“Not in the mood.” Rei said plainly, turning her head to face Krystal before sighing lightly. “You can still do it, you know.” She said, knowing that Krystal could clearly understood what she was talking about. She pulled her knees up together before turning to her again, sitting on a more comfortable position.

 

“Do what?” Krystal asked, trying to push the topic away. She doesn’t want to talk about it, as much as possible, as much as she wanted to, as much as she would want to talk about it with her, her best friend, she can’t. It pains her more to remember whatever happened from the past and that was why she couldn’t do it anymore.

 

“Tell him what you feel.” Rei answered, looking intently at Krystal. It wasn’t really a topic for them to converse together, but she has to, she was the only one who knew what happened, who knew what really happened.

 

“Tell who?”

 

“Tell Minho, before it’s too late, yet again.”