Chapter 1

Lost in Oblivion

 

“They’re here!” One exclaimed, pulling most of the school’s population to the path where they will take once they stepped out of their respective cars. Three cars were lined up right in front of the gate where they usually were dropped off.

 

“So Luna!” boys cheered, right when a brunette girl stepped out of her green Cayman Porsche, pulling her bag right up her shoulder before winking to those who were cheering. She was used to it anyways, she was used on having most of the school’s population cheering out for her, and her best friends. Luna wasn’t really a play girl, like her father but she does like boys to the extent but doesn’t want to be serious with all of them. She takes time to pick and realize who she wants to be with at the end of the day.

 

The next door which was opened by her own butler was a yellow BMW roadster, showing a light skin toned woman with her hair propped on one side of her hair. She was her lollipop while smiling cutely to those who were calling her. “Song Sulli, I love you!” One screeched while she giggled and sent him a flying kiss. Sulli was always the energetic and childish one. Always smiling warmly to those who is needed to be loved, it wasn’t really new to them that she had always been the cry baby of the group. Opposing her father’s traits which was cool and protective of them most of the time.

 

A wave to her best friends was all she could come up with. She was tired of what she had to do at her father’s hospital last night that she haven’t got enough sleep to surpass the day ahead. “Ahh! Yoon Krystal!” students cheered as she looked around and gave them a warm smile. Like her father, Yoon Ji Hoo, Krystal is a matured girl who could manage to take and break hearts even without her knowing. The only difference is that, Krystal isn’t an introvert and usually chooses to hang out with her friends, drink and do whatever it is do have a good time.

 

“She still isn’t here, yet?” Krystal asked adjusting her bag before looking at Sulli and Luna who just shrugged and chuckled with the other.

 

“You know her, always groggy in this time of the day. She’ll catch up, she always do.” Luna said and as on cue, an orange car screeched right in front of the gates where the three luxurious cars were parked before driving ahead on their own parking space.

 

Last, but not the least, stepping out from her own orange Camaro Chevrolet, was Gu Rei Ah. Heir of the Gu companies in the whole world, richest among the richest people in Korea, leader of the new generation.

 

Rei closed the door as everyone cheered, including the teachers who were actually their stalkers, once Rei had been reunited with her best set of friends right in front of them. Her hair was tousled, assuming that it was still her bed hair, eyes were still in the verge of shutting close as her face looks totally distracted and heavy.

 

No one dared to ask her what’s wrong.

 

“So annoying.” She said, rolling her eyes to the massive crowd as she pulled her feet to step forward, leaving her friends to walk behind her. The day wasn’t really nice as she actually had an accident earlier, causing the massive thunder storm right on top of her head.

 

Krystal chuckled as Sulli and Luna were used on how she actually treat people. She was their best friend anyways, they knew everything about her, inside and out. Rei walked through the crowd as she fondled with the keys on her hands, looking back at Krystal who was still smiling at what she saw earlier, she rolled her eyes and asked,

 

“What’s funny, huh? Seeing me like this if funny to you?” Rei asked as Krystal nodded, ruffling her hair.

 

“Yeah, everyday’s always like this, right?” Krystal replied, thinking how everyday had always been like this to them. People cheering right when they got out from their cars, Sulli, Luna and herself will always be punctual and their actual leader had always been late, ever since she was born. They couldn’t blame her though, she’s just that much of a sleepy head to start it with.

 

“Aish, whatever.” Rei sighed as she pulled a book out of her locker before slamming it again. Sulli yelped and rubbed the back while looking at Rei who was walking away from them.

 

They all looked at each other, knowing that there’s something wrong with their friend. It wasn’t really new to them when Rei acts this way, they were all used to it already, and all they could do is to try and cheer her up while wishing that she wouldn’t be pissed off about it. It had always been her vise to be like that, like her father, to be possessive, impatient, hard headed, but one thing is for sure though; she had always been loyal to any of who she thinks deserves to be loved.

 

“I was about to ask if her car’s new, then she walked off.” Luna shrugged, pulling out her phone from her pocket as she smirked just by looking at who they sender was.

 

Sulli looked at Luna while Krystal fidget with her own locker to pull those needed books before looking back at them. “Let me guess, Lee Joon?” Sulli asked as she shook his head in disapproval, knowing that all that Lee Joon knows was to break everyone’s heart and he’s trying to get Luna’s, next.

 

“Don’t worry, I wasn’t planning to keep him from the start.” Luna winked as she dropped her phone again on her bag, she looked at Sulli and began talking about random things.

 

Krystal just stood there, examining all the books she took from her locker before deciding to go ahead and catch up with Rei inside the room they were supposed to be at. They still have thirty minutes to spare and she wanted that time to read her favorite book. She walked ahead, holding the books on her right hand while her bag was placed on the left. Every hallway she turned to, there were boys looking at her, envy girls staring at her; wishing that she was her, wishing to get her natural beauty, wishing to be like her someday.

 

She looked around, as if trying to get the visions of the school inside her head. She had been studying here the minute she turned four, with her best friends and she knew every single inch of the school. It was their father’s alma matter anyways, Shin Hwa high school, where all the richest among all Korean citizens could enter. Krystal stopped at the stairway where his father usually sleeps when he was still studying, he told her that on that same place, he fell in love, got dumped, started everything all over again and at last, found the meaning of existence.

 

Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of shoes clacking up and loudly while swearing, she looked up to see a boy, around her age with a semi messy hair with big round eyes. She just kept on staring at him, and he was staring at her back and he couldn’t really help but to fall for her amazingly enchanting eyes.

 

“Hello, Are you new?” Krystal said as the boy only nodded to comply, she wasn’t sure if he was actually scared or nervous, or he didn’t know who he was talking to.

 

An angel sent from above.’ He thought as he smiled at her warmly before rubbing the back of his head.

 

The day wasn’t really nice to him as he got lost on the way to his new school. He had been accepted into a scholarship and he thought that it would be his chance to put everything together and start a new life with his family. He promised to do good and do everything just to keep that scholarship going while working part time at a ramen shop.

 

He was actually trying so hard to get inside the orientation building on time and was stopped right after an orange car almost hit him on the way. The worst thing was, she was the one who got mad and didn’t even said sorry. Those feelings were immediately thrown away right after he saw her, saw Krystal, whose eyes were shining like a start in the mist of the morning. Her sweet voice was trailing and repeating over and over inside his ear as all he could see was her warm smile.

 

“I’m Yoon Krystal, and you are?”Krystal said, breaking those trail of thoughts inside his head. He haven’t found a friend yet and he was hoping to find or get to know one of the students before actually going to his first class, but alas, everyone’s been a snob, just by telling them that he was a scholar.

 

“I’m Park Chanyeol, it’s nice to meet you, Krystal.” He said, his smile was almost over his ear as he heard the bell rang. Krystal looked at him and gestured him to come with her as she got the hint of him being a new student.

 

“Come on, tell me what your first class is and I’ll get you there.”

 

“No, it’s alright. I don’t really want to bother.” He chuckled nervously, looking down in embarrassment.

 

“Don’t worry, it wouldn’t be a bother, so tell me, what’s your first class?” She asked again, ignoring those stares shot by curious eyes.

 

“Science, Mr. Choi?” he asked, looking back at her.

 

“Great, we’re classmates.” She chuckled.

 

They walked, silence was hovering their ears as he even thought that it was a good kind of silence, which was over coming them. He wasn’t really sure about what was happening, but he was pretty happy that he had managed to know Krystal, right when he thought about getting away from everyone. Krystal opened the door and everyone turned their gaze on her, which made him feel awkward by their stairs. He kept his path behind Krystal who was walking flawlessly ahead of him.

 

“Where have you been?” A familiar voice struck his ear, confused on who that was, he kept his gaze on the ground while listening intently.

 

“Found a lost boy from neverland.” Krystal chuckled as she walked next to Rei and sat beside her.

 

Rei’s eyes couldn’t be as wide as it was right when she saw him, again. The one who almost scratched her new gift from her father right when he got back from US. It was the one she was wishing for, to have and she wouldn’t let anyone to touch it, not even from him, whoever he was.

 

“You?!” She yelled, brows furrowed as Chanyeol looked up to see who it was and his eyes widened at disbelief.

 

“You?!” he said, mimicking her actions and stepped back.

 

“You know each other, great, now sit and the classes will start in a minute now.” Luna said sarcastically as Sully and Krystal chuckled at what she said.

 

“Oh, no, no, no. Not unless someone tells me why in the world is this…filthy boy inside our room.” Rei said, demanding someone who could actually tell what the hell was going on.

 

“I have a name, and I’m not filthy. It’s Chanyeol, Park Chanyeol.”

 

“I wasn’t asking for you name. I was asking why in the hell are you here, don’t you even know who you are talking to?” She retorted, raising her brow at him.

 

Chanyeol looked around, as if everyone was against him, he looked at Krystal who just flashed him a smile, before shaking her head to give him a hint of not pursuing what he was planned to do. He looked back at Rei who was extremely irritated just by looking at him.

 

Rei smirked, stood up from her seat before walking closely to him, inch by inch she stepped until their faces were almost touching. “Gu Rei Ah. I’m Gu Rei Ah, owner of the floor you are stepping on, right now. Owner of the air you inhale, owner of those clothes you are in, remember it.” She said, walking away from the air which they were about to share together. She bumped her shoulder to his as she kept on walking without a word, trying to ease the irritation off her head.

 

Sulli sighed as she knew that it will be a massive breakout for the boy who just entered the school, it was his fault though, he should know where he should stand. She stood up, and as if knowing what to do, Krystal and Luna followed her right at the door. Chanyeol was left in the middle of the room, eyes were searching for answers he wasn’t sure he could fine, until he met Krystal’s eyes again.

 

“Expect a welcoming party for you tomorrow, Chanyeol. It’s nice meeting you.”