Chapter 1

I love you, not him... (re-written ver.)

 

 

It was that moment. That toothy grin, eyes smiling, hand on the back of his head moment, that I knew.

 

* * *

 

I was sat curled up on a 3 seater sofa in the dorm building belonging to MBLAQ. The reason I was there? My best friend from childhood is Seungho and during his time as a trainee and even after he became a member of MBLAQ, I've supported him and his band members the best I can.

 

While I hang out with them at the dorm a lot when they have no work, I also make frequent trips to their dance studio to watch them and let them know they're doing great.

 

Especially Mir.

 

What I like about Mir, is that no matter how upset I get, how mad I get, and how happy I am, he's there by my side to comfort, calm and laugh with me.

 

The only problem? Joon likes to get in the way and complains that I give all my attention to Mir. Seungho and GO have told him I don't, but he still goes on about it, every time I'm with Mir and not him.

 

That brings me to what's happening now, while I'm bored in their living room.

 

* * *

 

I was alone, even though Joon was in the building somewhere, he wasn't in here, which I was thankful for. He hadn't gone food shopping with the others. Said he felt tired, well, that and not bothered by what they bought to eat.

 

I had kicked my feet up onto the sofa so I was laying across it, one to get more comfy so that two I could try and sleep because three there was nothing else to do when there's no one around.

 

Saying that though, the wooden door to the living room eased open and I heard the padding of feet on the plush carpet, getting louder and louder until the darkness behind my eyelids suddenly got darker with the presence of a shadow looming over me.

 

Stop staring at me, Joon” I said, eyes still closed and ready for sleep. Not that I'd be getting any with Joon here.

 

How'd you know it was me?” he asked, perching on the edge of the sofa he could fit on with me lying down there.

 

Gee, I wonder? The others are out shopping remember? You're the only one here. Besides me of course” My eyes were open now as I sat up to allow him to sit down.

 

He wore a white t-shirt, just plain, with a black thin cardigan, sleeves rolled to his elbows. His usual denim jeans were present, only he had no shoes, just plain white socks on his feet.

 

He smiled at me as he sat back on the sofa. If I were any other girl, my heart would have either melted or exploded, but this was so normal that I ignored it and yawned, stretching my arms up in the air before bringing them back down to tuck my hands under my thighs.

 

how's my favorite girl?” He asked, wrapping an arm around me and rubbing my arm a few times. I only had time to look up at him before I heard keys rattling in the door, signalling the others were back from shopping.

 

I'm alright, although a little bored without Mir bouncing around, it's really quiet with him not here” I said, feeling a little more than uncomfortable with Joons arm around me.

 

I heard the door finally swing open, the rustling of shopping bags and light-hearted chatter coming from the hall. We stared at each other for what seemed like forever, as the sounds of the others faded into the kitchen and the room fell silent.

 

I heard the faint padding of socks on wooden flooring heading towards the room. It was then that Joon chose to pull me into his lap, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his chin on my right shoulder.

 

I hoped that the padding of feet wasn't Mir, because the way I was sat on Joons lap looked anything but friendly.

 

Joon, I-”

 

But my prayers went unanswered as Mir came into the room, stopping in the doorway to stare at the two of us. As he stood there time seemed to stop, trapping us in a fixated staring competition, our eyes wandering each others faces for questions and answers.

 

His brows furrowed, smile dropped and he spun on his heel, frown upon his lips as he left the room with a silent scowl.