Uh-oh....

5TAR (Story Start!)

 

It was almost noon and the girls were currently at a photoshoot for Elle. The girls were taking their last pose for the day as the photographer told them how to be positioned. All the girls linked hands as they raised them up halfway, almost as if they were about to bow. As the photographer took the picture, he shouted, “Done!” The girls cheered and clapped as they bowed and thanked the photography team.

“Kamsahamnida!” the girls chimed in as they hurried to their dressing room to get dressed. Since Min Ra was the first to be done changing, she sat down on the couch and played with her phone while waiting for the other girls. Eun Mi bounced around as she started to fix her hair up into a ponytail. Briana and JiYu were just finishing putting on their shoes, while Jeuline was gathering all their bags and purses together.

“Yah!” Min Ra jumped up as her eyes started to fill with worry. As Min Ra made her sudden outburst, the girls all froze and turned their heads towards her.

Jeuline questioned, “What’s wrong?” Min Ra looked up at the other girls as she felt a pang in her chest.

“Gongchannie was admitted into the hospital. He’s undergoing surgery today to remove a kidney.” Min Ra announced to the girls. The rest of the members put their hands over their mouths. There was a small silence, before Eun Mi decided to break it.

Eun Mi tried to lighten everyone up as she pushed everyone out the door. “Ne ne! Come on! Gwaenchana yo! Gongchan oppa is strong! He’s going to be all right! Why don’t we all get into the van and make our way to our radio appearance, ne? After that, we can go visit oppa!” Jeuline nodded and led the girls to the van. The others followed silently, worried for B1A4’s maknae. Eun Woo noticed the girls’ grim expressions, except for Eun Mi, who was still trying to keep her smile and cheer everyone up.

“Oppa! Can you please turn on the radio?” Eun Mi asked of Eun Woo, who in turn, opened the radio and raised the volume as they made their way to Sukira’s Kiss the Radio. The girls’ song, “Dancing in the Rain,” (originally by BAP!) came on as Eun Mi shouted in surprise. “Come on unnie-deul! JiYu-ah! The chorus is coming on!” Eun Mi exclaimed, smiling as she bounced in the car. Eun Mi turned towards JiYu and they both smiled.

“Nal baraboneun nunbichi neomu tteugeowo. Already I’m ready, you’re very tipsy baby! Neodo nal wonhago itjanha. Already I’m ready, you’re very y baby! Nal ireukyo jwo, nal saranghae jwoooooo tonight!” Eun Mi and JiYu sang. Jeuline and Briana chuckled as they started to sing along. So far, Min Ra was the only one not singing. All the girls smiled at Min Ra as they anxiously waited for her to sing. Min Ra sighed, slightly smiled, and then started to sing the song. The girls cheered as they heard Min Ra sing. Altogether, the girls sang and bounced in the car on their way to Kiss the Radio. Once the car arrived to their destination, Eun Woo dropped them off and the girls hurried inside the building, the fangirls surrounding the entryway.

“Mianhae yo!” Briana exclaimed to the fans as they shut the doors closed and greeted the security guards that were by the door. The girls went into the elevator and pressed the button for the 5th floor, where Kiss the Radio was at. Eun Mi, Min Ra, and JiYu were equally excited to see Eunhyuk and Leeteuk. Jeuline and Briana remained calm, but on the inside they were giddy with happiness.

Once the elevator slowed to a stop and opened its doors, the girls calmly walked out and opened the door to the radio room. Eunhyuk and Leeteuk turned their heads to the door as the girls entered. “Ah, annyeonghaseyo!” Leeteuk and Eunhyuk greeted 5TAR as they bowed.

“Annyeonghaseyo! There are millions of stars out there, but we will shine the brightest! We’re 5TAR!” the girls shouted in unison as they bowed to their sunbaes. Leeteuk and Eunhyuk clapped and cheered as the girls sat down in their seats.

“Ne, and with us today, we have 5TAR! The newest rookie group is making an impact on fans everywhere! Ne, Eunhyuk-ah, I think I’m going to become a Twinkle too!” Leeteuk commented. The girls giggled as they began to get interviewed. After the interview, the girls were asked to perform their debut song “Because of You.” The girls happily obliged as they stood up and went to the microphone stands.

After Kiss the Radio, the girls bid goodbye to their sunbaes and hurried over to the hospital in the van. The girls could see the worry in Min Ra’s eyes, and they all smiled knowingly. *She likes him…* they all thought as the van halted to a stop once they arrived to the hospital. Jeuline explained, “Eun Woo oppa. Pick us up in an hour, ne?” Eun Woo nodded with a smile as he waved goodbye and drove off. The girls went inside the hospital and waited for a text from one of the boys.

Briana looked at her phone and announced, “Sandeul oppa says they’re on the second floor, in room 22.” As Briana said that, the girls hurried into the elevator and pressed the button for the second floor. Min Ra tapped her foor impatiently as the elevator rose to the second floor. Once its doors opened, the girls ran out and asked the front desk there which way room 22 was. The nurse told the girls, and they calmly walked in that direction. Once they saw the boys sitting down in chairs, the girls all surrounded them worriedly. Everyone began talking to one another, and the girls found out they’re preparing Gongchan for surgery right now.

Eun Mi turned towards Jinyoung, who was sitting on a waiting chair with his head buried in his hands. She felt a small pang in her chest, so she decided to sit down and give him a pat on the shoulder. Eun Mi turned her head away just as she saw Jinyoung look up. “Gongchan oppa will be okay. He’s strong.” Eun Mi mumbled as she grabbed her right arm sheepishly and turned her whole body opposite to Jinyoung. Min Ra was nervously sitting down on a chair as well.

“Sandeul oppa. I’m sure everything will be fine. Do you know how long he’ll have to stay in the hospital after the surgery?” Briana questioned Sandeul as they started to read some random magazines.

Sandeul sighed and answered, “The doctor said about a week and a half. Gongchannie will have to be absent for at least a full episode of the show and for the photo conference.” Briana nodded at the new information given to her. Jeuline and CNU had taken it upon themselves to call Gongchan’s parents and inform them at what had happened. Baro and JiYu had gone out to go buy food for everyone to get their minds off of Gongchan’s surgery. After a few minutes, Gongchan’s hospital bed was being rolled off somewhere by nurses. Min Ra resisted the urge to run after it.

The doctor turned to everyone and explained, “We put anesthesia on Chanshik-ssi. The surgery will be performed now. I trust that you made the call to his parents?” CNU and Jeuline nodded as everyone stood up, anxious to hear more from the doctor. “Arasso. The surgery will be over in about two hours.” The doctor finished off as he bowed and ran to catch up with the nurses. Baro and JiYu came back with the food, and everyone else explained what was going on while they walked into Gongchan’s hospital room. The girls and boys sat around the table there, eating on the couch and some sitting on Gongchan’s bed.

Jinyoung explained, “In Ro hyung cleared off our whole schedule for today to stay with Gongchan-ah, so if you girls have a schedule to go to, you can.” The girls nodded and looked towards Jeuline, who was already scrolling through her phone to find the schedule for that day. Jinyoung slightly glanced at Eun Mi, who was eating a small box of Sour Patch Kids that JiYu bought for her. Eun Mi caught Jinyoung staring at her and shot him a mildly rude stare. Jinyoung snapped out of it and glared back, childishly turning around to Baro. Baro shook his head dissapointedly at his hyung, but turned his head to Jeuline as she began to talk.

“Our schedule surprisingly won’t be that much today. In about half an hour, when Eun Woo oppa picks us up, we’ll be heading over to another interview and a guest appearance on ‘Pops in Seoul.’ After that, we’ll be good. I think we’ll be just in time to see Gongchan-ah after.” Jeuline explained as she read the text from Eun Woo this morning. Everyone nodded at the given information and saved some food for Gongchan after his operation. Just before the girls were about to leave, In Ro came in and almost bumped into Briana. Sandeul caught her just in time, and Briana thanked him with a small blush, embarrassed she almost fell on him.

The girls bid goodbye to In Ro and B1A4 as they started down the halls of the hospital to the elevator. Min Ra took one last glance at Gongchan’s hospital room, before running to catch up with the other girls. JiYu was searching for her phone through her purse, before her phone was placed right in front of her face. “Looking for this?” Baro questioned with a small smirk as he dropped the phone into her palm.

JiYu blushed and nodded as she bowed, “Komawo yo oppa!” JiYu ran after the other girls as Baro watched JiYu and chuckled.