Agony

EXONE: The Minor Forces-The Oracle of Fear

 

“Stop trying to save me.”

I sat against the bars that separated me and Tao. I knew he was still asleep, but for some reason venting at the wall felt good. In fact, I didn’t want a response.

“You should have known this was a trap. Why do you care so much?” The tears started rolling again. “You guys…none of you guys should be held responsible for me. Look at what happened. I was fine being stuck here with no help, knowing you guys were safe in Korea or wherever you guys were.”

“He’s got both of us now. And Hua Shang is on this too. I know you don’t like her…well I think you don’t.” I take in a deep breath as my heartbeat makes my chest shake. “Just…stop doing anything for me. If it’s for yourself or someone else, than do whatever you want. But you need to stop getting hurt for me. Stop being so unselfish.”

“What if I’m not being unselfish?” I jump at Tao’s voice. He speaks with an alert tone, instead of that drowsy voice most people speak when they wake up.  

I leaned back on the bars. “Prove it,” I whisper back.

He almost started speaking again when the door slammed, making me jump again.

Mr. Hua walked in with a bunch of guards. “Good morning, or good night? Not like you two would know the difference,” he sniggered. He looked straight at me. “Feeling sorry for yourself now?”

Before I could think of a retort, he clapped his hands. “Now, we must give Tao his present.”

All of the sudden, nausea comes to me. I closed my eyes, hoping it was my power.

Immediately an image of an armband came to me. It was made of leather, with a stone sewn on it on the side.

I wanted to relish my relief, but the familiar feeling of panic bubbled inside me. I opened my eyes to see Mr. Hua pulling something from his pocket.

“Uncuff him,” he commanded, showing the armband in full view.

I looked on helplessly as the guards follow Mr. Hua’s orders. What could I do to stop him? I knew that armband was trouble, but I was stuck on the other side of the bars.

Just right when Mr. Hua is about to slip the armband onto Tao’s arm, I realized they’re all really close to me. Instinctively, I shot my arm out so that the armband slides onto my forearm instead.

“What-“ Mr. Hua started to say before the world starts to spin for me. I immediately pulled my arm back through the arms, but it was too late. Pain shot up my arm and took over my whole body. I fell to the floor, perhaps thrashing, I couldn’t tell. All I saw were swirls of colors around me. There were sounds, but I couldn’t tell what they are. I was too distracted by the agony, the insanity I was put through.

I couldn’t stop screaming until everything finally turned into merciful, numbing black.

[A/N] You don’t know how hard this was to write in past tense. I don’t even know why I was writing in present tense.

My friend requested that I should stop writing cliffhangers. I will…once I finish this story :P

Hey, just trying to keep you on your toes!

BTW I haven't looked this over, so if there's a grammar/spelling error, sorry, but I've got homework to do!

I have midterms coming up, so sorry if I don’t write in a week, although I probably will since this is my favorite distraction. :3 

BTW, reinmayy, thanks for subscribing! I would comment on your profile except it's friends only and I don't like the hassle of AFF friends. Maybe one day I'll get used to it.

And honestly guys, thank y'all for reading and taking the effort to press that sub button. I don't care if you don't comment (well okay I do care a little but not as much as the notification of new subscribers) but I really hope I've been doing an okay job so far with this story. 

See y'all next time!