Alone Again

EXONE: The Minor Forces-The Oracle of Fear

 

“We’re leaving for Korea in three days.”

“Three days? That means…you’re leaving the day before I get discharged.”

“Yeah.” No wonder his face was more melancholy than the last few times he had visited. “I’m sorry it’s so sudden…the company scheduling after our promotions become shaky since they have to schedule in really right times for traveling.”

“No, it’s fine. I’m not surprised.” I wasn’t. I had been warned about this life by Kris a long time ago. Yet still, despair leaked into my heart. What was I going to do? I was again going to be propelled in a world I was not familiar with.

“I’m almost finished with the arrangements so that you’ll be provided for until we come back.” He looked over at my leg. “How’s therapy?”

“Good. I’m getting used to walking with the boot.” I wrinkled my nose with a smile. It was cumbersome, but at least I could walk.

Kris laughed and ruffled my hair. “At least your sass has come back.”

“It happens when you’ve been stuck in a hospital room for a week. I love the people here, but I’ve been feeling cooped up.”

“Patience has been nipped at the bud?”

“Somewhat. I can’t wait to get out of here.”

“Have you called Auntie and Uncle?”

“Yeah. They know.” My mother had lectured on me being more careful, especially since they were invalid too. At least my father could sit up now, and my mother was out of the hospital. Apparently the building efforts in Shen Ling were complicated, since there were still rescues going around.

“I’ll check up on you by phone when we’re in Korea, okay?”

“Okay.”

When Kris was gone, I tried to imagine life without EXO. The apartment must feel empty.

At least I didn’t have to see Tao.

Feelings rushed through me as I thought that. I bit my lip. Who could I tell? Kris was my cousin, but he was also the leader of EXO and Tao’s friend. My friends didn’t know about my situation with Tao either.

I really wanted to punch a wall out of desperation.

[A\N] Sorry for this really short update, especially with the amount of time that has elapsed >.< But in my defense, I've been working on a four-shot that I've been trying to perfect AND I'm writing the next chapter that has already went past...3 pages on Word. And this is 1 page. So, estimate the length and there we go!

Yeah, next chapter is a bit of a confession chapter. Just because Kalyn might not have a chance afterwards to do so. WHOOPS SPOILER oh well I don't leave you guys enough cliffhangers :P