MAY 28

A Summer to Remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All for the sake of my love for you,
please let me leave you quietly.

Solbi - Like A Star

I opened my front door quietly and shut it behind me making sure my parents wouldn't wake up from any possible squeaks that may come from me or my door. The moment I stepped outside, I wanted so badly so go back in. Summer hasn't officially started yet so cold breezes still come and go every morning and night. I was wearing a pair of Adidas training pants, a light jacket, and free runs that I had yet to break in.

Running in the morning was a daily exercise that I did in secret because my parents didn't like me going outside by myself. They were afraid that their "one and only" angel would get kidnapped or something. Pshhhhht, pfffft.

...

Anyway, I did a couple of stretches before walking down my driveway to start my morning run. After I finished, I was ready to start with a light jog but I spotted a tall figure in the distance fetching the mail really early in the morning.

Um.

I just went on with my business not caring for that jerk's presence.

Yes, a jerk. I've just met him, I'm aware; but GOD he is such a mean guy! I mean I've met mean people, but this guy... he won't even let me talk to him! He won't even let me LOOK at him which is hard to do when his blinds are open 24/7 and he's just there doing his thing. I think he does it on purpose, to tease me. We barely talk but I feel like I know him so well.

Not really, but you get what I mean.

We make occasional eye contact from our windows and I try my best to be nice to him and wave but he just walks out of his room like he sees nothing. I really want to be his friend but he makes it so damn difficult! Maybe he's just scared of beautiful girls that's all.

Just kidding.

I started lightly jogging past him as he finished locking his box.

He didn't say anything, good.

 

 

"Where are you going?"

What the.

I stop and turn around slowly only to see him standing there, hair disheveled. He ran a hand through his perfect not so perfect hair and yawned. Did he really just...

"I asked where are you going?"

"Where do you think..." I replied with a "duh isn't it ing obvious" tone in my voice and he just rolled his eyes at me.

"If you're going on a jog, I'm coming too" he says as he shoves his keys in his pocket.

What the actual hell is going on here. I pinched myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. And then a second time, but harder, to make sure I wasn't dreaming within a dream.

"What? Just because I don't exactly like you doesn't mean I can't jog with you..." he trailed off awkwardly and I just kept staring at him. He doesn't make any sense.

"You're stupid..." I mumbled while fixing my pony tail. I was going to turn on my heel and just leave him there but he stopped me by saying,

"Your parents wouldn't be too happy about your daily jogs early in the morning, am I right?"

How the hell did he even...

"What..? How did you know-- oh my god you don't watch me jog every morning, do you?"

"God no, your father told me that if you were ever caught going out alone, he'd kill you" he smirked, obviously victorious, BUT ONLY FOR TODAY.

"Ugh, fine. Go get dressed... you know you could do this on your--" and with that he left to go inside his home and change. He took longer than I expected and I nearly fell asleep while waiting.

"Ready?" I asked while doing some final stretches.

"Yep" he replied and started jogging ahead of me.

I slowly followed right after, picking up my pace to catch up to him. He was way too fast and it wasn't fair, his legs were long and he could take longer strides than me.

Wait, I have long legs too...

But he's taller... and he's a guy.

Blah! Why did he even ask to jog with me? Stupid boy.

We continued to jog for what seemed like forever and finally stopped to catch our breaths. I looked up at him and I could have sworn he was shimmering in the sun that was slowly coming up. He looked so god like and I looked like crap. But thank god for cold mornings, or else I would have been sweating like a pig... and no one wants that.

"Why... do you... jog so... FAST?" I panted with my hands resting on my knees.

"Fast?" he questioned. "I wasn't jogging fast, that was my normal pace."

Well this is embarrassing. At least he wasn't being a complete to me.

"Hey, how about you and me race around town before heading back?" he suggested and I crossed my arms to make an X.

"No way, Jose."

"Okay first things first, my name is Kris, not Jose." he retorted quite rudely and well, it's now safe to say that his douchebag side is showing. "And second, come on! It'll be fun."

"I said no!" I complained and a smirk appeared on his face once again.

"I'll tell your parents."

"You're bluffing!"

"Nope."

Ugh, this guy... why is he like this! But before I could say anything else, he started walking toward me. He leaned in closer and closer and I backed away each time until I ran into a gate. Ouch.

He rested his hand against the gate and moved in closer to me. Thank goodness I learned how to hide my blush.

Or maybe it was showing. Oh god, he's getting even closer and closer and--

"White laced " he whispered into my ear and stepped away from me.

"W-what..?" I sputtered and then realized what he was talking about. He was referring to the time that I had accidentally taken off my pants without closing my blinds first. I looked over and I didn't see anyone... but I guess he saw.

"You ert!" I shouted and he started running so I chased after him. We ran for at least two minutes before I was quickly pulled into a dark alley way and lost sight of Kris.

"Hey darling" a man who looked at least like he was in his mid forties whispered while holding me against my own will. He reaked of alcohol. Damn drunkard...

I never actually thought I'd actually be in a situation like this, only imagined. Before, when I had imagined all of it, things were much easier and the situation was less scary. However, now that I'm dealing with it in person, I don't know what to do. The man started to touch me in places I refused to touch myself as I washed myself in the shower. He started to pull down my training pants and I started to panic. I squirmed in his hold but he just squeezed on me tighter while he whispered some incoherent things in my ear.

I started to tear up because I was so helpless.

"Hey bastard" a voice said sternly from afar. I couldn't see who it was because of the blurry vision caused by my tears, but I could make out who it was because of their height and hair color. "Let her go."

"And what are you going to do about it?" the old geezer taunted.

Kris came closer and started to quickly jab at the man's weakspots. He let me go because he couldn't feel his arms or legs anymore. Kris picked me up effortlessly and started walking out the alley. I looked back at the man and he laid on the floor, screaming for help.

"Don't worry about him, he'll be fine in about 20 minutes or so."

I looked at Kris who just stared straight ahead while walking in the direction of our h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter