Never Let Go

Never Let Go

 

 

 

Minseok woke up to a humming that sounds so familiar from someone seated beside him. The humming stopped abruptly when the owner of the voice noticed Minseok staring blankly at him.

“Sorry, did I wake you up?” Luhan asked a bit embarrassed.

“No, not at all...” he whispered.

“Uhm, good morning?” he scratched his head. The atmosphere seemed so awkward.

“Good morning...” he bit a smile. “About yesterday...?”

“Hmm?”

“I---I’m sorry about my attitude yesterday. I was... it’s just that...I’m just confused. I—I didn’t think. I—“

“It’s okay.” Luhan cut him off.

“B-but I said so many hurtful things...”

“It’s not your fault. You didn’t know.”

“I’m still sorry.”

“Apology accepted.” Luhan smiled.

Awkward silence.

Minseok stared down at his fingers, twisting them just to occupy himself.

“Don’t do that.” Luhan warned.

“Do what?” Minseok is confused.

“That. You’re doing it again.”

“Huh?” Minseok is still confused.

 “Stop biting your lips. Ugh. It’s driving me crazy.”

“I’m sorry.” He unconsciously bit his lips again.

Luhan sighed. “I just want to let you know that if you don’t stop biting your lips...” he trailed off. “I might not be able to stop myself from kissing you."

Minseok flushed.

“I’m just kidding.” Luhan smiled.

Awkward silence.

“That... uh, song you were humming...” Minseok tried to start a conversation again “Is that...?”

“Oh, that? Yes, that was the song. Do you still remember?” he asked

Minseok nodded. “So, how was it?” he questioned

“How was what?” Luhan asked dumbly.

“Your performance for your father’s birthday?”

“Oh, you mean our performance?”

Minseok nodded. “Yes?” he asked expectantly.

“Everyone said it was great. The visitors loved it...”

“But?” Minseok pushed, knowing there must be something Luhan’s never said.

Luhan bit his lips.  

“Well...?”

“I stopped singing afterwards.”

Minseok let out an audible gasp. “Why? You’re no longer singing now? How about your talent? But singing is your passion...What do you do now?”  Minseok bombarded him with questions. Luhan cannot help but smile. He cared. It gave him hope.

“I write songs.” He said simply.

“But why did you stop singing?”

“That is because...” he lowered his voice as he said, “I lack compassion.”

“What does that mean?”

“Parents said that it doesn’t matter if your voice is good or if you can hit the right notes. What matters is how you put your emotions when you sing. I obviously did not have that then.”

“Then? Meaning you overcome it?”

“Yes.” He smiled

“How?”

“I fell in love...” his voice dropped into a song-like whisper “with you.”

 

 

 

 

The conversation they had three days ago was the closest thing to what they had before the accident. Luhan’s close to believing everything would be fine but he was wrong. They didn’t get to talk much after that. Friends, relatives, and the others flooded Minseok’s schedule. When visiting hours were finished, Minseok’s already too tired to even start another conversation with him. On the morning, Minseok doesn’t wake up unless there’s a visitor. Sometimes Luhan thinks the other is just avoiding him but the question is why would he do that?

Today, Minseok was discharged from the hospital. The doctors instructed him for the follow-up check-up, the medications, the follow-up examinations, and the likes. Luhan was all smiles as he turned the stirring wheel of his car. How he longed for this day. Now he can have Minseok all by himself.

“Where are we going?” Minseok asked. He was seated in front, beside Luhan, clutching his seat belt with both hands.

“Home.” Luhan smiled.

“B-but...” he hesitated “this isn’t the right way to my apartment?” It was silly of him to ask. Of course, for five years, a lot of things have changed and that includes his own house. But he was just kind of wary so he still asked.

“Yes, this is definitely not the way to your old apartment.” He paused “But you’re living in a new place now.” He smiled.

 

 

“So, welcome back home, Bao—Minseok.” Luhan announced as he unloaded the baggage on the car’s compartment. Minseok tried to help him but the former just waved him off. “Here’s the key, just open the door.” He instructed.

Minseok observed the surroundings. It was big. At least too big for one person. As he opened the door leading to the living room he noticed some of their pictures hanging on the wall. He cringed. If he still didn’t believe that they’re actually engaged, now is the time to be convinced. Everything in the living room screamed, ‘yes, you guys were really together and you were supposed to get married if only you didn’t met an accident.’ He also looked around, appreciating the aesthetic of the apartment. It’s good; he likes it, but not really his style. Somehow, it made him think if he had someone do the interior of the house.

Luhan noticed how Minseok tried to absorb everything around him.

“It’s getting late. Aren’t you going home yet?” Minseok asked.

Luhan gave him a questioning look before he finally understood what the former said. “Oh, but I am already home.” He smiled.

“What???” Minseok asked, flabbergasted.

“I mean, we live together?”

“Oh.” Is the only word that came out of Minseok’s mouth.

“I can see that you did not expect it?”

“Honestly? No.” He walked toward a large glass table with a row of picture frames. He picked one and stared at it.

“Oh, that was taken on our first date.” He grinned.

“Ah.” He put it back and started walking again. “Who did the interior?”

“Me?” he said anxiously. When he didn’t hear a response from the other he continued, “I always asked for your opinion but you always said that you trust my designing skills. So yeah...”

“I like it. Actually, I thought I actually had an interior designer design this house.” He said reassuringly.

Luhan smiled his crooked smile.

Minseok flushed at the sight of an adorable, smiling Luhan. His heart beat faster. He was confused, he didn’t know what he’s actually feeling. He shooked his head.  

“How many rooms do we have?” he asked, silently praying there is one more extra room because, really, he cannot handle sleeping with Luhan. Not now. Not yet.

“We only have one.” He said.

“Oh.”

Luhan noticed the gloom in Minseok’s expression so he said, “You can have the room. I can sleep here.” He motioned to the couch.

“Are you sure?” he’s feeling a little bit guilty for trying to indirectly push the other out of their supposed bedroom.

“Don’t worry” he said reassuringly. “Besides, that is like my next favourite place every time we had a fight.” He grinned

 

 

 

 

A/N: REALLY, REALLY, SORRY. OMFG. *90 degrees bow* Super sorry for the late reply. ;~~; Had a major writer's block. Eck. And was depressed the whole time. My depression obviously made me write a fluffy fic. I cannot even write angsty one. Nooo. This means this chapter is not as angsty as the previous chapters too. /sobbss really sorry again. Will try to finish this fic within the week. :) My mind is bugging me to write another fic. PFFT. But i just can't seem to write it without finishing this first. Anyway, thank you for all the support. ILU GUISE. *huggles*

@smiley44: yes i did. omfg. forever reblogging those cpr pictures/gifs and everything with it/about it.
@lastlaughlane: thanks for subscribing. :D really sorry for the late update. ;~~; and about the suho x xiumin. XiuBaek has a lot of moments than of Suho x Xiumin. I just like the both of them that's why i pair them up sometimes. Also they're like the counterpart of each other in mama mv. XD water and ice. :D
@callisto: /cprs you. LOLOLOLOLOL. Sorry for the short update.. and this one is quite short too. ;~~~; Let's ask minseok if he can teach you that? LOLOLOL I love Yixing here too. My fave character LOL.
@dibsfortwo: thanksss.. sorry for taking this long.. :(