Never Let Go

Never Let Go

I can handle this much pain and suffering

If only you are with me...

When you're tired and having a hard time,

I will stay by your side...

In this world, please, let me love only you...

 

Luhan's gaze swivelled over the waiting room, looking for a place for him and the other four of his friends, Yixing, Chanyeol, Kris, and Joonmyun, to sit on. A television played quietly in one corner, a distraction, he thought, that might help hold back the turmoil inside of him. But who is he kidding? He averted his gaze and stared down at his hands, twisting them just for the sake of it. Yixing then reached out his hand, squeezing it reassuringly while looking into his eyes giving him a warm and friendly smile to put him at ease.

“Thanks a lot, Xing-Xing” he said trying to bite down the pain that brought them there. “This means so much to me.”

“He’ll be alright. Don’t think too much.” He said, trying to comfort his best friend. He knew that he himself was lying. He noticed that Luhan’s already stopped listening and have already focused  his gaze on the automatic sliding doors of the emergency room where his Baozi’s being taken care of.

 

“God, Minseok, I was worried sick about you. What happened?” he said frantically.

“Uhm, Excuse me... ” the person on the other line hesitated. “But are you related to the owner of this phone?”

“Yes, I am his fiancée and should have been his husband at this very moment” He didn’t notice that he had actually raised his voice. A sense of jealousy tugged at his heart. Why did this woman answer his Baozi’s phone? And then he heard something. Was that a sound of an ambulance? No, of course not! But he heard something more, the background sure is busy. Doors opening and closing, coughing, sneezing, and--and some grunts of pain. His eyes widened realizing something. “Who are you? What happened to Minseok?”

“I—I’m S-sorry.” The woman on the other line stuttered. “Your fiancée, he got into a car accident and he’s here in the hospital.”

Luhan’s mind stopped processing after that. All he could hear was the word “accident” continuously repeating on his mind. He couldn’t believe it, no, he didn’t want to believe it. He dropped his phone and before he knew it, a steady flowof tearsquickly startedto fall down his cheeks.

 

The details of the accident were revealed to them by the woman, Min Young as she introduced herself, the moment they arrived in the hospital.  Min Young was too busy tying up her 8 year old son’s shoes when she noticed her 5 year old daughter already nowhere in sight. She heard her daughter screamed and when she finally averted her gaze towards her it was already too late. There was a car approaching her daughter at a high speed. A man, which she later learned to be Minseok, pushed his daughter and was the one who got hit by the car.

The street where Minseok met an accident, as Joonmyun noted, was the exact same street where the former take a walk every morning. He was probably on his way back to his house to get ready for the wedding before the accident happened.

Stupid.  Luhan cursed to his mind. Who in the right mind would go strolling the day of his wedding? He made a mental note not to kick Minseok only if he recovers from the accident.

 

The door leading to the Emergency Room slide open revealing a doctor, in green scrub suit and white coat, holding a medical chart. He went straight to where Luhan and his friends were seated. “Excuse me,” he started “Are you a relative of Kim Minseok?”

Luhan stood up, “Yes, how is he?” he asked back.

 “I think it is already safe to say that the patient’s already stable.” He informed which obtain sighs of relief from the four other men in front of him. “Also, he underwent some procedures like CT Scan and X-ray just to determine his overall condition.”

“That’s great, don’t you think, Luhan?” Chanyeol smiled exposing his pearly white teeth. He was back again from being the happy virus after his whole energy being drained after hearing the bad news.

Luhan nods. “So, how’s the results?” he asked.

“Well, the X-ray result is negative. CT scan result is okay too. We’ll just have to monitor him a bit more so we will have to transfer him to a special room.”

“Thanks a lot, doc. I really appreciate it.” Luhan replied with a slight smile. His Baozi’s already out of danger. Thank God!

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Thanks a lot for the comments and subscriptions! ^__^ First chapter done! Yay! I hope you still continue reading this. ;~~; I love you guys. ^^

@teeheehaha-ara: O_O?
@smiley44: your questions will be answered in this chapter. :)
@YoonMi: I'm glad you find my story interesting! :)
@starkey: Now that you mentioned it.. i really haven't read a xiuhan wedding too. :| Thank you! Glad you like the idea. :D
@pasywasy: I hope so too. ^__^ hehehe thanks!