x | He went to see him, and goodbye Seoul

The Tattoo of the Mafia [remake]

 

“The cemetery?” Hyehee questioned when Taemin stopped the car. “Jin oppa,” she suddenly remembered. “Umm hmm,” Taemin answered, getting off the car.

              “Today morning, I received a call that hyung’s tomb is done.” He held Hyehee’s hand and walked into the cemetery together. It wasn’t very far away from the entrance so when Hyehee spotted Jinki’s small photo, she let out a gasp.

              Taemin let go of her hand as she squatted down, her fingers trailing on Jinki’s smiling photo. “Jin oppa looked so dashing… as always.” She mumbled, before reading the words below it.

              ‘A filial son.

              A valedictorian that inspired many hearts.

              A brother that will never be forgotten.’

              She felt a choke in but she dissolved it into a sigh at the last sentence. It must be Taemin’s idea for that sentence. Our most beloved brother…

              “Looks like someone came here before us,” Taemin said, eyes on the small bouquet of flowers beside the tomb. “Who could it be?” Hyehee asked, looking up at Taemin who squatted down after that.

              “None other than him,” he smiled, taking off the bracelet that Hyehee gave him. After locking the bracelet, he placed it at the foot of the tomb. “Hyung, take good care of this, it represents Hyehee and I.” and his hand goes up to the little photo, running his finger across it.

              And in the next life, I would like to be your little brother, real brother…

 

 

With Hyehee beside him, Taemin headed into BD.

              Ever since Choi Siwon was hospitalized, things in the Dragon clan were surprisingly peaceful with no leader in charge. “Why are we here?” Hyehee quietly asked him as he lead the way to the bar counter. “The bouquet of flower,” Taemin smiled. “He’s—,”

              “Can I help you?”

              Taemin stopped when he heard Jiyong’s voice; he wasn’t at the bar counter with his apron like he always does. “Hey,” Taemin greeted him with a smile, bringing Hyehee over to Jiyong, looking as though he was going to introduce his girlfriend to his father.

              “She is Hyehee?” the bartender questioned without Taemin introducing. “You look pretty much like Jinki,” he said.

              “You know my brother?” she raised a bow. “We were close.” Jiyong gave her a small smile and it was almost the first time that Taemin seen him smiling.

              “We are leaving, Jiyong.” Taemin said. “So we are here to thank you for looking after us, because we are Jinki’s siblings.”

              Jiyong pressed his lips together, he nodded. “Take good care of yourself, and this little precious.” He looked at Hyehee.

              The little angel that Jinki always talks about.

              “I will,” Taemin patted on Hyehee’s head with a smile. “Let’s go,” he mouthed to her, tightening his hand on hers.

              Jiyong, G-dragon, thank you for looking after us; and I sort of understand why hyung decided to befriend with you when the world is against you. Take care and see you again.

 

 

A few days passed and very quickly, it was their last second day in Seoul. The summer break has ended and the streets were busied with students again.

              Taemin and Hyehee were in their casual clothing when they made their way to the director’s office. “It was weird, coming to school in our own clothes.” Hyehee said quietly, avoiding the crowds in the corridor. It was just the first day of class after the long holiday so everyone was still in the holiday mood. Hyehee already spotted a few girls who have not dyed their hair to black, and a few guys with ears full of piercings.

              In between conversations, Hyehee also heard people talking about her and why is she with Taemin instead of Jinki. Taemin seems to hear it too; he reached out for Hyehee’s hand and held it, raising even bigger commotion among the gossipers. Hyehee lowered her head, the commotion wasn’t dying and she hears everything.

              “Isn’t he the rebellious guy Lee Taemin?”

              “Why is Hyehee with him? Where is Jinki?”

              “Are they together? Isn’t Hyehee with Minho?”

              “I heard Taemin belongs in a gang, could it be that he snatched Minho’s girl?

              “Poor Minho, I bet he was heartbroken; he was such a nice cheerful guy.

              Taemin shook his head, “ignorance is such a scary thing, isn’t it?” he quietly ask Hyehee who gave him a small smile in return. Why is the path to the director’s office so far today?

              “I did most of the things online already, so it’s actually quite convenient.” Taemin said, bringing her into the admin office. “I will go in first,” he smiled, letting go of her hand, “I’ll be out in a bit.”

              Hyehee nodded. It wasn’t very often that she gets to come to the admin office, since she doesn’t have a lot business here. She stood before the Wall of Shines board as she finds Jinki’s name, his name was always on the board.

              “Ah, there it is.” She smiled, spotting her favorite Jin oppa’s name under the 'Perfect Student Award. This year is the last year to go before Jinki graduates, what a pity, she pouted, eyes wandering to the name below Lee Jinki.

              Lee Taemin.

              She gasped, squinting if she sees it wrongly.

              “I’m done,” Taemin appeared right away and Hyehee tugged on his sleeve. “Oppa, you’re the second best?”

              Taemin shrugged. “Since when, why didn’t I know about this?” Hyehee still couldn’t hide her surprise.

              “Because everyone only sees the best,” he said, with a hint of disappointment in his voice.

              “That’s not true,” she pouted again; “you’re the best to me.” She smiled.

 

 

Hyehee was on the bench when Taemin went to check their passports in for the flight to California. She watched as everyone was dragging their luggage from one end of the airport to another. For a moment, she couldn’t comprehend what she should be feeling; happy because she is leaving this scary place where she lost her kin?

              ”Hyehee,” Taemin called when he was done with the checking in. Hyehee gave him a smile that he was already very familiar with. “You okay?”

              “Yup, I’m good.” Hyehee leaned her head on Taemin’s shoulder when he sat down next to her. “Is Key and Jonghyun oppa coming?”

              “I don’t know,” Taemin said.

              Hyehee nodded as she puffed her cheeks with air and blew it out again. “Oppa.”

              “Hmm?”

              “On the morning that master passed away, where did you go?”

              Taemin blinked, he digs his wallet out from his pocket and showed Hyehee a photo. “This…”
 she took it carefully.

              “Key found it in master’s room when he was packing it yesterday. He gave it to me.” Taemin stares at the photo. It was a photo of the Choi Siwon and Lee Hyori when they were younger.

 

Taemin walked to the ward with heavy footsteps. He couldn’t decide what to say once he meets him, or what to do, or what to expect. But he knows that he has to do something, he has to see him and talk to him.

              “Taemin?” Siwon was awake when Taemin went into the ward. He was equally shock as him; he thought Siwon was still unconscious. He walked over to the side of the bed and sat down on the chair.

              “How are you?”

              “Alive.”

              “Of course, there’s no bullet in the gun.”

              “I know. I was in the mafia long enough to know the weight of a gun with or without bullets.”

              Taemin swallowed.

              “If you didn’t mean to kill me, it must mean that my son wasn’t dead too, right?” Siwon questioned.

              “You thought so?” Taemin retorted with a question. “If not, how do you know about my son?”

              “I—,”

              “How is it possible that someone like you would know about Hyori? Let alone the fact that she has a son.”

              Taemin was loss for words. He has never thought of why he doesn’t want Siwon to know that he was his son. What is stopping him?

              Or is it that he was afraid if Siwon knows about it, he will never get away from the mafia world?

              “Taemin…” Siwon pressed his lips together; he was still looking pale and weak. “If I ever had a chance to see my son, I would tell him this.”

              Siwon pushed himself up from the bed, he struggles a bit but he didn’t give up. Taemin watches as Siwon sat up and put his hand on the latter’s shoulder. Their eyes met.

              “Son, I’m sorry that I did not find you earlier. If I’d know about your existence, I would find you and raise you up to be a good person. Not an heir to my clan, not the head of the mafia. Just my son, our tall and smart son.”

              Taemin swallowed again, he could almost feel himself choking up, and the last thing he wanted to do was to tear in front of this guy. He cleared his throat, “if he’s here, he will be utmost happy to hear these.”

              Immediately after that, Taemin stood up and left the ward without looking back. He stood outside, leaning against the ward door. If he stays there anymore, he might lose himself. Is it that Siwon already know who his son is?

 

“Lee Taemin!”

              A loud voice draws Taemin back to reality. At the same time, the announcement for their flight was being broadcasted.

              “Just in time!” Key and Jonghyun jogged towards the both of them, panting. “Remember to come back and see us yeah, we will always be here.” Jonghyun smiled, giving Taemin a hit on his shoulder.

              “We are really leaving.” Taemin sighed, holding Hyehee’s hand. “We will come back again,” he said to the guys. “Thank you for everything.”

              Key and Jonghyun watched as the two of them walked towards the departure point.

              Seoul, see you again.