Dinner?

You won't leave me, will you?

"Are you sure they won't eat me?" Gillian asked as Taemin led her around the house.

He laughed. "Of course not! Well, maybe the servants but they're fed well enough." he said.

Gillian slapped his arm.

He looked back at her and smiled. "Don't worry, Gill. I'll protect you." he said.

Gillian was thankful for the small amount of light because she was sure she was red.

"You're blushing." Taemin chuckled. curse vampire night vision, she thought and blushed harder.

A door opened and a guy came out, holding a book. "Hi, hyung!" Taemin said happily, dragging Gillian closer to the guy. He looked up and she recognized him as Taemin's brother.

Jinki looked at Gillian and smiled. "Hi, Gillian." he said.

"Thanks so much for talking to me." Taemin said sarcastically.

Jinki turned to Taemin. "Oh hi, Taemin. I didn't see you there." he said. He put down his book. "You guys going somewhere?" he asked.

"I was just gonna tour her around the house. " Taemin said.

"Mind if I come along?"

"No--"

"Yes--"

Taemin and Gillian said simultaneously. They looked at each other. She squeezed his hand and he rolled his eyes. "Fine. You can come." he said. "but don't say anything embarrassing, hyung."

Jinki chuckled and followed the two to the corridor. "Now why would I do that?"he said.

They walked through the halls as Taemin pointed at doors and corridors. "That's father's office." he pointed at a door through the halls. "Through these halls, you'll see the family portraits and through there, the researches of other species." he said.

"By other species you mean..."

"Werewolves, witches, the likes." Taemin smiled.

They turned a corner. "That's my room." he pointed at one door. "and down the hall is Jinki hyung's room."

Jinki cleared his throat. "Excuse me, brother, but is Gillian planning on living here?"

Gillian looked at him and shook her head. "Anio, hyung." she said. Taemin looked at her. "Taemin's just giving me a very grand tour." she smiled.

Jinki nodded and pointed at a door opposite Taemin's door. "That room's vacant though so if you ever want to stay,... you'll be very close to Taemin." he smiled.

"Hyung." Taemin said, blushing.

Gillian laughed lightly. "I'll remember that." she said.

"Mrs. Jung, you're both overreacting!" they all heard a voice shout from behind them. They went back to where their dad's office was and saw their dad rubbing his eyes tiredly with the heel of his hand on his desk.

"Dad." Taemin said.

His dad looked up. "Taemin. Jinki." His eyes fell on Gillian and he straightened up. He smiled at her. "And you must be Gillian."

"umm, yes,.. sir." she said, looking down.

Taemin's dad stood up and hugged her. "Welcome to the family." he said warmly.

"eh?!" Gillian said as Taemin face-palmed himself and looked at Jinki accusingly.

Jinki held his hands up. "Don't look at me, little brother." he said.

Taemin looked at their dad while Gillian blushed and tried to contemplate what happened.

"What was that about, dad?"

"Well, I thought you brought Gillian home because you've..."

Taemin's head throbbed. "Not about that. About what happened with the Jungs." he said.

"Oh." his dad said, his face somehow turning worried. "I told them the news as soon as I could and that was an hour ago and you can guess, they didn't take it in well." he sat back down on his seat and tried his best to smile at them. " But don't worry about that, kids. I'll handle it."

Gillian looked clueless.

"Taemin was arranged a marriage with a Jung member but he called it off. I think you know why." Jinki said, his eyebrows going up and down.

Gillian blushed harder which made Mr. Lee laugh. "You kids." he said. "Are you staying for dinner, dear?"

There was an awkward silence in the room.

"Dad." Taemin said. "She's not a vampire."

Mr. Lee looked at him and laughed heartily.

"I know, Taemin, dear. But it's been a while since we had a proper family dinner and i'm sure your mother won't mind if we eat common food." their dad smiled.

Jinki perked up. Chicken, he thought. "I'll tell the servants straight away." he smiled and went outside the room.

Dinner, Gillian thought nervously. That's okay...right?

 

---

Hey, guys~ sorry for the super late update and i updated this on phone so that's a double sorry from me if there are any typos and wrong format. hehe Please comment anf subscribe~ hope you guys like it and i'll try to double-update today~ Thank you~^^