Another step

You won't leave me, will you?

Taemin went to his cousin's house in Korea. He knew Kibum was there. He found Kibum writing something in his office. He knocked and Kibum looked up.

"Taemin." he said.

"Hi. Do you have a minute? or an hour?" he said, smiling.

"Yeah, yeah." Kibum said, putting down his pen. Taemin sat infront of him. They were both silent for a few minutes.

"Do you.. Have you ever been inlove?" Taemin said.

Kibum blinked. "What?"

"Have you ever loved somebody before?" Taemin said, looking at him.

"I.. no." Kibum said. "Why?"

Taemin sighed and placed a hand over his eyes, shifting his sitting position. He shook his head and shrugged. "I just thought I could talk to you. I.. I'm inlove and uh... I am confused. Jinki hyung is in love with books, not people and I couldn't go to anyone else. I thought of you but..." he smiled to himself. ".. I guess you're as clueless as I am, hyung." he said.

Kibum looked at him. "Well, if you really love somebody, you should always be there for each other and make sacrifices for the other person." he said. "You should always be happy with them."

Taemin looked at him. "What if the person has to leave unwillingly and hurts the other person in the process but the other person lets them go because he knows it's what the person wants? Do you think that's love?"

Kibum looked outside the window. "For the other person, yes. But for the person who left, I don't think she loves him at all."

"Why not?" Taemin said.

"Why would you want to leave someone you love for anything? If the person loves tha other person, he should never let the other person hurt."

"What if there isn't anything the person can do?"

Kibum looked at him. "There's always a choice, Taemin."

"What if the choices would hurt the other person anyway?"

"Then he should never have loved at all." Kibum said.

They were silent for a few moments. "Would you want to fall in love, hyung? Someday?" Taemin asked.

"Yes." Kibum said quietly.

"If you do, ever, fall inlove,  know that whatever the circumstances, with love always comes hurt. If you really love the person, you'd let them go, even if it means hurting yourself. Now that I am inlove, I find myself wanting to sacrifice everything for the one I love and I would rather hurt than see her hurt." Taemin said.

They were quiet again until Taemin stood up. "Anyway, hyung. Thanks for your time!" he said cheerily.

"Yeah." Kibum said quietly, dismissing him.

 

Taemin went straight to Gillian's house. "Gillian!" he said.

It was already afternoon. He racked his memory for what will happen that afternoon. He snapped his fingers. "Right. The ice man."

He waited for Gillian at the gate of her school. The bell rang and he watched as Gillian made her way out of the school, almost invisible to everybody.

"Gillian!" he called.

Gillian looked up and beamed at him. "Taemin-ah!" she said, clearly happy.

She made her way to him, people looking at the pretty boy. "What're you doing here?" she asked.

"I'm here to pick you up. Minho and Jonghyun hyung are at practices, right?" he said.

"Yeah." Gillian said.

"Let's go." Taemin said, holding her arm and leading her to a different direction.

"Where are we going?" she asked. "And don't say 'you'll see' because that really makes me mad." 

Taemin laughed. "You'll see." he winked and somehow that made her heart flutter. "Hey, do you mind if I carry you? It's kinda far from here." he said, looking at her.

"Yes, I do mind. I'd appreciate it if you don't-- WAHHH!!!" Gillian felt herself being swept off from the ground as Taemin carried her bridal style and ran.

"TAEMIN-SSI!! I AM SO GONNA KILL YOU FOR THIS!!" she said.

She heard Taemin chuckle and say something like : 'looking forward to it.'

He stopped in front of a big house and dropped her softly on the ground. He gestured at the house with a pretty smile on his face.

"Welcome to my house."

 

----

Please comment!! I love you all! <3