[O7 ♥

Technology + Vintage. Excuse Me!?

} B1A4 - Because of you 

 

Clerk needed. 
Must have 3 years of experience. 
High pay given. 

'Nahh, I have no experience at all.' You shook your head and crossed out the box with a red pen.  A newspaper was shoved in front of your face and you blinked in surprise. Minhyuk appeared behind the newspaper and grinned. "How about a cashier at candylicious?" he suggested as he highlighted the information in front of you. You shook your head in disapproval, "I might be mistaken for stealing money at one point of time. Besides, I'm not really good at handling cash." 

You were now at the nearby library with Minhyuk. You had asked him to assist you in your job-hunting quest and you and him were now circling at cancelling boxes of information about given jobs. 

You glanced at your clock necklace and read the time — 12.00PM. It had been 2 hours since you sat down and looked for jobs in different newspapers. It was now your 7th piece of newspaper and you have not found a decent and suitable job.

Minhyuk sighed. Then he spotted another, "Oh! How about a saleslady?" "I won't make any sales." You quickly told him.

"Hm...." Minhyuk pouted, but once again brightened, "How about-" but he suddenly stopped. You looked up from the newspaper, "wae?" He scratched his head and pushed up his glasses. "Heh, you see..." He then rubbed the back of his neck and shyly looked at you. That made you even more curious.

"Iworkinapetcafe." 

You didn't really catch what he said. "Could you repeat it again?" 

"I ... pet..." He looked at you uneasily. "Mwo?" You asked once again. 

"I said I work in a dog cafe!" He shouted, earning a lot of glares from the people in the library. Your eyes widened and leaned in, "why didn't you tell me earlier?!" you whispered.

"Well, you never asked!" He shrugged and twirled his fingers.

"Anyway, if I remember correctly, we need another new assistant. One of the helpers quit and we're having more and more customers day by day. There's only 3 of us, plus manager-nim. And I'm the only one cleaning their poo." Minhyuk pouted.

You stared at him, then burst into fits of laughter.

"Shhhh!" The librarian glared at you, piercing a hole through your skin.

"What? Why did you laugh?" He asked you. You patted his head, "Don't worry. I've gone through worse. Like cleaning poop of cows and goats back in the province." and you shrugged. Minhyuk chuckled.

"So... do you want to take a look at my work place? Wait you don't mind dogs right?" 

— ♥ —

You and Minhyuk took a bus to Hongdae, which was just a few bus stops away.
Of course, you were fascinated by the card scanner in the bus.

Minhyuk led the way and you followed beside. When you two reached the building, you and Minhyuk went up the stairs. You looked at the sign as it read "Bau house dog cafe". The loud barks of the dogs could be heard and there were plenty of customers.

"It's usually full house on weekends. So it's double work, but we get a bonus," Minhyuk explained. You nodded in understanding. 

As Minhyuk opened the gate, lots of puppies started running to you and looked as if they wanted food, which made you shriek. Minhyuk laughed at your reaction, "They're always like that when they see new people. It's their way of greeting."

'I see that.'

You quickly scanned the place and noticed that there were A LOT of dogs. Dogs were everywhere. There were really hyper ones barking and running around, and there were really lazy ones emo-ing looking out of the window.There were also small little puppies, and really humongous dogs. 

"They'll leave you alone once you go into the kitchen." He grabbed your wrist and led you to the kitchen, and the dogs went back to doing their things.

 

 

When you entered the kitchen, you noticed a girl and a boy at the drinks counter bickering.

"I'll handle the money!"
"But I usually do the handling of money!"
"You promised!!"
"I didn't!"

You looked at them for a while, and noticed that the girl had big, bambi eyes and pink, pulpy lips — like an ulzzang. The guy on the other hand had orange-brown hair and was quite muscular. But he had that innocent look. They both wore blue aprons.

Minhyuk shook his head, "fighting for the cashier place again."

You looked at him in confusion."These two always fight about being the cashier. I apologize on their behalf." Minhyuk rubbed the back of his neck before sternly saying, 

"YAHH." 

The two looked over. "Oh hi Hyukie!" The girl said. 

"Yo, Hyuk. Who's your friend?" the guy asked. Minhyuk looked at you for a split second. "She's Yoonjo, my neighbour."

The girl approached you smiled. "Hi, I'm Dami." You nodded and eyesmiled.

"Daegun." The guy said while making a cup of orange tea. Dami glanced at him and scrunched her nose. 

"Boss is at her room waiting for you." She jabbed a thumb behind her and Minhyuk nodded. "Kaja, Yoonjo-ssi."