Branching Out

Idol's Friend

Over the past month, you had made some great friends at JYP. Being the same age as Suzy meant that she, Jaebum (JB), and JinYoung (Jr.) were your closest friends. Although you knew all the members of all of JYP’s artists, you were closest to Taecyeon oppa, Wooyoung oppa, Junsu/Minjun oppa, and Yubin unnie. Not only were you tutoring them all in English (it was a proud moment when you watched them nail their English interviews and such), but you had become a good friend. You were eating meals with them, hanging out at their dorms, and monitoring their programs. There was also a sort of culture exchange going on between you and them. They taught you how to react properly in different situations, the honorifics to use, and about the reality of Korean culture. On the other hand, you taught them the difference between the American culture they saw in movies and the reality and how to be comfortable with skinship between friends of the opposite gender. You would greet them, regardless of gender with a hug and the occasional friendly kiss. You became so close with them, and they were so happy with having a non-celebrity friend like you, that the idols of JYP began to spread the word to their other celebrity friends.

On Sunday, you were at the SBS broadcast station with 2PM, waiting for their turn to perform on Inkigayo. You were talking with Wooyoung when some familiar faces walked in.

“IU-ssi! Jiyeon-ssi! Eunjung-ssi! How are you guys!” Wooyoung greeted the girls. They responded positively then gave a small, curious look towards you.

“OH! I forgot to introduce you, this is my...my....tutor?...well no, she is more than that. This is my friend, [your name]! Well actually all of JYP Entertainment’s friend and tutor...well it’s sort of complicated” he said quickly.

You exchanged greetings with them, and were pleased to find out that they were excited to meet you. Apparently, they had heard rumors about how helpful, nice, and fun you were from other JYP artists. The four of you immediately bonded, and by the end of the night you had exchanged phone numbers with the girls.

Over the course of the next few weeks, you were able to meet a few other entertainers: some were actors and actresses, some were comedians, and some were singers, but one thing they all had in common was an immediate connection with you. You were personable, kind, understanding, funny, foreign, and most importantly you weren’t a celebrity, but you also weren’t a crazy fan. You were a breath of fresh air to these celebrities, so you got along well with them all. Yet despite your progress, most entertainers were still out of reach. You hadn’t really expanded much beyond the borders of JYP. But you would soon. Very soon. Thanks to a certain “almighty” individual.

- - - - -

[A/N] hmm who could this individual be? haha please comment and subscribe if you like the story so far!