We are in this together...

Hurricane Girl

 

“If you’re in this situation it’s all because of me.”

 

By chance Sora’s friend was kind enough to lie that she was sick and stuck in the toilets when the nightclub’s owner asked where she was. But she had to apologize for the suit she had ruined. After the work she was exhausted as ever. When she got out of the club it was already dawn out. Young teens were going home from their party. There were girls freezing to death because of their racy outfits and the fresh air of the morning; other ones were so drunk that they couldn’t even stand on their legs. And most of them were walking barefooted because their feet were hurting them to much because of their killer high heels. It is always like that every morning when she comes out from work.

But for the first time she was freezing as well. She had to work 2 hours more because she had left for more than an hour, because she had met Kris. She was even too tired to think about what happened the night before. The only thing she wanted now was going home to take a bath and burry in her warm blankets to forget about all this. But it seemed like fate wasn’t with her.

She was standing at the bus stop waiting for the first bus of the morning to come. But someone bumped into her by the back. She almost fell but she was strong. She turned back to see a girl. The girl bowed and smiled to her.

“I’m sorry. I’m clumsy, tired and these high heels are killing me.” The girl apologized with her brightest smile.

Sora opened to tell the girl it was okay but her words chocked in because of what she saw at that moment. Kris who was apparently too drunk to walk by himself was carried by three other guys who looked the same age as him, surely his friends. He was almost unconscious. It was painful to watch. Kris who was always so full of confidence. Anybody was caring about that. He wasn’t the only guy who was driven out of a club, drunk. But she knew him enough to say he was not only drunk. Something was going wrong with him.

They carried him to the luxurious car which was waiting for them in front of the club.

“Be careful to his head!”

Sora almost jumped on the spot. The girl who had just bumped into her earlier was giving instructions to the guys carrying Kris. The girl ran to them and helped them install him in the car.  Then they all get in the car and she saw the girl sitting next to Kris and placing his head on her thighs. He was still unconscious. Sora stayed silent, motionless and amazed, watching what was happening in front of her like she was in a movie. Even when the car had left for a few minutes she was still standing motionless, with a dull stare. She just moved when the bus came.

 

Once at home she took a hot shower and buried under her blankets. She wished she could fall asleep fast but she couldn’t. She was torn between anger and anxiety. She was angry because of how Kris acted yesterday. He was rude and totally disrespectful. After her little “argument” with him last night, she had decided that she would stay away from him. But at the same time, the state in which he was this morning was so worrying. She finally decided that she needed to give him at least one chance to apologize and explain why he acted like that, before she fell asleep.

 

Kris got awakened by the sunlight which entered the room through the curtains. He sighed and burrowed his face in a pillow. He wasn’t able to face a new journey and whatever he could have done the night before. He didn’t remember but he knew that at the moment his memories would come back, he would regret it. The last time he had drunk like crazy, he almost killed himself in a car accident. He just remembered how much he drank last night. He knew how much he was weak to alcohol but last night, he just needed something to make him forget how much he was furious.

“Is sleeping beauty awake now?” a feminine voice said.

He jumped and straightened up. He recognized the voice and it was actually the problem. What was she doing in his room?

“What the hell are you doing into my room? Into my house? Get out NOW because if my mom finds you here she is going to become crazy!” he yelled at her the most furiously he was able to.

The girl didn’t even blink either move. She was just standing in front of his bed, hands on her hips.

“Don’t get angry, your mom isn’t at home now. It’s Saturday and she will be back on the evening. I would never dare doing this to her.”

He even told her about that.

“Okay. But I still don’t get why you are here.”

He got out of bed and found out that he was not wearing his shirt.

“Fine! You entered my life 2 days ago and you come into my room and undress me like it pleases you.”

“Stop acting like a kid. You were sweating like crazy and I wasn’t even the one who undressed you. Your friends did.” The girl retorted.

She was determined on remaining calm despite his bad personality.

“You called… my friends?”

“Do you think I was going to carry you alone?”

“Why did you come to find me at the nightclub first? I never asked for your help!”

“You’re welcome anyway”

He was trying to hurt her so that she would leave him alone but she was more stubborn than he thought.

She is just like him.

“If I get now, aren’t you going to leave as well?” he tried his last card but she was not so influenceable.

“You’re wrong if you think that I’ve never seen a man.”

She crossed her arms on her chest and fixed him. He held the eye contact. He would not lose to her. She seemed like she would not give up as well.

“We are in this together. You’re not the victim here, if so, I’m a victim too.” She said with a serious look on her face.

“I never asked for you to enter in my life.” He retorted.

“I didn’t ask to be involved with you either. If you think I like this situation, you’re all wrong.”

“You seem to love it a lot here in my room seeing me half-.” He laughed.

“I don’t know what kind of guy you are but you’re definitely not my style. But if you want to go on this way, let’s do this. We’re stuck together, I wanted to make it comfortable for the two of us but you’re too immature for that. Let’s meet another time.”

“I’m not meeting you anywhere do you get it?”

“Okay. Then try to avoid me at school if you can.”

“At… school? What?”

“Oh, they didn’t tell you? I’m coming to the same school as you from Monday on. We are going to spend a lot of time together from now on, BROTHER.”

________________________________

Here is a new short update. I understand you would have a lot of difficulties to understand what exactly is going on. But you'll surely know with the next chapter. Thank you for your support again!