The Knight In Shining Armor

The Fairytale Life [Chanyeol/OC -----Shot]

Min Su wandered around the castle with Chanyeol, the only thing on her mind being to find someone that could send them back home. She glared at him, but went along with him when he began to pull her down one of the corridors. He tugged her into what looked to be a throne room and then walked over, sitting down in the big chair.

"Young prince, it's about time you came back," a tall, slender male spoke, as he and a woman that looked just like him entered the room. "We were worried something happened to you," the female continued.

"I am fine. No need to worry," he replied, smiling his brightest.

"Your Highness, who is this peasant?! Why is she in the kingdom," the twins questioned, glaring in her direction.

"She's a friend of mine. Aren't you, Min Su?"

She simply nodded, staying where she was with her arms crossed at her chest.

"Our mother will be mad if you leave again without saying anything," the male sighed.

"Just tell her I'm back, okay? And that I won't leave again without telling her," he stated and the two dismissed themselves.

Chanyeol looked over at his friend and frowned a little at the glare she gave him, "Why are you looking at me like that?"

She narrowed her eyes, walking over to his chair, "I want. To go. Home."

He swallowed and nodded, "We're going to go home. Why don't you try to enjoy yourself for a while?"

Min Su crossed her arms at her chest again, sitting on the arm of the chair. She couldn't believe they were inside a storybook and he was just going along for the ride, like they didn't have lives back home that they needed to get to; How could he be so nonchalant about such a serious situation? She had a right to be upset, didn't she? Who knew how time was going by in their actual lives. What would happen when people started to look for them? They couldn't stay. As a matter of fact, the sooner they left, the better. Everything would be better once it was back to normal.

She told him that she wanted something to drink and stood up. He offered to take her to the castle's kitchen and she simply followed. If he could find their way to the castle from some random cottage in a pasture, he should be able to get them to the kitchen. Once they reached the kitchen, Chanyeol greeted the royal cook and asked for something to drink. They waited in the kitchen, talking with the cook while said man prepared tea for them.

A young man, about their age, and a small girl entered the kitchen. The little girl ran to Chanyeol, hugging his leg, "Daddy~" Min Su choked on her air, "Da--Daddy?" "Hi, Mi Yun," Chanyeol smiled brightly, kissing the top of the little girl's head and then watching her dance around the kitchen.

"How do you have a daughter?"

"I was married once. I loved her mother, but I don't know what happened. She just...disappeared. One day, there was a page boy sent to the castle and Mi Yun was what he delivered. The message that came along with the delivery was that she was my daughter. The woman I married had to have been her mother."

"You can't be serious."

"Love is not something you lie about~"

Min Su watched as he began to play with the little girl, Chanyeol...? what kind of spell book is this...?

~~~~

It wasn't long after having gotten their tea and something to snack on that the castle was soon in chaos. Something had happened to the prince. A spell, to be exact. The young man that had brought in Mi Yun was the kingdom's sorceror. He'd slipped a potion into the Chanyeol's drink while everyone was moving about in the kitchen. Before Min Su could do anything to help, she was thrown out of the castle with a very rude statement:

'Dirty peasants aren't allowed in this kingdom. We should have you killed since you're most likely the one that poisoned the king, but thankful we're just banishing you!'

Min Su hurried to a lake not too far from the kingdom. She felt as if she'd already known the way, as if her feet had carried her there many times before. She knelt down beside the water, resting back on her heels and crying. All she could do was ask herself what was there that she could do now. Chanyeol knew everything that was going on. How could he not know that someone in the castle was planning something against him? What would she do if she found out that he was dead? She couldn't go back without him. That wasn't even an idea she considered. There was no way she'd go back without him.

"You know, a kiss could break the spell~"

Min Su had to fight everything in herself not to scream as a small woman appeared from the lake, "Who are you? How do you even know about the spell?"

"I know a lot of things. Everything, really. It's my job."

"What are you? Some fortune teller or something?"

"Not exactly. I'm just the queen of the faeries."

Min Su deadpanned, "You expect me to believe that?"

The white haired woman sat down beside her and wiped her tears, "You hide a very warm heart under that cold exterior of yours. He'd be very happy if you would just let him see that side of you."

"Him, who? Chanyeol?"

"That very boy... It's a shame that you don't remember any of this story."

"I...I don't understand. What do you mean?"

"This is your story, Min Su. The story you created years ago with him when you two were very young. You two always played games using your imagination."

Min Su smiled, laughing a little, "Yeah, I guess we did."

"And the little girl..."

"Mi Yun?"

The woman nodded, "You don't remember her either, do you? The name doesn't strike anything?"

She thought for a moment and then nodded, "I used to have this little doll that I named Mi Yun. She was so pretty... She looked kind of like the little girl in the castle does..." She paused, "Chanyeol and I used to play house sometimes. Mi Yun would be our daughter."

The faerie nodded, smiling warmly, "You're beginning to remember the different stories, aren't you?"

Min Su smiled weakly, "But I can't remember how to fix everything."

"You're his knight in shining armor. All you have to do is save him."