Hello...Prince?

The Fairytale Life [Chanyeol/OC -----Shot]

Chanyeol had taken off into the library... or was it a bookstore? It didn't matter, but Min Su was left to follow after him. She'd already learned that when he got excited about something, he had no problem running towards it or just grabbing it without a second thought.

Min Su wandered around through the tall bookshelves, searching for him, until he found her. He was holding a giant leather-bound book in his arms. "Look! Look what I found," he stated, excitedly, his eyes lighting up happily. The tall boy slid down onto the floor, sitting with his back against the bookshelf, and then patting the space beside him for her to sit down.

She slowly made her way to his side and sat down next to him, "What is it?"

"It says it's some kind of children's book. Isn't it cool?"

"That's a children's book. It looks more like a spell book in a horror movie."

He smiled brightly and shook his head, "You've watched too many movies."

She shrugged and leaned against his shoulder as he opened the big, brown leathered book in his lap. Even the inside looked pretty old due to the yellowing of the pages. He blew a bit of dust away and began turning the pages. There were a good amount of blank pages. He kept turning until he found one with print on it, reading the words aloud:

"Fun is what one must have to enjoy this unique book.

Beware the adventures you shall behold after just one look.

The pure of heart will find their way, even if imagination they lack.

But imagination one must have in order to get back."

"Chanyeol, I told you this looked like a spell book! That sounded just like a spell," Min Su scolded, although the worry in her tone made is sound a lot less harsh.

"What makes you think it's a...spell..." Chanyeol's words trailed off as the pages began to glow.

In the blink of an eye, the two were in a brand new world. Bright green grass covered the ground as far as the eye could see. There were trees way up above head, bending slightly in the breeze. Min Su bent down, taking up one of the flowers that decorated the grass. She smelled it, smiling to herself. Wherever they were, it was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

"This cottage is so cool~!" She snapped out of her daze, hearing her best friend's voice and realizing it was somewhat distant. That could only mean he'd run off somewhere, again. She groaned, looking around until she spotted the little cottage that had been behind her. It was no surprise that she found him inside, looking and touching whatever he could. He came across a mirror and just stood there staring, "Min Su-ssi, what's going on?!"

Said girl made a face and then hurried into the room he was in. She immediately had to cover to stifle a giggle, "You look like a fairytale prince." She blurted out. Indeed, he did. 

"You look good in tights and a tunic," Min Su taunted.

Chanyeol smirked, crossing his arms at his chest, "What're you laughing about? I'm not the one dressed like a peasant."

Her dark eyes went wide and then she looked down, about ready to scream, "I hate dresses~"

"That blue looks pretty on you though," he laughed.

"You shut your mouth~!"

"Don't talk to the prince that way!"

The two froze and looked around. That was an older woman's voice. The woman entered into the bedroom, where the duo was standing. Her dress looked very similar to the one that Min Su was wearing; the white peasant's blouse, under a light blue vest, with a navy blue skirt that flared out a bit at the waist. She bowed her head when she came in, standing next to the young girl, "You should know better than to talk to our prince like that. You have to be respectful, dear."

"Uh...right," Min Su nodded slowly, trying her best to catch on, "I'm sorry, but what are you talking about? What's going on here?"

"I'm a prince," Chanyeol smiled brightly, "She just told you that."

She glared at him, "I want to know what's really going on here. Something is terribly wrong..." She froze, "Chanyeol, it was that book! I told you--"

"You musn't raise your voice at the Highness either," the older woman frowned, patting Min Su's shoulder gently.

Min Su cleared and sighed heavily, "I don't mean to be rude, but may I ask you who you are?"

"My name is Elizabeth of Harbridge," the woman replied with a gentle smile.

"I am Min Su," she replied, bowing at her waist, "I'm very sorry that we've intruded in your home."

"Anything for the prince," Elizabeth returned, smiling brightly now. Her eyes turned to Chanyeol, who was tracing the embroidery on his tunic, "You must return to the castle, dear prince. I'm sure they wouldn't want you in a lowly peasant's home."

Chanyeol looked at her and smiled. He bowed politely, "Yes, ma'am. I will return right away~" He walked out of the cottage, leaving a very dumbfounded friend behind. Min Su gripped the skirt of her attire and hurried after him, "Chanyeol, get back here! You can't just leave me!"

"Then, come with me~"

She froze, looking up at him. The way he said it, and with the look in his eyes, made her stomach turn, but in a pleasant "butterflies-in-the-stomach" kind of way. That couldn't happen. She'd never thought of him like that, although, admittedly, she did get a bit protective and sometimes a tad jealous when it came to the girls he dated. That wasn't something that could be ignored, Chanyeol was very attractive, especially when he smiled, or laughed, or talked...

Min Su shook her head, What in the world am I thinking?!

"Are you going to come with me to the castle or not," Chanyeol asked, frowning a bit, as if expecting her to decline.

"Huh? Yeah, of course I'll go with you," she finally answered, taking the hand he'd held out to her, "But do you even know the way?"

"I'm the prince. How could I forget how to get to my own castle?"

"Right... Anyway, maybe someone there knows the way home."

Chanyeol frowned again, but didn't let her see it - or so he hoped, "Yeah, maybe~"