chapter twenty.

Perfect Man (Sequel of Dream Boy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDlN8dbtEd0


It was a very snowy day. Snow lay everywhere. You sighed as you drew Baekhyun's name on the frosted window. It has been almost 2 months since Baekhyun has left you. You never saw him again ever since he told you to keep the promise. "Yah, Kang Hyemi." D.O. said. He grabbed your wrist and pulled you to the living room.
"What?!" you asked.
"Stop sitting around waiting for Baekhyun! Move on!" D.O said.
You sighed. "I can't... There's no one else that's like Baekhyun oppa... Everyone's a one of a kind..."
"Aish~ That stupid Baekhyun. Wait until he comes back, I'm going to kill him for making Hyemi miserable," D.O muttered as he walked away.

You sighed. D.O was right. You were miserable. Just when you thought that all the drama would go away, someone else had come to steal Baekhyun away from you. You sighed again and buried your face in your hands. Ever since Baekhyun had left, his friends never let you out of their sight, just in case you would do something "stupid," like commit suicide. D.O and Suho never left your side during college, but you hardly attended classes. Mostly D.O., Chanyeol, Sehun, and Chaemi would visit you more, while the others try to contact Baekhyun or try to find a plan to get Baekhyun back. Baekhyun had stopped calling and texting everyone back. Voicemails were piling up in his phone, but he had never replied to them, nor listen to them. Everyone grew more worried, but then saw him in millions of magazines and newspapers. Everyday, he and Jihae would be on the cover of each paper. They were the hottest news of the year.

You hugged your knees. *So Jihae has been lying to me this whole time? I believed her, I covered for her, I did everything that a friend would do, and I get betrayal in return.* You were full of sighs.

You pulled out your laptop from your bag, but then something else got your attention. You looked at Jihae's hand. "You're engaged already?" you asked.
Jihae smiled and looked at her ring. "Yeah..."
You smiled. "How's your man like?" you asked.
"Well, he hardly smiles around, but his smiles are rare. He's really sweet and handsome. He's
everything." She sighed happily. "If it wasn't because of his mother setting us up, we would've never met."

"HYEMI!" D.O shouted, waving a hand in front of your face. You looked at him. He watched you and sighed. "I guess you're not getting better than I thought... Do you want anything to eat?" he asked. "It's lunch time."
"Mm... Is there anything sweet I could eat?" you asked.

D.O blinked. "CHANYEOL!" he shouted.
Chanyeol ran down the stairs. "IS HYEMI OKAY?!" he asked once he came down.
"Does Hyemi usually eat sweets?" D.O asked.
Chanyeol shook his head. "The only sweet thing she eats or drinks is coffee. Other than that, no."
D.O. looked at you. "We need to get you to the doctors now," he said. Chanyeol and you looked at D.O with confused looks.

****

Baekhyun sat at his desk, typing a document. Jihae came in with a folder. "I need you to sign this," she said and put the folder on the desk.
Baekhyun looked at the document. He sighed and opened it, signed his name. *At least this is better than shopping with this Witch of the West.* She smiled and walked out of his office. Baekhyun sighed and leaned back in his chair. He stood up and walked towards his full window. A loud bang came from the small box he accidentally ran into. He looked and picked the box up. A picture frame fell forward as he picked up the box. Curious, he picked up the picture from its place. A soft smile appeared on his face. It was a picture of you and Baekhyun, smiling, happy as ever.

His phone suddenly started vibrating wildly as it lay on the desk. The phone slowly moved towards the edge of the table, he caught it as he started to fall off the table. He glanced at his continuously vibrating phone. The screen continued to light up. They were all from his friends. Mostly D.O.'s. He sighed and was about to yank the batteries out, but one of the messages caught his eye. He unlocked his phone and looked at the message. His phone stopped vibrating, his eyes rounded. He dropped the box that was in his hand and ran out of the office. Everyone looked at him, confused.

****

The doctor and nurse came back with your results. The doctor looked at the result, then back at you with a smile. "Congratulations, Miss Kang Hyemi," he said.
You, D.O., and Chanyeol looked at the doctor, confused as ever. "Huh?"


I didn't know that I'd be able to make another update this fast. Probably because I'm not distracted today. xD So that icon is TOTALLY true.
I guess I can do a 4th update today. ouo