Chapter 4

"NOONA"

 

Couple of months had past. I missed him badly. My coffee totally got out of my breakfast. I woke up alone. No one is making me get up early in the morning. No one asks me if I brushed my teeth. No one waits for me after class. No one to make fun of. No one to buy red bean sundaes. No one to laugh out loud with me. No one beside me made my heart beat...

As I stare at nothing to reminisce the memories we had together, mom called my name out loud. Her tone was really excited.

“Yi Na! Open you’re TV! Come on! Turn it on SBS!”

I did not bother to ask and I just opened it. As I turn the channel on SBS, I was surprised with what I saw. It was Taemin and his band on TV. They debuted with the song Replay (Noona is so pretty). Right after they finished performing, I remembered something Taemin told me…

“Open that box the next time you see me. Can you promise that?”

Immediately, I get the box above my side table and get the key on the drawer. I opened it and I was surprised to see a small rabbit toy recorder and a letter. I opened the letter and found out that it was a poem. I read it.

Noona you are so pretty,
Boys won't leave you alone
Honestly, I know your shaking feelings
To you I know this love is one moment, one feeling
But no matter what is said, this is my life's everything

Maybe you are worried about my young age
But look into my eyes, what is it telling you?
and I think I'm gonna hate it girl
if the end comes
Your heart will tell you, regardless of what others say

Noona you are so beautiful
Looking at you I go crazy
But now I am tired
I want it replayed
Memories swipe at my heart
It hurts, when will my feelings be fixed
The ever drawing day of good bye
Replay, replay, replay

Noona you are my M.V.P
I know your nerves makes you a bit stiff
Me with you is so cool
Don't let go of my hand
this promise I made to you
I know that it became a lie

Maybe to you, I am a little too boring, too kind
Your body is telling me
and I think I'm gonna hate it girl
when the end comes
My heart is yelling in front of the goodbye

Beautiful you
I know has yet to find
with anyone a sincere love
Although it’s such a waste
I have given to you
at such a young age sincere love
can you not accept it?

I love you girl
Memories swipe at my heart
Hurts so much my heart
Fix it
The ever drawing day of good bye
I wanna hold you girl
I love you...

I was touched. I’ve known Taemin since he was born but I never knew that he can write such a beautiful poem. I clicked the recorder and played it. Then I heard a voice...

“Noona, you must have watched the debut of my band. Did you like it? I know you were shocked. But that song is really for you. I wrote it two weeks before your prom. You were my inspiration...  I submitted it on the recording company when I auditioned. I was lucky to get accepted and so as my composition. It even became our promotional single. Noona, I hope you are doing fine. I’ll be fine here with my new friends. I hope we could meet again. We were not allowed to have a constant communication with special people. .. I have been missing everything about you. Don’t ever forget me because I’ll never forget you... Noona...Yi Na... I love you...”

That was then I cried. I looked at the TV again and watch the band being interviewed.

 “Okay, it’s Taemin’s turn,” said the host.

“Taemin, I heard that you were the youngest among the group and you were the one who composed the song you just performed. How did you do that? You’re such an amazing boy.”

“Thanks. But I did not do it alone. There is someone behind it--- my inspiration.” Taemin said.

“Oh, how could a very young boy compose such a nice song? You must be really inspired. Haha. And who’s the lucky girl?” asked the host.

..

..

..

..

..

“...MY NOONA...”

*****

It was almost 2 years since he left. But though we are far from each other, I still believe that distance never really separates two hearts that really care. For our memories span the miles and in seconds we are there. But whenever I start feeling sad because I miss him, I remind myself how lucky I am to have someone so special to miss. Yes... I love him more than anything else in this world. And there is nothing that I would like better than to hold on to him forever. But I know it's not for the best. So no matter how much my heart is going to break, I've got to let him go so he can know just how much I love him. Maybe if I'm lucky, he'll come back. But if not, I can make it through this...