Real Eyes

Us and Us

It's been a good 3 months now. The summer break went by so quickly that everything had become a blur. Time does fly when you are having fun though. I was now in first year university and I have to say that it was tough. Staying in a lecture hall for 6-12 hours listeing to the professor talk as well as, being by myself without Hyun.

Hyun had started training at YG; we often chat online or occasionally call each other. I don't really get to see him as often as I'd like. But when we do we just chill like we used to in his basement or room talking, laughing, eating and mostly sleep since he's overly exhausted. We both have accepted that our friendship would be like this for a while. Him trying to make room for me in his scheduale and Me trying to accept the fact that my bestfriend wont have that much time for me anyways.

I've learned how to handle it though, if I couldn't be with Seunghyun I would be with my girls. Ever since he started training Cl, Minzy and I became unseperable. If your wondering about Bommie.. Well Then that's a long, long story.

* Flash Back* 

It was Hyun's last day of freedom with me before he'd start training and we decided to go to the amusment park and just go crazy. As usual when ever we went to the amusement park we would splurge on the amount of deep fried goodness everywhere. As well as the occasional kiddie rides we'd go on. 

But today was kind of different, usually we'd just walk together side by side keeping our hands to ourselves. This time however Hyun decided to keep his left arm around my shoulder and I decided to keep my right arm on his waist. It's not like we've never hugged or done this before. It was just that this time it was different, I felt a sense of warmth in my stomach and a little bit over joyed that we were this close to each other. I mean I didn't have any feeling for him what so ever. I just felt like Hyun was the only person in the world that I could say was my bestfriend. The one and only person I could depend on, ever.

As we kept walking around joking I began to feel a strange feeling. As if someone was following us. I took glances around, but I couldn't recognize anyone who would.

" Ya, Dara you okay? You look a little bothered by something.." 

" Yeah, it just feels like we're being followed" 

" Why would anyone follow us? But if it's for my handsome face, I'd understand" 

I hit Hyun lightly on the chest and started chuckling.

" In your dreams you pabo!" 

" 'Cmon Dara, you have to admit I'm good looking" He poked my cheek.

" Get over yourself you bum, let's go get ice cream!" 

" YAAA, Dara come on just admit it!" He stood firmly in place.

" Fine..I admit your pretty average.." I giggled and dragged him along

Once we got to the ice cream stand we ordered a double scooped cone each and continued to play games and walk around. By the end of the day I was in tears actually, I didn't want Hyun to leave me. We ended up staying in his basement the whole night just talking. 

The next day I helped him pack his stuff for his dorm and we ate breakfast together. I went with his parents to drop him off and lets just say that the day ended with lots of crying for sadness yet for some joy.

A week passed by and Bommie and I planned to hang out at her house for a sleep over. I guess she could tell that I still wasn't over Seunghyun leaving. I admit that I missed him alot, plus he was the only one I truely could lean on. 

Arriving at Bommie's house, the aura around her felt different. She had become a different kind of awkard, she was the funny, cute kind of awkward before but now.. It was just weird. She let me in her house and we went straight into her room. Usually when I come over I just plop myself on to her bed and we would just start talking. But this time when she opened the door and casually walked in, I felt as it was only proper to sit on the ground infront of the tv. We didn't really have a full out conversation until we started to watch the movie. During the movie she asked me a question.

" Dara-ya are you dating Seunghyun?"

"Bwoh? What would make you think that way?" 

" It's just..never mind.." She turned her attention back to the movie.

" Ani, Bommie just tell me. I just want to truthfully know why you think so.." I nodded.

She fiddled with her phone and teared up, shoving the phone in my face. She began to sobb hard, I began to comfor her but she slapped my hand away telling me to look at the phone. As I stared at the phone, I finally realized I was right. 

Hyun and I were being followed on that day...

 

" Bommie.. Aniya it's not what it looks like." 

" Not what it looks like Dara?" She stood up and began to pace aroung the room..

" Yes, Bommie you knew that I only had two weeks to spend with Hyun.." 

" And in those two weeks, you two got together right?" 

" No Bom! Stop making up stuff that never happened." 

" THEN WHY WERE YOU TWO HOLDING EACH OTHER LIKE THAT, HUH?" 

" I DON'T KNOW BOM, WE JUST ENDED UP LIKE THAT.." 

" SO YOU DO HAVE FEELINGS FOR HIM THEN."

" WHAT?"

" JUST ADMIT IT DARA YOU DO." 

" SO WHAT IF I DID HUH?"

" I....I....I.. UH HOW ABOUT JIYONG?" 

Then tears came to my eyes..

" DON'T YOU DARE BRING HIS NAME UP.."

" YOU'RE JUST USING SEUNGHYUN TO GET OVER JIYONG"

" NO I AM NOT OKAY..."

" THEN NEVER TALK TO SEUNGHYUN AGAIN!"

" EXCUSE ME? YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO."

" I'LL TELL JIYONG THAT YOU AND SEUNGHYUN ARE DATING THEN." 

" GO AHEAD THEN, I DON'T CARE!" 

" ...SO YOU'RE GONNA PICK SEUNGHYUN OVER ME?"

" WHAT NO... I WOULD NEVER. YOU BOTH MEAN SO MUCH TO ME."

" NO DARA.. IT'S NOT FAIR.."

" IF YOU CARE ABOUT ME YOU'LL STOP TALKING TO SEUNGHYUN" 

" WHAT?" 

" 'CMON DARA! YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I LIKE SEUNGHYUN" 

" SO WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ME?" 

" YOU'RE ALWAYS GETTING IN THE WAY BETWEEN SEUNGHYUN AND I"

" YOU KNOW WHAT BOMMIE, THERE IS NOTHING GOING ON BETWEEN YOU AND SEUNGHYUN OKAY?." 

" WH...WHAT? NO HE WILL LIKE ME! I KNOW IT AS LONG AS YOU STAY AWAY!" 

" NO BOMMIE. I WON'T STOP TALKING TO SEUNGHYUN. IF SOMETHING DOES HAPPEN BETWEEN YOU TWO, YOU JUST HAVE TO DEAL WITH ME BEING AROUND BECAUSE I AM NOT GOING TO STOP TALKING TO MY BESTFRIEND.

" YOU KNOW WHAT DARA, YOU ONLY STARTED ACTING THIS WAY AFTER JIYONG FINALLY REALIZED THAT YOU WERE WORTH NOTHING. I ALWAYS KNEW DARA, YOU JUST HAD YOUR HOPES UP ALL THE TIME, THINKING THAT HE'LL LIKE YOU BACK SOMEDAY. BUT NO! YOU WILL ALWAYS BE THE GIRL THAT HE WILL NEVER, EVER DATE. THAT'S THE ONLY TWO REASONS WHY SEUNGHYUN IS ALWAYSAROUND YOU, BECAUSE FIRST OF ALL HE FEELS SORRY FOR YOU. THAT NO ONE WILL EVER LIKE YOU. SECOND OF ALL, CAN'T YOU SEE THAT HE WANTS TO BE WITH ME? THAT HE'S ONLY AROUND YOU TO MAKE ME JEALOUS? YOU ONLY USED ME TO GET TO JIYONG AND I ASK YOU ONE FAVOUR AND YOU CAN'T EVEN DO IT FOR A LOYAL FRIEND LIKE ME?" 

That's when I got fed up and scoffed.

"I guess your true intentions came out Bom.If you want to get with Seunghyun, be my guest. But don't you ever expect me to help you ever again. Don't you ever dare to come near me or even talk to me. This so call friendship we had is through. And to get things straight Bom I never used you to get close with Jiyong because we were already, he was my bestfriend. It was you who used me to get close to Seunghyun and to be clear on one note. You owe me more favours than you think. But don't worry I don't want any returned from a jealous and pathetic person like you. "

I collected all of my belongings and ran down the stairs; tears began to escape my eyes out of all the fustration and anger that was released. As I was opening the door, Bom ran infront of it to stop me from leaving.

" Dara, I'm so sorry I didn't mean anything I said.. Dara please.. I'm sorry." 

" Obviously you did..That's why you said those things.." 

" Dara please, just don't tell Seugnhyun of just what happened. I don't want him to think I'm a bad person.." 

I laughed.." But you are Bom.." I shook my head in dissapointment. 

She collaped onto her knees and started to cry. The amount of pity I had for her slowly decreased as I left the door and never spoke to her again.

* Flash Back Ends*

 

That's all for today's lesson class, I would like a 4000 word essay on nature vs. nurture on my desk by next week. Have a splendid weekend!" 

I sighed and finished my notes quickly and began to pack up. Once I was done I ran out of the lecture hall and began to text Cl and Minzy on where we should go eat dinner. We all craved something different, I wanted burgers and fries, Cl wanted Sushi and minzy wanted burritos. Deep into our conversation while running to get the next bus, I bumped into a person right infront of me. I ended up dropping my phone as well falling on my bum. Sore from the pain and out of embarassment  I ended up sitting on the floor for, how long until someone crouched down infront of me holding my now cracked phone. I looked up and got my phone out of the preson's hand. I awkwardly smiled and looked at the person, it was a handsome guy with a faux-hawk chuckling at me, along with his cresent shaped eye smile.