Just Call Me Sherlock

Just Not My Type

I really wish that Tao had given me a last name to go off rather than just 'Kyungsoo'. Or maybe that was a last name here? I was sure that my Korean skills were better than that, it had to be a first name. I figured the best way to start would be Minseok. He didn't pay much attention to Luhan's orders and was friends with practically everyone. You couldn't help but like him, with his laid-back attitude and gentle smile. Yeah, Minseok would know who this Kyungsoo was.

But where does he hang out? Okay, so maybe I don't really know all that much about Minseok, he's Luhan and Tao's friend though and he has a crush roughly the size of Seoul itself on Tao. All information that I can use. I guessed I was going to have to play detective.

Wait. His roommate was Jongdae. And I happened to have History class with him today.

"So. Jongdae right?" I asked sidling up next to him as class let out. I had only noticed him in passing. Everyone noted Jongdae for his good looks. Unfortunately, he didn't go for guys or he probably would've joined my line up of exes.

"Yeah...that's me..." He said guardedly. "You know I have a girlfriend right?"

"Yes." I replied cheerfully, "Hey. You know my friend Tao right?" At his nod I smiled even wider. "Well. There's this guy named Minseok that he got drunk with an-"

Jongdae smiled. "I know. And Minseok isn't as oblivious as he thinks."

Oh really? Wonder why he was putting on the oblivious act then. "Do you know where I might be able to catch him?"

"His free period runs from nine to noon and he spends most of it studying in the library. Please, get him to pull his head out of his . He's been moping ever since that party."

I nodded. "Painful to watch isn't it?" He rolled his eyes heavenward as though thanking God someone could see the same thing.

---

I found Minseok exactly where Jongdae said he would be: studying in the library.

He looked up when I sat across from him and smiled at me. "Hey, Kris."

"Hey, Minseok hyung. Can I ask you a question?"

He smiled vaguely and I knew Luhan had already gotten here before me, and apparently he had some sort of dirt on Minseok too. Goddamnit. This wasn't supposed to be hard. "Well - "

"You know you really can't hold your alcohol." It was so low of me to use what Jongdae told me, but I needed to find Kyungsoo. "I mean. I've heard of lightweights but completely blanking out having with someone on just a few drinks?" I whistled.

The look Minseok gave me made me feel like I had just run his puppy over with an eighteen-wheeler, multiple times. "Please don't t-tell Tao. I-if he wants to put th-that behind us it's better to pretend I forgot..."

"I don't know, Minseok hyung. You see I don't hold my alcohol well either and I tend to have loose lips..." Scratch that, I wasn't just low I was a total bottom feeder. I felt skeevy and I knew I shouldn't have done that. Minseok looked like he was about to cry. God, he was so far gone for Tao.

"What do you want?"

Well done, Kris, he looks like you just gave him a good smackdown, I congratulated myself mentally. "Tao told me if I want to know something about Joonmyeon I need to find his friend, Kyungsoo."

Minseok glanced up. "You mean D.O.? He uhm - hangs out here on the weekends and we study together. I can give you his phone number and let you two arrange something." He pulled out his cell phone hesitating for a few moments. "You're not going to tell Tao though, right?"

Alright, there were only so many things I could do to the poor guy. "I won't tell him, Minseok hyung." I said quietly. "But maybe you should. You two need to work this out between yourselves. Avoiding it is only going to come back to bite you on the ."

Minseok smiled sadly. "I think it already did."

---

After I proved to myself that I was a total tard, I decided to take some time off from my search. I honestly didn't want to railroad Joonmyeon's best friend like I had Minseok. And Luhan's stink-eye had only intensified after that little incident. Mentally I kissed my extra spending money goodbye. Smoothing over the ripples I had caused with that would definitely drain all my funds. Not to mention most of my dignity.

I sighed leaning back on the bench I had claimed in the courtyard. A gentle fall breeze blew over my face, it carried with it only a hint of the nippier, stronger winds that were sure to assault me during the quickly approaching winter.

"I heard you were looking for me."

I opened my eyes and found myself staring at Kim ing Joonmyeon. "Not you, persay."

"Kyungsoo, is what I heard. I don't know what you're doing, Kris. But...D.O. is...fragile sometimes."

"Don't."

"Look. I heard that you wanted to know something about me. So why don't you just ask me?" He demanded.

"Because you didn't give me a straight answer the first time!"

"That doesn't give you a right to go around and shake down other people for information!" He growled, a slow blush of anger starting to spread across his face.

"I didn't 'shake down' anyone!" I snapped. "If you would just for one ing second be straight with me I wouldn't have to go the long route!"

"Don't even think of blackmailing D.O. like you did Minseok."

Ouch.

I covered my face with my hands unable to meet his eyes. "Look. I didn't mean t - "

Joonmyeon sighed, moving my hands so that were looking face to face. "I don't understand you, Kris." He admitted, softly. My eyes slowly dropped from his, moving slowly to his pink lips. I'm not sure which one of us leaned in first, but the next moment his lips were on mine and reason had totally flown out the window. It was nothing, a a chaste press of his lips to mine. And he was pulling back again, looking conflicted. "But...I really, really like you." He finished.

I was confused by my reaction to that kiss. It seemed to resonate to my very core. I jumped up in a moment of panic. "I'm sorry! You just - you're not my type."

And I fled, once again leaving Joonmyeon alone. I seemed to be doing that a lot. He wasn't my type. He wasn't my type. I chanted this mantra over and over in my mind trying to convince myself it was true.

But judging by the way my fingers kept travelling to my lips part of me knew that it wasn't true.

---

Oh, Kris, your hypocrisy is so cute.

You're just as deeply in denial as Tao and Minseok.

Thank you for all your comments.

And I apologize for any typos in these chapters.

My regular beta is out of town and I didn't have time to find another.

:I